GWOC -2021

I kind of doubt they can stop the big plays, but it's possible they can succeed at hogging the ball long enough to keep it close and very low scoring while limiting the opportunities for quick strikes. They seem to be a lot better this year, although last year they were pretty competitive in their league losses.

This week it is probably very important to strike first and put them in a position where their style results in them running the clock down on themselves and limiting their own opportunities for a comeback. Getting the ball first and scoring would be like gold.
I'm not worried. Northmont is terrible and Fairmont needed a late 4th qtr comeback to win that one. They might succeed in the TOP stats, but that's it.

It has nothing to do with them not being able to stop quick strike or last year. The thing is you can’t make mistakes and have to find a way to get them in 3rd and long and stay patient not jumping offsides.

last year Springfield only won by 6 and if memory serves correct Fairmont had the ball last inside the 40 just ran out of time.
Before the Northmont game last year, SHS wasn't playing to their potential generally. After Northmont, they did and were a totally different team.

It has nothing to do with them not being able to stop quick strike or last year. The thing is you can’t make mistakes and have to find a way to get them in 3rd and long and stay patient not jumping offsides.

last year Springfield only won by 6 and if memory serves correct Fairmont had the ball last inside the 40 just ran out of time.
Think Springfields go ahead score was off a fumbled punt inside the 20 with little time left. Fairmont had them on the ropes. Expect much of the same this year 17-14 fairmont. Springfield will have some penalties that will make the difference.

Think Springfields go ahead score was off a fumbled punt inside the 20 with little time left. Fairmont had them on the ropes. Expect much of the same this year 17-14 fairmont. Springfield will have some penalties that will make the difference.
Springfield will score more then 14 I guarantee that. Also Springfield never trailed in that game it was 27-7 and Fairmont came back

Springfield will score more then 14 I guarantee that. Also Springfield never trailed in that game it was 27-7 and Fairmont came back
Through the Northmont game last year, SHS wasn't putting teams away and was letting opponents hang around and nearly comeback. After they got burned in the Northmont game, that stopped. I really think it was just part of that pattern until they lost a game.

Fairmont will be able to hang in for awhile due to their style of play, but SHS has too much speed and big play ability that will allow them to pull away in the second half.
SHS - 28
FHS - 14

Updated standings
Springfield 5-0 (3-0) next up Boro
Centerville 5-1 (3-0) next up creek
Wayne 4-2 (2-1) next up Northmont
Springboro 3-2 (2-1) next up Springfield
Fairmont 4-2 (1-2) next up Miamisburg
Miamisburg 4-2 (1-2) next up Fairmont
Northmont 2-3 (0-3) next up wayne
Creek 0-6 (0-3) next up centerville

Looks like everyone but Beavercreek is in the playoffs and if the Harbins work out, Northmont could travel back to Springfield in week 11. All other playoff matchups depends on who wins tonight. Good luck!

Playoffs.... playoffs.... nah, the only thing that has happened is we have a week 11. Week 12 is the start of the playoffs but of course one has to win their week 11 games to make it. I guess this is the world we live in......

Playoffs.... playoffs.... nah, the only thing that has happened is we have a week 11. Week 12 is the start of the playoffs but of course one has to win their week 11 games to make it. I guess this is the world we live in......
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. They had it right 25 years ago when they went from 2 to 4 teams per region. That allowed in anybody who actually had a chance. Now, the whole first and most of the second-round games are nonsense (other than to raise money).
Before that, (with only 1, or 2 teams per region) there were several potential state champions who we'll never know about.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. They had it right 25 years ago when they went from 2 to 4 teams per region. That allowed in anybody who actually had a chance. Now, the whole first and most of the second-round games are nonsense (other than to raise money).
Before that, (with only 1, or 2 teams per region) there were several potential state champions who we'll never know about.

8 per region was the right number but they needed to go back to just 6 divisions. Wayne made it to the state title game as a 8th seed

8 per region was the right number but they needed to go back to just 6 divisions. Wayne made it to the state title game as a 8th seed
Also, 1999 was the first year they went to 8 teams per region. Wayne was the 5 seed when they upset the 1 seed in the regional and went to the state championship game. I don't like 16 teams because the top 3-4 seeds generally will have very easy, unchallenging games in the 1st round which is not what the playoffs are supposed to be about. And risk of injury in those games that would affect future games.

No reason Northmont should be playing another game...this was a stupid money grab adjustment...SHS by 40+ just like yesterday

Ohio is slowly going to the Indiana method and everyone makes the playoffs smh
For DI, you only have 18 in a region. I agree. At least in the other divisions, you have 25 or so. And if a smaller school that has to play all bigger schools, I like it. There have been a few Number 9 seeds in the past that had a shot at state.

For DI, you only have 18 in a region. I agree. At least in the other divisions, you have 25 or so. And if a smaller school that has to play all bigger schools, I like it. There have been a few Number 9 seeds in the past that had a shot at state.
But it’s also going to impact teams scheduling some of these bigger games. For instance Springfield could of said to heck with playing Ignatius and played a team from say mvl who is going to 5-5/6-4 get all them points and be fine with a 4th/5th seed

But it’s also going to impact teams scheduling some of these bigger games. For instance Springfield could of said to heck with playing Ignatius and played a team from say mvl who is going to 5-5/6-4 get all them points and be fine with a 4th/5th seed
Wow, I never thought of it like that. Maybe the OSHAA should go back to only 2 regions in DI or go back to 6 Divisions.

The other way to look at it though is that a school like Marion Local or St. I who may normally have trouble finding non-conference opponents (because no one wants an L) may find it easier to schedule those games.

Wow, I never thought of it like that. Maybe the OSHAA should go back to only 2 regions in DI or go back to 6 Divisions.
I honestly thought this was the best idea. I mean teams with 2-3 wins are making playoffs now. Beavercreek could of made it with just 1 win. Regular season means crap anymore

I honestly thought this was the best idea. I mean teams with 2-3 wins are making playoffs now. Beavercreek could of made it with just 1 win. Regular season means crap anymore
I think it's a DI problem. Either go back to two regions or regions where you have 26-28 teams.

GWOC is 1-5 in the playoffs against teams outside of the conference. Springfield is really good but overall a very down year for the league.