Lancaster Golden Gales

Proud of the way the Gales played. Questionable spot for a Darby first down on 4th and 1. Gales were still only down 2 at the time. Just seems like the Gales do not get any breaks this year in crucial moments. For a young team that is tough. Let's hope they can finally get that elusive first win next week at Central Crossing.

Still want to see shotgun.. .. if you’re going to throw at least give the QB some time to see things in front of him !! This way maybe he can set his feet for once and throw downfield without being chased and throwing cross body ?!?$
But I guess you need to practice this through the week .. with the team you have you know you’ll probably be playing from behind quite a bit, then why the hell aren’t you practicing shotgun and giving yourself a chance on Friday nights ??? I mean that’s all you did in the off season then the butt kicking by pick north put them right back in the same predictable offense like before .. it’s sad when all off season and the two scrimmages you went shotgun quite a bit then week 2 go right back to the same bland stinking wing t w no creativity !! Oh and not even playing your number one receiver from last year at receiver this year ??! Makes zero sense !!!

But I guess you need to practice this through the week .. with the team you have you know you’ll probably be playing from behind quite a bit, then why the hell aren’t you practicing shotgun and giving yourself a chance on Friday nights ??? I mean that’s all you did in the off season then the butt kicking by pick north put them right back in the same predictable offense like before .. it’s sad when all off season and the two scrimmages you went shotgun quite a bit then week 2 go right back to the same bland stinking wing t w no creativity !! Oh and not even playing your number one receiver from last year at receiver this year ??! Makes zero sense !!!

Ultimately, that makes zero difference tho. This team basically lost 37-7 to Darby, but got cheap KOR and defensive TDs. Might finally have a chance at a win or two here coming up. Drew50 computer has them (pretty accurately) ranked as the #336 high school team in Ohio. All the shotguns in the world aren't going to change that.
My take is Patton was referring to your post coming across as arrogant. Your response to him above lends credence to his sarcasm.
Yes, I'm aware, but your post is lacking context about how he comes and ankle-bites my opinions about Big Walnut too.

It's hilarious being called names like "arrogant" simply for having an outside opinion about this team (and Big Walnut) that was 100% correct. It doesn't take much expertise or needing to "know everything" to watch film of this team and realize that the athletes needed to execute aren't there. But instead of being grown-ups and admitting outsiders are right, you have to double-down on the name calling. The only thing sadder than this team right now is their fan base.

Speaking of Big Walnut, Lancaster should seriously consider joining the OCC Ragu division Big Walnut is in so they can play all the D2 tomato cans they have there. Lancaster is no longer a viable D1 team, and has little hope of returning to competitiveness anytime in the near future.

Speaking of Big Walnut, Lancaster should seriously consider joining the OCC Ragu division Big Walnut is in so they can play all the D2 tomato cans they have there. Lancaster is no longer a viable D1 team, and has little hope of returning to competitiveness anytime in the near future.
The addition of Logan and Teays Valley are two automatic wins (on paper) for the Gales, which means they’re done with OCC crossovers in ‘24.

Play calling is sooo predictable !!! I mean you practice the whole off season out of shotgun w RPO and after getting smacked by pick north the coach went right back to boring wing t w/ no creativity ..totally confusing these kids from the get go this year. 18 penalties Friday night ?! And yes did throw a TD from about 40 yards out of shotgun that was called back .

Play calling is sooo predictable !!! I mean you practice the whole off season out of shotgun w RPO and after getting smacked by pick north the coach went right back to boring wing t w/ no creativity ..totally confusing these kids from the get go this year. 18 penalties Friday night ?! And yes did throw a TD from about 40 yards out of shotgun that was called back .
It is predictable because of a couple of injuries on the line and this is not a very good pass blocking OLine. QB is also part of the problem. He throws a nice ball in practice and in warm-ups but he has been rushing his throws because of the protection. He had a lot of under thrown balls to receivers who were open. I do think quicker throws will be better instead of the rollouts. By the way it was 12 penalties not 18 of which 4 or 5 were for chop blocks. This team only committed 10 penalties thru the 1st 4 games combined. I do think this team is better now than week one but it is one of those years in which all the breaks are going against you. The only way to get out this is to play a near perfect game. Let's hope it's Friday against Groveport

It is predictable because of a couple of injuries on the line and this is not a very good pass blocking OLine. QB is also part of the problem. He throws a nice ball in practice and in warm-ups but he has been rushing his throws because of the protection. He had a lot of under thrown balls to receivers who were open. I do think quicker throws will be better instead of the rollouts. By the way it was 12 penalties not 18 of which 4 or 5 were for chop blocks. This team only committed 10 penalties thru the 1st 4 games combined. I do think this team is better now than week one but it is one of those years in which all the breaks are going against you. The only way to get out this is to play a near perfect game. Let's hope it's Friday against Groveport
I seen a couple under thrown because of the coverage and of course being rushed because the line just doesn’t have it . I also seen 4 drops last Friday too !! It would be nice to see his personnel a lil better also .. Tyler Holland last year in playoff game built a little connection w his QB and now he hardly plays receiver ?!? That’s coaching !!! Defend them all you want it’s sad !!!

I seen a couple under thrown because of the coverage and of course being rushed because the line just doesn’t have it . I also seen 4 drops last Friday too !! It would be nice to see his personnel a lil better also .. Tyler Holland last year in playoff game built a little connection w his QB and now he hardly plays receiver ?!? That’s coaching !!! Defend them all you want it’s sad !!!
Bottom line they have 3-4 plays in the playbook and I can sit in the stands and predict 90% of the play calls .. nothing has changed ( been told that by at least 3 opposing coaches who I know real well from teams they played this year) and they spent all off season changing to RPO and it worked pretty good in the 2 scrimmages did it not ????… so why go back to the stupid wing t w/ zero creativity ?? That’s all I have to say on this ! See ya Friday night and lord knows we won’t be able to run fullback dive every play ( well until it’s 3rd and 9 then go under center and have QB roll to opposite throwing arm and throw cross body which everyone knows is coming ) against Groveport or it’ll be a long night again ! And now I won’t reply anymore enough said !!

Tyler Holland has played mostly on Defense as Lancaster has depth at receiver. Also, as a former player I hate that this team is having the season they are having. This is not acceptable and this team knows it. Yes, I will defend them as I have seen how they work at practice. They do not practice like a winless team. It just hasn't shown in any games. This team has a lot of plays that they can run but remember how young this team is and who they have and will be playing. In the long term this will be a much improved team next year and 2024 is where this team thinks it can compete for a top spot in the region. Numbers are up at the younger levels and there are some talented kids at the Junior High level. We as fans need to be patient and this team in couple of years will be competing near the top of the OCC Buckeye or whatever divisional name is given in 2024.

Agreed.^

‘24 really is the prime opportunity year. Combination of experience coming up, more added depth + the main change in the schedule that’s been discussed. The main itch though on 2024 is there will be a general pressure to accomplish a general “something” by season’s end two years from now. What that “something” is, well what can it be? Goals have to be simple, measurable and attainable.

Is it get a playoff win? Two? That’s probably the most pivotal piece of the program’s momentum for the next 2-4 years.

They have weeks 2 & 3 open for ‘23 & 24; they are going to have week 1 open in ‘24. One dilemma is their side of the OCC is going to be pretty hollow after Pick Central — 7-3 to 9-1 but a week 11 exit would be devastating. It’s going to take some moving parts and possibly a gamble to avert a stalling out down the line.

The addition of Logan and Teays Valley are two automatic wins (on paper) for the Gales, which means they’re done with OCC crossovers in ‘24.
"automatic wins (on paper)"? Because of school size? I guess that makes Lancaster 6-0 (on paper) this season... All 3 schools have young talent, great communities and beautiful facilities. Looking forward to good "blue and gold" and "battle of 33" rivalries in all sports for years to come!

"automatic wins (on paper)"? Because of school size? I guess that makes Lancaster 6-0 (on paper) this season... All 3 schools have young talent, great communities and beautiful facilities. Looking forward to good "blue and gold" and "battle of 33" rivalries in all sports for years to come!
Two things on Teays:

1) TV does not scale well to competition that is their own size. This has been a lingering problem going back years. Since week 1 of 2014, TV is 10-13 vs D2 programs — 7 of those 10 wins were vs Logan. The other three wins are vs Briggs, Chillicothe and Hamilton Twp (the latter two aren’t even D2 anymore.) In that span they have a string of blowout losses to D2’s, losses to D3’s and D4’s along with a less-than-ideal box score list vs D5’s. This is punctuated further by the calamitous end to last year.

2) Oh, we’re already bringing up size of the school down the line… aren’t we?

Teays is in a better position to compete in their upcoming OCC alignment than Logan, but that’s frankly more of an indictment of how ill-prepared Logan is going to be. TV’s best case scenario right out of the gate is going to be 2-6 (wins vs Logan and… Newark???) where most L’s are in the 3-4 score deficit range. I suspect after a couple years in they might be more competitive and in the .500 / 4-4 ranks, but it’s not going to be pretty in the process and the primary issue working against that end is that presumes the likes of Canal, Groveport, Lancaster and Reynoldsburg all experience some long-term upheaval — ‘Burg is showing some warning signs of that possibly happening, but they have numbers, resources and athletes to withstand the hardest of inertia beyond a season or two. Logan by contrast is going to be staring down the beating stick.

Two things on Teays:

1) TV does not scale well to competition that is their own size. This has been a lingering problem going back years. Since week 1 of 2014, TV is 10-13 vs D2 programs — 7 of those 10 wins were vs Logan. The other three wins are vs Briggs, Chillicothe and Hamilton Twp (the latter two aren’t even D2 anymore.) In that span they have a string of blowout losses to D2’s, losses to D3’s and D4’s along with a less-than-ideal box score list vs D5’s. This is punctuated further by the calamitous end to last year.

2) Oh, we’re already bringing up size of the school down the line… aren’t we?

Teays is in a better position to compete in their upcoming OCC alignment than Logan, but that’s frankly more of an indictment of how ill-prepared Logan is going to be. TV’s best case scenario right out of the gate is going to be 2-6 (wins vs Logan and… Newark???) where most L’s are in the 3-4 score deficit range. I suspect after a couple years in they might be more competitive and in the .500 / 4-4 ranks, but it’s not going to be pretty in the process and the primary issue working against that end is that presumes the likes of Canal, Groveport, Lancaster and Reynoldsburg all experience some long-term upheaval — ‘Burg is showing some warning signs of that possibly happening, but they have numbers, resources and athletes to withstand the hardest of inertia beyond a season or two. Logan by contrast is going to be staring down the beating stick.
I don't disagree with any of that. I just despise the prognostication of high school sports. There are better uses of an adults time. Teays has 4 freshmen including at qb and 6-7 sophomores getting valuable varsity experience, the JV team is undefeated with its closest game as a 20-0 win against Hammy and the freshman and middle school teams are fairing very well with current OCC schedules. They also have undergone incredible upgrades to there facilities including weight rooms that would be the envy of most high school programs. They will compete. Perhaps not with PC on the gridiron or hardwood (but who in the future Buckeye division does), but they will compete and surprise some people.

Does Lancaster make it 2 in a row this week? Both Lancaster and Reynoldsburg are coming off there 1st. win. Sounds like the Gales found a lot of confidence and energy with the return of there running back. Go Gales!!