Hoban '23

They should just put Cook at QB and add QB run game with current offense. Should have used Crable the same way. They never let him run the ball which was his strongest aspect.
Crable had numerous opportunities to run the ball and never was good at it. But you could still be right that it was his strongest aspect.

Hamm was very good at running. Tough as nails.

'26 Elbert Hill DB just got offered by Michigan.

For those keeping track that's 5 players who hold Michigan offers: '24 William Satterwhite OG, '24 Tysen Campbell DB, '26 Sam Greer OT, '26 Ace Cook WR, and Hill.

I think they can but every time they face one of these out-of-state teams its sometimes a blowout they don't want to face another bergen catholic
their schedule is

week 1 Fredrick Douglas (KY)
week 2 Cathedral Prep (PA)
week 3 trinity Episcopal(VA)
week 4 Akron east
week 5 st ignatius
week 6 linton stockton(IN)
week 7 walsh jesuit
week 8 Glenvile
week 9 st. francis(NY)
week 10 St eds
Linton-Stockton??? Indiana, good god, they are 2A!
Hoban will beat them by 8 TD's. Pick a number to hang on them.
Seriously, Knights Frosh would compete w LS varsity team! FACT.
Crappy Mooney would crush LS!

Linton-Stockton??? Indiana, good god, they are 2A!
Hoban will beat them by 8 TD's. Pick a number to hang on them.
Seriously, Knights Frosh would compete w LS varsity team! FACT.
Crappy Mooney would crush LS!
I agree 100% and I am a Hoban supporter. Cudos to Akron East & Glenville for agreeing to play along with the 3 privates. Knights have to travel out of state to find other teams to fill out the schedule.

I live about 40 minutes from Linton in Indiana. They’re barely 2A and a tiny school that competes very well here in basketball and football in the SMALLEST classes. I wouldn’t be surprised if this game doesn’t get canceled when some adults come to their senses. Pretty sure their best teams in the past would struggle mightily against a normal Marion Local team. That being said, they’re not playing Center Grove, Cathedral, Carmel, Ben Davis or Warren Central here in Indiana for a reason. I can only assume Hoban will bring a partial roster (Lots of JV) and even then it will get ugly fast.

In my honest opinion, there seems to be a revolving door for Hoban at Qb for some odd reason this will be there 4th qb in 4 years. I think Hoban is going to struggle and they really won't be the same Hoban Knights that we seen in the past.

In my honest opinion, there seems to be a revolving door for Hoban at Qb for some odd reason this will be there 4th qb in 4 years. I think Hoban is going to struggle and they really won't be the same Hoban Knights that we seen in the past.
Really? They have like 10+ P5 conference recruits across the board. Where do you see the weakness coming from?

This might be the most high end talent they’ve had during this run
they did in 2021 and 22 as well. but what does that mean if you have all the talent but can't accumulate a state championship win? Massillon Tigers MOST DEFINITELY understand what I am talking about. They were loaded from 2018 through 2020 and through that, they didn't win a damn thing but a fricking cold for those three years. Hoban is talented but they aren't a team they are just individuals who just play on the same team.

they did in 2021 and 22 as well. but what does that mean if you have all the talent but can't accumulate a state championship win? Massillon Tigers MOST DEFINITELY understand what I am talking about. They were loaded from 2018 through 2020 and through that, they didn't win a damn thing but a fricking cold for those three years. Hoban is talented but they aren't a team they are just individuals who just play on the same team.
Umm ok…

I wasnt aware they had an P5 kids in the last two graduating classes..... can you name one? The last two classes are their weakest classes in 10 years.

I wasnt aware they had an P5 kids in the last two graduating classes..... can you name one? The last two classes are their weakest classes in 10 years.
Looks like king.jd was just making stuff up to try to prove his point.

From the Class of 2023 (2022 Season) Hoban only had Lamar Sperling RB (Buffalo) and Jay Crable EDGE/TE (Ohio U) sign D1 FBS
From the Class of 2022 the Knights had Markim McKinnie RB (BGSU) and Charlie Durkin P/K (Kent State) sign D1 FBS.
I can't think of any others in those 2 classes.

Wow! Coming in strong. Welcome to Yappi. Looking forward to more of your posts.

The difference I see is this. The early Hoban teams of 2014-2018 (all state titles) had a completely different make up than they do today. Their teams and fan base were made up of a more diverse group of players and parents with traditional CYO, Suburban area and Akron City kids all coming together with 1 goal. These teams were also very hungry and were highly motivated. All of this success and exposure drew in more talent than before but with that came some of the individualism that was mentioned above. The old teams had maybe 1-2 Power 5 Kids but majority were FCS, D2 and a few Mid majors. Todays team has 10 or so FBS kids and a few of the others and very few traditional CYO players and families. Alot of talent and egos to manage at such a young age as most are offered as freshman and sophomores. Cudos to coach T in building a program with national recognition and providing an opportunity for so many to go to college for free and enjoy the college experience.

Anyone know some things about Hobans week 1 and 3 opponents and if they can compete with Hoban?
I watched Douglass a couple years ago, and they’ve got talent. I believe that class had a handful of d1 recruits. According to their website, they’ve got about a dozen kids with d1 offers on their roster-6 with p5. So talent wise and on paper seems like they can. Unfortunately I saw them against a tomato can that our small power schools would have dominated, so I didn’t get to see how well coached they are.

Douglass is a classic. Every time he makes it to states with transfers and D1 recruits (many of who transferred to his school). Then he gets beat because he can recruit, but can't coach he cries about the unfair system.

The difference I see is this. The early Hoban teams of 2014-2018 (all state titles) had a completely different make up than they do today. Their teams and fan base were made up of a more diverse group of players and parents with traditional CYO, Suburban area and Akron City kids all coming together with 1 goal. These teams were also very hungry and were highly motivated. All of this success and exposure drew in more talent than before but with that came some of the individualism that was mentioned above. The old teams had maybe 1-2 Power 5 Kids but majority were FCS, D2 and a few Mid majors. Todays team has 10 or so FBS kids and a few of the others and very few traditional CYO players and families. Alot of talent and egos to manage at such a young age as most are offered as freshman and sophomores. Cudos to coach T in building a program with national recognition and providing an opportunity for so many to go to college for free and enjoy the college experience.
thank you that’s all I was saying.

All I'm going to say is if Hoban doesn't win a state championship this year, they'll be on the decline recruitment-wise.

I agree, but a non championship run, could hurt, st Vincent st Mary,and Walsh are both back recruiting hard and to much of a slip up could open some cracks!
I do somewhat agree that 3 straight non championships by Hoban could have an impact now that St V and Walsh are actually trying to compete in football again. For about 5+ years there they seemed to have zero competition in their area for athletes and obviously were able to pluck some kids from out of their area.

I do somewhat agree that 3 straight non championships by Hoban could have an impact now that St V and Walsh are actually trying to compete in football again. For about 5+ years there they seemed to have zero competition in their area for athletes and obviously were able to pluck some kids from out of their area.
If that was true how do you explain Massillon still getting recruits after all these years? Must be the basketball and baseball championships that are carrying Hoban's programs currently.