Josh Hamilton Relapse

JoeMontana

Cooling Off
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/...ed-josh-hamilton-has-alcohol-related-relapse/

I'll be the first to predict he does not show for spring training. A relapse like this likely means a toke or 2 from the crack pipe is next. This can get out of hand for him in a couple days. Now I understand why the Reds traded him.

So sad. You look at his domination...one could only imagine what he could have accomplished had he not destroyed his body and stunted his baseball growth...

Plus, it seems like all those tats would make it painful to swing...

He's relapsed once before and his drug test came back clean. It's scary though. He really needs to be babysat and I hope it's nothing more serious than a beer or two. Addiction is scary.

At the same time, I was all for the trade. It sucks that Volquez sucks, but you could never really count on Hamilton. I hope everything works out for him though.

He's relapsed once before and his drug test came back clean. It's scary though. He really needs to be babysat and I hope it's nothing more serious than a beer or two. Addiction is scary.

At the same time, I was all for the trade. It sucks that Volquez sucks, but you could never really count on Hamilton. I hope everything works out for him though.

Well put and I wish him the best as well.

Maybe he can get addicted again and then make a comeback and we can all pretend like he's some kind of hero

I would never root for someone to destroy their life and the lives of those around him.

I think he was making a statement regarding the media and what "we" consider great and heroic...not a "rooting" for Josh to go back to the rock...

Last edited:
Maybe he can get addicted again and then make a comeback and we can all pretend like he's some kind of hero

I think Chris Rock or somebody did a bit like that. People treat the guy who makes mistakes then turns his life around like he's a "hero", but the guy who did the right thing his whole life is a piece of sh1t :laugh: