Lakewood St. Edward (4-0) at Massillon Washington (4-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol A lot but its not worth discussing because you guys beat the two time defending state champ in Division 1 with a physical performance. Thats what matters
There has literally been nothing wrong said about privates having a clear advantage. That is not opinion it is fact. Written in to the rules. Fact. Also, we can have this convo and also enjoy the win. You don’t think we are. We beat them and it was never a doubt. Not even when they scored at the end it was too late. It’s just more impressive when you have a better roster on paper every year and we are winning recently. What Massillon is doing is over achieving under the circumstances. I also would like to point out what changed since the last state title Massillon had to now. Private schools, it’s not a correlation it’s a causation.

recently, not 40 years ago. Earle Bruce? Paul Brown? I meant just before Moore arrived.
Jason Hall 57-25 in 7 years, final 4 in 09’, struggled to beat mck and in playoff games but overall above average.
Before Hall
Tom Stacy 26-11 in 3 years, played in the title game in 05’, overall above average.

So as I said before Tyrell Hoban was just another private school in Akron while Massillon was still Massillon.

Stop while you only look like a fool. You should have based your posting on a objective review of the facts.

You can't refute the facts, so post a lie. LIAR

Notre Dame and Oklahoma's success in the poll era hasn't been replicated, in the playoff era, try and invalidate Rockne and Wilkinson, genius!
You are a Go Horns but also f you because youre a bad fan

St Ed on the other hand got a 4 star ND commit to move from Texas 😂 so yes it’s not the same
This is where the absurdity of the public/private debate jumps the shark. Do you really believe St Edward had any idea who Logan Thomas was before he inquired about transferring? Well if so, I'd like you to help St. Edward get into Florida, Alabama, Georgia and Louisiana and get a whole host of athletes to improve our program.
The reality is Thomas and his brother were moving to NE Ohio based on a family relocation. Logan Thomas is headed to Notre Dame, a Brothers of the Hoy Cross Institution. Guess what High School (other than Hoban) is a Brother's of the Holy Cross Institution in NE Ohio? Yes, St Edward. I'll admit the fact that St Edward was a 2X D1 back to back state champion likely made his choice easier, but he could have picked any school, so the reality is St Edward totally lucked out to get him. And for the record, I'm told Logan and his brother absolutely love the school and the program. Again, I know you won't believe me, but I'd like you to re-think your claim that " St Ed on the other had got a 4 star ND commit to move from Texas" Do you really believe St Ed has the money and influence to do that? If so, why isn't Owens playing at St Edward? He beat us like a drum! We sure would have liked him running behind our line! And we'd like about 10 other great players from Massillon who are also outstanding! 😂

This is where the absurdity of the public/private debate jumps the shark. Do you really believe St Edward had any idea who Logan Thomas was before he inquired about transferring? Well if so, I'd like you to help St. Edward get into Florida, Alabama, Georgia and Louisiana and get a whole host of athletes to improve our program.
The reality is Thomas and his brother were moving to NE Ohio based on a family relocation. Logan Thomas is headed to Notre Dame, a Brothers of the Hoy Cross Institution. Guess what High School (other than Hoban) is a Brother's of the Holy Cross Institution in NE Ohio? Yes, St Edward. I'll admit the fact that St Edward was a 2X D1 back to back state champion likely made his choice easier, but he could have picked any school, so the reality is St Edward totally lucked out to get him. And for the record, I'm told Logan and his brother absolutely love the school and the program. Again, I know you won't believe me, but I'd like you to re-think your claim that " St Ed on the other had got a 4 star ND commit to move from Texas" Do you really believe St Ed has the money and influence to do that? If so, why isn't Owens playing at St Edward? He beat us like a drum! We sure would have liked him running behind our line! And we'd like about 10 other great players from Massillon who are also outstanding! 😂
Lol I’m sorry I didn’t mean to word it in a way that made it seem like I thought St Ed recruited him out of Texas. My point was that when people equate the transfers Massillon gets to a lot of the private schools it’s just false. I.e. Owens came in with zero offers while y’all had a 4 star freak show who’s headed to ND come in.

Jason Hall 57-25 in 7 years, final 4 in 09’, struggled to beat mck and in playoff games but overall above average.
Before Hall
Tom Stacy 26-11 in 3 years, played in the title game in 05’, overall above average.

So as I said before Tyrell Hoban was just another private school in Akron while Massillon was still Massillon.
Hoban was 92-58 from 2000-2013 making the playoffs 8 times with 2 regional championships prior to TT arrival. They have had an above average winning percentage since the mid 80's. And Massillon was still Massillon with Zero championships won during the playoff era.

You know your way around this website enough to know exactly what you were doing by coming in and invoking 1990s Iggy and Hoban after last night's game. Quit pretending that your intentions were anything but.

I’m sorry you and others can’t handle someone making obvious comparisons to the past. But sure it’s everyone else’s fault for even bringing such things up. We can’t trust Massillonians to react in a mature manner, therefore we must all avoid any comments that lack outright praise.

And another.

Crusaders.png

Jeezus, you a-holes are everywhere.

Hoban was 92-58 from 2000-2013 making the playoffs 8 times with 2 regional championships prior to TT arrival. They have had an above average winning percentage since the mid 80's. And Massillon was still Massillon with Zero championships won during the playoff era.
Yep Massillon was still Massillon with the most titles and wins in the state !
Keep that obsession coming !!!

Nah. The forum went from completely dead to year round activity. It took a few years but it’s doing alright now
Why did you decide to start your anti-Massillon diatribe after the St. Edward-Massillon game? Before that not a peep for months, months, months, etc? Isn’t that a little suspicious?

Lol I’m sorry I didn’t mean to word it in a way that made it seem like I thought St Ed recruited him out of Texas. My point was that when people equate the transfers Massillon gets to a lot of the private schools it’s just false. I.e. Owens came in with zero offers while y’all had a 4 star freak show who’s headed to ND come in.
I agree. In my view Owens made a great choice to go to Massillon. It was his choice. And dare I say it was a smart choice. Massillon is a great program with a great history. And a great school. Who wouldn't want to play at PBS vs some smaller venue? (Except if you can go to St Edward!😁) We can all go back and forth on this public vs. private debate, but at the end of the day, it's the individual choice of the student and his or her family that must be respected.

Why did you decide to start your anti-Massillon diatribe after the St. Edward-Massillon game? Before that not a peep for months, months, months, etc? Isn’t that a little suspicious?

What anti-Massillon diatribe? Stating they’ll likely get beat by Hoban again after someone said they’ll root for them to win state? Cry me a river

we must all avoid any comments that lack outright praise.

no
What anti-Massillon diatribe? Stating they’ll likely get beat by Hoban again after someone said they’ll root for them to win state? Cry me a river
But when someone DID "praise" us, you immediately played the dbag card. Of course for you....par for the course.

When you stop referring to them as championships, I'll give it a rest. Because it's clear to everyone that they are not
Who the h*** are you? Everyone, not true, just only to the jealous fools like you. Continue to enjoy your one, fake D-4 state football title. Plus, post your idiotic comments on Glenville threads. However, not many posters care about the Tarblooders

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.