Lakewood St. Edward (4-0) at Massillon Washington (4-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully an aberration for the defense. Elder is always tough to prepare for and adjust to in-game. So much pre-snap motion, bunch formations, and misdirection. And despite all the eye candy they threw at us, they pretty much used it to set up the QB runs. Credit goes to the Elder o-line who did a very good job up front and getting to the second level to seal off our LB's. I felt Pappas got a little desperate in his approach late in the game blitzing the LB's and leaving the middle of the field vacated. I'd like to see a less aggressive, more assignment-sound approach to the Massillon game, but I don't know if that's in his nature. The penalties are a must to clean up. This game is likely to be even more emotional given the loss last year and what should be an electric atmosphere. And if Casey can't go, all bets are off with the junior making his first varsity start.
I assume there’s no update on what actually happened to Bullock? Looked like a defender fell onto his ankle/lower leg

I
Our “tendency” this year has been to play both. Deviation would mean one plays the vast majority.

I haven’t been shy about it even though it’s apparently an unpopular opinion around here but I think Owens is the better player right now. He is a human highlight reel with the ball in his hands and can also throw well. I’ll be damned if we lose a game while our best offensive players stands on the sidelines for most of the game.
I agree Owens is a dynamic player and his ability to run adds a dimension that is hard to defend. It’ll be interesting to see how each of them are used for this game.

Thanks for sharing. What an incredible atmosphere. I heard the announcers say WGH was averaging 50+ point per game and beat Moeller 55-0.

Who did Harding lose to in the playoffs? Ignatius? I think Ignatius (who Elder also beat) defeated X in the state championship that year but I could have my years wrong.
WGH ran over a pretty good Ed's team 42-26 in the playoffs. Clarett's 2nd quarter was like 3 runs over 70+ and Ed's never really got back in the game after that. Ignatius beat them the next week 40-33. Clarett still had a great game but Ignatius' defense came up big in the 2nd half. I remember playing Elder in the 2003 state title game and seeing the old Fawcett being 3 quarters full of Purple and White. Ed's is no slouch when it comes to travel but nothing like that was.

Excited for this game on Friday. Massillon is good and I expect the atmosphere to be raucous. Very few nights do you still something like that.

We're in very good position to win this game against St. EDs, especially at home in front of a electric home crowd...Hoping that we come out early and execute at a high level, no mishaps where we end up in a deficit. We've got some elite players at the skill positions and if we can get a rhythm on offense early we can be tough for anyone to deal with and I hope that is on full display Friday night...Hopefully we can hold our own up front along the LOS, our coaches put our players in the best position possible and everything else will take care of itself. Go Tigers, beat Eds

Talent , size , coaching are all in favor of the eagles….. defense hopefully can make some stops and limit the turnovers. Elder might have been the best thing minus qb1 getting banged up.

get a lead and let our Oline grind out yards and a win.

looking forward to Fri night!

Talent , size , coaching are all in favor of the eagles….. defense hopefully can make some stops and limit the turnovers. Elder might have been the best thing minus qb1 getting banged up.

Yep, just like in 2022.🤔

Massillon will dominate. Thats right, Massillon will dominate. St. Eds is very complacent. The scare with Archbishop Elder didnt wake them up. St.Eds won but they are now playing Massillon, and the Tigers dont give up you all. They are very very great. Massillon by 16.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
That’s not entirely true.🤔
I’ll gladly take another close loss of it means another state title ……… because winning at the end of the year means more , you Massillon folks wouldn’t know about that.
Only a trolling fan, posting these emojis, supports a school that has a total playoff record of 3-11. Most people would be embarrassed.

I'd say that you're probably right across the board and I'd say that would be true for any team in the State of Ohio that Eds would or could potentially face. Fortunately, games aren't decided that way and we'll get our shot to slay Goliath once again on our field, in front of our legendary fans, and at our legendary stadium...Hopefully our undersized and untalented Tigers will at least show up and keep the score respectable against St Eds

Massillon is not ranked high enough in the Yappi football poll. There rival Canton McKinley is a top 10 team in the state in the poll.

Massillon 28 St Ed's 20

Fake titles? Please list the games you actually attended back in that era that convinced you about fake titles???? There have been elders on here saying they remember Massillon playing the best teams in the state during that time and that earned those State Titles. But since you also attended some guys please give stats that back up your statement.
This may seem morbid but I doubt there are many still around who can give a coherent account of 1960's HSFB.

Jealous of what exactly? My school is located in a booming metropolis with a frickers, an el rancho grande, a mall with a burlington coat factory, and a few exits south of some of the best nightlife in all of the midwest.
Explain how Bishop Fenwick is in Springfield, but has a Franklin address? Hence, Franklin Bishop Fenwick.

If I say so …… head coach with 5 titles , more div 1 offers, and the biggest Oline in the state. Is just facts you Massillon folk can pound your chest with your fake titles from 75 yrs ago no one cares about or actually win one and silence the critics until then there’s really no debate.

I’m sure you’d take a loss or 2 or 3 in the reg season to finally win one.
The OHSAA would disagree with your evaluation of a record, you have to attempt to destroy, because you'll never equal it!; https://www.ohsaa.org/sports/football/history

The most respected analytical site would disagree who's the favorite / higher ranked team!: http://www.fantastic50.net/team01624.html

Sep 15 (W5) H #5 St Edward (4-0 D1 R1), pick: W by 2 (55%)

Ed's got their wake up call last week. The only way the game is close is if the Tigers can stop the run. That is a huge undertaking with that Eagles O Line.

Thanks for sharing. What an incredible atmosphere. I heard the announcers say WGH was averaging 50+ point per game and beat Moeller 55-0.

Who did Harding lose to in the playoffs? Ignatius? I think Ignatius (who Elder also beat) defeated X in the state championship that year but I could have my years wrong.

Yeah WGH lost in the 3rd round to Iggy 40-33. Harding was up 21-7 in the 1st quarter. SMH.

Two weeks later, Iggy pounded X 37-6 at state.

You are wrong on both accounts. My point is how you can comment on things from another school’s accomplishments, when you don’t even know where your school is located?
Middletown annexed a portion of the City of Franklin to get the Towne Mall years ago. City of Middletown is one of four cities that make up Franklin Township. While Fenwick is in Franklin Township it isn't located in the City of Franklin. As everyone knows, the City of Middletown is a bastion of society in the Midwest.

Now you can keep calling me a "troll" and challenging me on the geography of the area located around the State route 122 exit off of I-75 for literally no reason at all or you can discuss the football game this thread is about. I personally would like to hear about Massillon's run defense, but I'll let you decide if you want to talk football or keep getting "trolled."

Middletown annexed a portion of the City of Franklin to get the Towne Mall years ago. City of Middletown is one of four cities that make up Franklin Township. While Fenwick is in Franklin Township it isn't located in the City of Franklin. As everyone knows, the City of Middletown is a bastion of society in the Midwest.

Now you can keep calling me a "troll" and challenging me on the geography of the area located around the State route 122 exit off of I-75 for literally no reason at all or you can discuss the football game this thread is about. I personally would like to hear about Massillon's run defense, but I'll let you decide if you want to talk football or keep getting "trolled."
But I mean you have a frickers. That’s awesome. I want to here more about that.

So, you are telling me that FHS is located in the City of Middletown and Franklin Township? 🤔. If you want to discuss that issue in more detail, PM me.

I agree this thread should be left to discuss the Massillon-St. Edward game.👍

Great sports bar all around. The draft beer is generally a bit warm but you get used to it after 1-2. If you get a super tube it's a non-issue because those things are cold. The menu is superb, they do things with buffalo chicken I didn't even realize you could - check it out for yourself. The only issue is it's tough to determine what to order, which is great if you stay there all day and have multiple meals. Sauces are exquisite, made in house by head chef Eddie O'Reilly. Only advice here is go up a level with the sauce, if you typically get medium go hot, if you typically get hot go with little kicker.

The staff is extremely friendly and while there is a bit of turnover they're not afraid to give second chances to crowd favorites. The ambiance is exactly what you need on a high school football friday, or a college football saturday. Great TV set up. It's not like Buffalo Wild Wings where they have a 5 tall beer limit even if you aren't driving. The regulars are very welcoming unless you don't deserve it. Most regulars are very well versed in high school football. They have scratch offs and keno for all your quick gambling needs.
It just doesn’t get any better than that.

So, you are telling me that FHS is located in the City of Middletown and Franklin Township? 🤔. If you want to discuss that issue in more detail, PM me.

I agree this thread should be left to discuss the Massillon-St. Edward game.👍
They don’t like the truth it hurts some times clearly.

But is there a frickers in Lakewood or do they even have an el rancho? If not, you don’t have a chance on Friday night.

But is there a frickers in Lakewood or do they even have an el rancho? If not, you don’t have a chance on Friday night.
Neither area has a Frickers or an El Rancho. It doesn't mean much on the field, but the gameday experience is much better in areas where you can attend a Frickers/El Rancho before or after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.