Hmmm...A Look At Gilmour Academy's Roster, Playing For A State Championship

I went to the GA-Mathews football playoff game a while back. With the campus that GA has, I never understood why didn't have lights in their stadium (game was on a Saturday morning).
I thought I read on here that the reason Gilmour didnt have lights was due to some type of regulations about the area being some bird sanctuary or some stuff like that. And yes, Saturday day games in August/ September can be downright scorching. No shade from buildings or trees. Plus the hot turf
Does Hawken have lights?

I thought I read on here that the reason Gilmour didnt have lights was due to some type of regulations about the area being some bird sanctuary or some stuff like that. And yes, Saturday day games in August/ September can be downright scorching. No shade from buildings or trees. Plus the hot turf
Does Hawken have lights?
Hawken does have lights however, Hawken is on the Geauga County side of Gates Mills (technically Chesterland according to Google Maps)

If ASVSM isn’t bumped up to D1 then competitive balance is a waste of time for all the ADs that spend time inputting all the information.
I believe competitive balance only applied to football and is no longer in affect at all as it was challenged in court and removed.

Does Hawken have lights?

I would guess it might have been a city zoning thing more than anything else. If I recall correctly, their campus is somewhat in a residential area, where neighbors might have fought against a lighted stadium. I know it took John Carroll (my alma mater) years to get approval for lights in their football stadium because University Hts fought them for so long.

Hawken's upper campus is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

No. CB is still in effect for all ‘major’ sports, excluding track and field and cross country.
Thank you. I thought it had been tweaked since its inception because of a settlement of a lawsuit between the OHSAA and the Greater Catholic League in SW Ohio. I thought that the private schools are now allowed to designate "feeder schools" from which athletes still count as a 1/1 ratio, whereas athletes from outside those feeders count as 1.5/1 ( or something of that nature). I believe originally, all private school athletes counted as 1.5/1 and all public school athletes residing in their home school district counter 1/1. I understand it is the opinion of many that this substantially watered down the original intent of the competitive balance initiative.

I would guess it might have been a city zoning thing more than anything else. If I recall correctly, their campus is somewhat in a residential area, where neighbors might have fought against a lighted stadium. I know it took John Carroll (my alma mater) years to get approval for lights in their football stadium because University Hts fought them for so long.

Hawken's upper campus is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.
So is University School and no lights...no houses around the campus and stadium ( both football and soccer) are very secluded areas. Of course soccer ⚽️ is king at University School.

Radio Douche at his best, the editorial content on the link is just so detailed and really offers a lot of insight into the topic:

"Very interesting when you see all of the information. Does the competitive balance plan work all of the time?"

I wonder if the Columbia Journalism School is thinking about adding this in depth critical dissection of the topic into their class on Investigative Journalism?

Radio Douche at his best, the editorial content on the link is just so detailed and really offers a lot of insight into the topic:

"Very interesting when you see all of the information. Does the competitive balance plan work all of the time?"

I wonder if the Columbia Journalism School is thinking about adding this in depth critical dissection of the topic into their class on Investigative Journalism?
There are sportswriters on the high school newspaper beat write better articles.

Who wrote this crap?