Jackson Football 2010

polarkid7

What are everyone's thoughts/opinions/expectations for the Bears next season? I think we might have quite a few juniors starting next year.

As far as I know our schedule will still consist of Copley and Hudson OOC with the addition of Akron East(?) for one year until a home/home with Green starts in '11.

GO BEARS

That schedule is correct. We brought Akron East in as a placeholder before getting Green in 2011. I get the feeling that our AD won't have to worry about our schedule too much for the next few years. Until we get our strength up to a "let's play the really big dogs" level (a la Solon) - those three teams seem to be a good fit & they obviously feel comfortable w/us.

Anything short of one win will be a major dissapointment. I hear we have a pretty good freshman QB which may mean Merril will move to receiver or RB.

Hold your Horses

Anything short of one win will be a major dissapointment. I hear we have a pretty good freshman QB which may mean Merril will move to receiver or RB.

No what it means is he was a good Freshman QB who was getting JV experience do to injury. Alot of things can happen between now and then so just slow your roll. We haven't even had the banquet yet and your moving Cooper to RB or Receiver. I think we should let the coach make those decisions as far as positions go. This I can tell you without going out on a limb. The linemen will be will be bigger next season & the attitude of the players we be Nastier thanks to Hoover & a score 45-7!!!

And yes we will win more than one game. Hit the books and have a healthy off-season. The Weight Room is calling and from what I hear there are alot of players answering the call already. Get strong and Bring the Pain!!!

No what it means is he was a good Freshman QB who was getting JV experience do to injury. Alot of things can happen between now and then so just slow your roll. We haven't even had the banquet yet and your moving Cooper to RB or Receiver. I think we should let the coach make those decisions as far as positions go. This I can tell you without going out on a limb. The linemen will be will be bigger next season & the attitude of the players we be Nastier thanks to Hoover & a score 45-7!!!

And yes we will win more than one game. Hit the books and have a healthy off-season. The Weight Room is calling and from what I hear there are alot of players answering the call already. Get strong and Bring the Pain!!!

This is just what I have heard from Jackson insiders. Either one at QB is fine since Merrill showed some great promise in the games he was in.

What I am more concerned with is the student section regaining it's swagger back. I want to hear more rich chants, your parents work for our parents, wash our lexus, the wheels on your house go round and round etc.

Throw this sportsmanship out the window. It's high school. Let the kids have fun. This is what they do. We get the you wear puprle chants, we slam everyone else for being poor. It' s how things work. Let's bring that back.

Yes?

I do not understand people looking for the student sections to throw sportsmanship out the window after our AD filed a complaint about another school having a banner posted that said bury the bears. Are we talking double standards here.

I hope you are right about the attitude...I heard some players are thinking of not returning next year. Let's hope not..Jackson will rebuild

Your attitude is exactly why you lose your best athlete's to other schools. If you think you are better than most of the population in surrounding area, it sure does not show on the feild.

Easy there buddy, you sound like the type of guy who still wears his letterman's jacket around town well into your 40's. My argument is that it is harmless high school fun. The world has become too PC. That includes our own AD (I don't approve of what he did-but trust me, Jackson has had there fair share of complaints leveled at our student section over the years from other school's AD's.)

School's are slowyl losing their identity. For Jackson, we will always be known as the rich kids that think they are better then everyone else. I love it, and you should to. Why? Because we need good guys and bad guys in sports, it's what helps make sports more exciting. If you take it that seriously than you need to re-examine your life.

As far as losing athletes, I think you may be refrencing football. Realisitically, our football program was never a powerhouse and never will be. We will always lose athletes to schools from around the county. It's the nature of the area and northeast ohio football. However, our basketball program is top notch and our other athletic programs are doing alright as well.

Let's get back some competative spirit-from every school not just Jackson.

For those that are not returning there are many that are coming out. Everyone loses sight of the classes. Right now you have a small Jr. class, large So. class, and a nice mix w/ Freshman. From what I have seen this season the future FL looks like this minus the unknown:

GO: Good mix w/ Dunn @ RB thru 2012
Hoover: No size and No #5
Boardman: Has size & a servicable QB
Austintown: 50/50 team
Lake: Always scrappy
McKinley: Talented athletes but dirty play is unnecessary e.g. Spearing & Leg Twisting. They have been doing it all season.
Perry: Riddle
Jackson: Lot of upside and no need to say they will suprise people. Alot more experience for the player on all levels and it will show next season.

who from Jackson has done anything after High School in any Sport? Look at the list above all have had Pro players except Jackson. and I'm not talking a sport nobody has ever heard of or most schools have no team. Being one of largest schools in the state thousands of kids in the last 10 years. and there is No one.

ringring are you secretly Buddy Garrity? I haven't made up my mind yet.
friday-night-lights1005-69.jpg

I don't know what you are trying to prove with your argument . I will concede that our school hasn't had a big name make it to the pro's. But does that really matter? To you even?

I like your spirit though, this is the type of attitude I want back in high school sports so keep it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that are not returning there are many that are coming out. Everyone loses sight of the classes. Right now you have a small Jr. class, large So. class, and a nice mix w/ Freshman. From what I have seen this season the future FL looks like this minus the unknown:

GO: Good mix w/ Dunn @ RB thru 2012
Hoover: No size and No #5
Boardman: Has size & a servicable QB
Austintown: 50/50 team
Lake: Always scrappy
McKinley: Talented athletes but dirty play is unnecessary e.g. Spearing & Leg Twisting. They have been doing it all season.
Perry: Riddle
Jackson: Lot of upside and no need to say they will suprise people. Alot more experience for the player on all levels and it will show next season.

I agree with your breakdown Darksider. I really like Jackson to surprise some teams next year. I know there is no direction to go but up, however I was really impressed with Balderson's offense and the way the kids played for him down the stretch. Anyone who watched those games knows the kids played hard. I think the youth movement is on at Jackson and they should be an exciting team to watch next year. It will be interesting to see how the QB situation plays out.

Boom Outta Here

Does this one count.

who from Jackson has done anything after High School in any Sport? Look at the list above all have had Pro players except Jackson. and I'm not talking a sport nobody has ever heard of or most schools have no team. Being one of largest schools in the state thousands of kids in the last 10 years. and there is No one.

Nottingham Baseball drafted by Seatle. Then made his way back to Ohio.

Your attitude is exactly why you lose your best athlete's to other schools. If you think you are better than most of the population in surrounding area, it sure does not show on the feild.

Although you have your favorite school listed as Jackson, the above (and other posts) implies you are from elsewhere. So here's my take:

1. If you're not from Jackson, then can I suggest you just leave us to discuss our own stuff? Not sure why our (actual Jacksonsites) discussion w/i a Jackson forum would concern you so much. :shrug:

2. And if you are from Jackson, what are you doing to help encourage success here in the JLSD? Taking shots like this probably won't help much.

Being from Jackson it does not surprise me that you think you own a public forum! But when I see kids leave Jackson because of politics and go on to star or be a significate part of other schools athletic programs, then read about a 0-10 record and the blame being thrown everywhere except where it should be. Sorry if the Truth hurts but I have to respond. Why would a Parent leave their home vacant and move,so their son would be treated fair?maybe the best athlete in his class. This is not a shot, but when Jackson changes siturations like this then changes on the feild will follow.

The kid you are talking about left Jackson because he was recruited by Massillon just like many other kids from other districts have been over the years. There was politics involved alright but go blame Massillon and his Dad for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being from Jackson it does not surprise me that you think you own a public forum!

I'm going to let this pass pretty easily, because you are new. First off, I'm a moderator, so it's my job to keep threads on topic. Your comments, especially the potshots you are taking, are only creating tension and directing the thread down a slippery slope. I have, in the past, done the same thing numerous times - notably in the Perry & Hoover forums, so it doesn't just apply to Jackson. Secondly, you have no idea how I feel about what you just said - I absolutely DETEST the "we're better than you" attitude some Jacksonsites have.

-------

To ALL in here: Please stop with the personal attacks - you guys know that's against yappi rules.

Where did you read, that I said any thing about the better than you attitude other than critisize the statement.

See below:

Being from Jackson it does not surprise me that you think you own a public forum!

That certainly sounds like you thought I had a "better than you" attitude. If that's not what you meant, then my bad, I suppose. Regardless, it still comes off as soundling like I think I'm somehow superior, because I live in Jackson.

Hopefully that clears that up, so we can get back to discussing 2010 Jackson football. Any further discussion off-topic between you and I, I'd appreciate in PM form, so we don't continue to misdirect this thread.

Please STOP... It is time that most adults watching sports, whether it is Jackson, Massillon or Hoover.. enjoy the sport for what it is, a HS sport. Stop thinking about what is best for you or your kid or how they got slighted in some way and start thinking about what is best for the program and the community at large. Step back and enjoy it instead of fuming over it all. Yikes!!! Lets get back on topic, Jackson Football and supporting the team and program.