Licking County League Schedules

LCL

Does anybody know the non-league opponents for teams, and possibly full schedules?

GRANVILLE
1 @ Whitehall-Yearling
2 (H) Clear Fork
3 (H) Johnstown-Monroe
4 @ Heath
5 (H) Johnstown Northridge
6 (H) Licking Heights
7 (H) Bishop Watterson
8 @ Zanesville
9 @ Licking Valley
10 (H) Watkins Memorial

HEATH
1 (H) Liberty Union
2 @ Licking Valley
3 @ Hamilton Township
4 (H) Granville
5 @ Zanesville
6 (H) Hebron Lakewood
7 (H) Utica
8 @ Johnstown Northridge
9 (H) Newark Catholic
10 @ Johnstown-Monroe

HEBRON LAKEWOOD
1 (H) West Muskingum
2 @ Liberty Union
3 (H) Fairfield Union
4 (H) Zanesville
5 @ Licking Valley
6 @ Heath
7 (H) Johnstown Northridge
8 @ Newark Catholic
9 @ Johnstown-Monroe
10 (H) Utica

JOHNSTOWN-MONROE
1 @ Licking Heights
2 (H) Waverly
3 @ Granville
4 (H) Licking Valley
5 @ Watkins Memorial
6 @ Johnstown Northridge
7 (H) Newark Catholic
8 @ Utica
9 (H) Hebron Lakewood
10 (H) Heath

JOHNSTOWN NORTHRIDGE
1 (H) East Knox
2 (H) Fredericktown
3 @ Grandview Heights
4 (H) Watkins Memorial
5 @ Granville
6 (H) Johnstown-Monroe
7 @ Hebron Lakewood
8 (H) Heath
9 @ Utica
10 @ Newark Catholic

LICKING HEIGHTS
1 (H) Johnstown-Monroe
2 (H) Tri-Valley
3 @ Bellefontaine
4 @ Utica
5 (H) Newark Catholic
6 @ Granville
7 (H) Zanesville
8 @ Watkins Memorial
9 (H) Harvest Prep
10 (H) Licking Valley

LICKING VALLEY
1 (H) Thornville Sheridan
2 (H) Heath
3 @ West Holmes
4 @ Johnstown-Monroe
5 (H) Hebron Lakewood
6 @ Zanesville
7 (H) Watkins Memorial
8 @ Lima Central Catholic
9 (H) Granville
10 @ Licking Heights

NEWARK CATHOLIC
1 (H) Bishop Ready
2 (H) Nelsonville-York
3 @ Columbus Academy
4 @ Fort Loramie
5 @ Licking Heights
6 (H) Utica
7 @ Johnstown
8 (H) Hebron Lakewood
9 @ Heath
10 (H) Johnstown Northridge

UTICA
1 (H) Centerburg
2 @ Loudonville
3 @ Fredericktown
4 (H) Licking Heights
5 (H) Indian Creek
6 @ Newark Catholic
7 @ Heath
8 (H) Johnstown-Monroe
9 (H) Johnstown Northridge
10 @ Hebron Lakewood

WATKINS MEMORIAL
1 (H) Worthington Kilbourne
2 @ Sheridan
3 (H) Teays Valley
4 @ Johnstown Northridge
5 (H) Johnstown-Monroe
6 (H) Northland
7 @ Licking Valley
8 (H) Licking Heights
9 (H) Zanesville
10 @ Granville

ZANESVILLE
1 @ Newark
2 (H) Big Walnut
3 @ Fort Frye
4 @ Hebron Lakewood
5 (H) Heath
6 (H) Licking Valley
7 @ Licking Heights
8 (H) Granville
9 @ Watkins Memorial
10 (H) Logan

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I saw where he was leaving.
Where did you see that? If so, that would be the second two-year coach in the last 4 years.

I guess if you are a coach that is trying to rise up through the ranks to a destination school, his stock will not likely get any higher at Granville than it is right now having been named Ohio D3 coach of the year. Lucked into that one if you ask me. It was the awesome once in a lifetime senior class that allowed him to acquire that accolade.

Where did you see that? If so, that would be the second two-year coach in the last 4 years.

I guess if you are a coach that is trying to rise up through the ranks to a destination school, his stock will not likely get any higher at Granville than it is right now having been named Ohio D3 coach of the year. Lucked into that one if you ask me. It was the awesome once in a lifetime senior class that allowed him to acquire that accolade.
I don't know about once in a lifetime class, they have had a lot of good classes in recent years.

I don't know about once in a lifetime class, they have had a lot of good classes in recent years.
Well, they where able to go deeper into the season than any other Granville football team ever. So as of now, it was a once in a lifetime class. Who knows what the future will bring but it will be hard to establish a deep culture of post season success when you are changing your head coach every two years. They have had success attracting blue-chip coaches but retaining them appears to be an emerging issue. That is, if what you say about Schroeder is correct.

Well, they where able to go deeper into the season than any other Granville football team ever. So as of now, it was a once in a lifetime class. Who knows what the future will bring but it will be hard to establish a deep culture of post season success when you are changing your head coach every two years. They have had success attracting blue-chip coaches but retaining them appears to be an emerging issue. That is, if what you say about Schroeder is correct.
Sure, but going further has some to do with what your schedule was like. Someone posted something snarky on FB about him and the previous coach being able to "use" the Granville kids to get better jobs. Something along those lines.

Great kids helps, for sure. But being able to sustain a playoff run is another thing. To be able to beat London (run heavy) and Western Brown (TEMPO PASS) back to back weeks, that deep in the playoffs, that is coaching and making sure the kids know where to be and what to do. That takes kids and a full staff effort to make it happen.

It is a symbiotic relationship. Good coach and good players = success for all. Kind of what is is all about with respect to winning on the field. That is what Granville has enjoyed for the past 4 years, but not so much before that. So is Granville destined to be a stepping stone for blue-chip coaches? I guess that is better than being out of the loop of consideration for top shelf coaches.

It is a symbiotic relationship. Good coach and good players = success for all. Kind of what is is all about with respect to winning on the field. That is what Granville has enjoyed for the past 4 years, but not so much before that. So is Granville destined to be a stepping stone for blue-chip coaches? I guess that is better than being out of the loop of consideration for top shelf coaches.
To your point, the years prior to the last 4 had a lot of talent as well, but the defensive scheme was a major shortcoming.