Jefferson out of the NE8 starting 2023.

I’m not a Struthers guy so I don’t really care but you’re both right. Kid was tossed for throwing punches at a basketball game and he wasn’t playing for Struthers orUrsuline for that matter. Just saying maybe the loyalty doesn’t go both ways.
Of course it doesn’t, we’re talking about a kid who went to Ursuline already and came back. Granted I don’t believe it was his decision and completely the decision of his stepfather but still. And that’s what local teams have to worry about with playing young kids. Say this kid turns out to be a stud this season what stops him from going back To Ursuline his junior year?

Of course it doesn’t, we’re talking about a kid who went to Ursuline already and came back. Granted I don’t believe it was his decision and completely the decision of his stepfather but still. And that’s what local teams have to worry about with playing young kids. Say this kid turns out to be a stud this season what stops him from going back To Ursuline his junior year?
I think that Struthers is safe. The kid isn't going anywhere. He is good. Bayuk will make sure he keeps this 9th grade, upcoming 10th grade class intact.

This is terrible on all levels
The point of 6 team leagues is not to get locked into a terrible conference. With 5 OOC you plan and schedule to what you see coming up in the lower classes. If you got some low numbers coming up you can schedule accordingly. We were talking on past subject lines on why Canfield did not play this team or that team when they were in the AAC when the program was up or when it was down. If Lakeview played 5 teams in the MVAC or smaller schools prior to conference play they could come in at 3-2 or 4-1 and take a game or 2 in conference play and they finish 5-5 or 6-4. Instead they finish 2-8 or worse.

He can go to other schools, but not Ursuline, it was in his eligibility meeting or he would have to sit

The point of 6 team leagues is not to get locked into a terrible conference. With 5 OOC you plan and schedule to what you see coming up in the lower classes. If you got some low numbers coming up you can schedule accordingly. We were talking on past subject lines on why Canfield did not play this team or that team when they were in the AAC when the program was up or when it was down. If Lakeview played 5 teams in the MVAC or smaller schools prior to conference play they could come in at 3-2 or 4-1 and take a game or 2 in conference play and they finish 5-5 or 6-4. Instead they finish 2-8 or worse.
If your ideal conference sits the bottom team at 5-5 the conference just isn't very good. Each conference needs the bottom level and top level teams, nobody in their right mind would want to sign up for 5 highly competitive games guaranteed every season before jumping into the playoffs and having the potential to have 6 more of those types of games in the playoffs. Plus what do you schedule out of conference? Terrible teams? What good is that?

If your ideal conference sits the bottom team at 5-5 the conference just isn't very good. Each conference needs the bottom level and top level teams, nobody in their right mind would want to sign up for 5 highly competitive games guaranteed every season before jumping into the playoffs and having the potential to have 6 more of those types of games in the playoffs. Plus what do you schedule out of conference? Terrible teams? What good is that?
It’s 1970 thinking

The Fed has 6 highly competive conference games every season. It makes you ready for those playoffs, if you are a program that believes they are state champion material. Other schools cherry pick their conference and OOC so they go 9-1 or 8-2 every year and end up the early exit from the playoffs. But let's be honest how many teams in the area really are state champ material every year. If you are supposed to have bottom level and top level teams, why not choose Canfield over Howland to replace Jefferson? Or since Jefferson was a bottom level shouldn't a bottom level team like Minerva be picked?

NE8 boys enrollments with a + or - compared to their previous count:

Niles: 253 (-57)
Hubbard: 248 (-8)
Jefferson: 228 (+40)
Poland: 216 (-24)
Struthers: 209 (-9)
Girard: 206 (-21)
Lakeview: 191 (-40)
South Range: 159 (+3)

Just from glancing, Hubbard and Niles will be bubble D3-D4 depending on the cutoff and the CB numbers. Jefferson will be up to D4. Lakeview will be down to D5. SR will be bubble D5-D6. Poland, Struthers, Girard all should stay D4.

Others of interest:

Howland: 334 (+4)
Canfield: 314 (-7)
Salem: 235 (-8)
West Branch: 230 (-21)

Just from glancing, Hubbard and Niles will be bubble D3-D4 depending on the cutoff and the CB numbers. Jefferson will be up to D4. Lakeview will be down to D5. SR will be bubble D5-D6. Poland, Struthers, Girard all should stay D4.

Others of interest:

Thank you, I like numbers.

Again, what was posted was not the numbers that the OHSAA uses for their enrollment count. The number posted previously was the amount of boys in grades 9-12 at salem high school (as on the Ohio DOE website)- all other schools used the same count, it was just to get an idea of the student population, not a predictor of OHSAA enrollment numbers. The numbers the ohsaa uses is grades 9-11, which isn’t available using the DOE numbers since they don’t give you the split of boys/girls for each grade.

Again, what was posted was not the numbers that the OHSAA uses for their enrollment count. The number posted previously was the amount of boys in grades 9-12 at salem high school (as on the Ohio DOE website)- all other schools used the same count, it was just to get an idea of the student population, not a predictor of OHSAA enrollment numbers. The numbers the ohsaa uses is grades 9-11, which isn’t available using the DOE numbers since they don’t give you the split of boys/girls for each grade.
The Salem number was way off compared to all other schools. Most were around 20-30 difference, Salem was over 100.

The Salem number was way off compared to all other schools. Most were around 20-30 difference, Salem was over 100.
Way off of what? None of them were supposed to be representative of their OHSAA enrollment numbers or a guess at them, just the number of boys in their Department of Education headcount for this school year in grades 9-12. Odds are their current senior class was large and a high percentage of male's. But there was nothing wrong, Salem high school this school year has 340 boys in grades 9-12

Others of interest:

Wow, that is a big drop for Niles. Those numbers would make Howland the only D3 school in the league. Interesting that the size difference between Howland and Warren is not too different than the difference between Howland and SR.

Wow, that is a big drop for Niles. Those numbers would make Howland the only D3 school in the league. Interesting that the size difference between Howland and Warren is not too different than the difference between Howland and SR.
Where are they all going? Niles is looking more rough by the year in their city, but the surrounding schools arnt much better of an option other then Howland

It's been awhile, but is there any news about any teams joining the NE-8 to replace Jefferson?
Very quiet, I’m sure that has to do with Jefferson being a member for another year. I’m curious to see if Jefferson plays any NE8 schools non conference going forward

Very quiet, I’m sure that has to do with Jefferson being a member for another year. I’m curious to see if Jefferson plays any NE8 schools non conference going forward
I know Howland is the safe bet but could you imagine the ripple effects if they picked Salem or West Branch or both? Howland, Alliance, Canfield and maybe a Marlington all will be looking for somewhere to go.

I know Howland is the safe bet but could you imagine the ripple effects if they picked Salem or West Branch or both? Howland, Alliance, Canfield and maybe a Marlington all will be looking for somewhere to go.
I spoke to someone on the soccer staff today and he said that Howland is not interested. Also, was told that Canfield is seeking a move to the conference with Marlington, Alliance, etc. Good move IMO.