Inflation and Shrinkflation

Fatman

I went through McDonald Drive Thru to pickup a 10 piece chicken McNuggets. I thought, what the heck. I will add a pop/soda/soft drink to my order. Didn't bother to check the drive thru screen as " heck", it was a small order and all I did was add a dollar pop/soda/soft drink to my order. DANG, was I surprised to see that I was charged $1.69 for the drink that cost me a $1.00 last year. Dang! That was one hell of a jump.

What eye popping inflation and/or shrinkflation examples have you noticed since Bidenomics kicked in?

Prices remain the same or rise as manufacturers fiddle with packaging.

Bottle of Gatorade. 32oz - 28oz.

Boxes of cereal are much smaller.

Kleenex, 65 count is now 60 count.

Yogurt, 5.3 oz is now 4.5 oz.

Cottonelle Toilet Paper, 340 sheets to 312 sheets.

Folders coffee 51 ounce container to 43.5 ounce.

Party size Fritos 15 ounce to 13.5 ounce and I can't recall how much the price increased.

Pepsi dropped the 32 ounce bottle to 28 ounce and raised the price.

Earth’s Best Organic Sunny Day Snack Bars went from eight bars per box to seven and the price remained the same.

I suppose that now inflation "is under control" pricing and packaging will go back to the way it was.

Last edited:

I went through McDonald Drive Thru to pickup a 10 piece chicken McNuggets. I thought, what the heck. I will add a pop/soda/soft drink to my order. Didn't bother to check the drive thru screen as " heck", it was a small order and all I did was add a dollar pop/soda/soft drink to my order. DANG, was I surprised to see that I was charged $1.69 for the drink that cost me a $1.00 last year. Dang! That was one hell of a jump.

What eye popping inflation and/or shrinkflation examples have you noticed since Bidenomics kicked in?

Prices remain the same or rise as manufacturers fiddle with packaging.

Bottle of Gatorade. 32oz - 28oz.

Boxes of cereal are much smaller.

Kleenex, 65 count is now 60 count.

Yogurt, 5.3 oz is now 4.5 oz.

Cottonelle Toilet Paper, 340 sheets to 312 sheets.

Folders coffee 51 ounce container to 43.5 ounce.

Party size Fritos 15 ounce to 13.5 ounce and I can't recall how much the price increased.

Pepsi dropped the 32 ounce bottle to 28 ounce and raised the price.

Earth’s Best Organic Sunny Day Snack Bars went from eight bars per box to seven and the price remained the same.

I suppose that now inflation "is under control" pricing and packaging will go back to the way it was.
When you continue to move up minimum wage ( who actually gets paid minimum) it has a trickle up affect. Also, due to poor work ethic, most company's are doing more with less people and in order to keep people, you have to continually raise wages. Guess where that shows up for the consumer?? Higher prices on everything, and largely we keep paying it.

I continually keep saying many Americans don't have an earning problem, they have a spending problem.