GMC 23-24

I mean, the refs could have called a foul on every possession, on both teams, so when they did call them, it was very inconsistent. Burgess was called for an intentional foul while grabbing a rebound with Sycamore up 4 and 2 min to go and it was a very bad call (although not as bad as the Kansas-TCU one if anyone saw that today), but, fortunately for Sycamore, LaSalle couldn't capitalize. Reach-in fouls, hand check fouls, and grabbing fouls were nonexistent tonight. As such, LaSalle only had 14 fouls and Sycamore only 6, but Sycamore had 20 turnovers and LaSalle had 14. Sycamore at least shot 50% and outrebounded LaSalle 28-11 and that was the difference.
Damn. So LaSalle got 14 Tackles in Tonight’s Game😂😂. Hard to Play Basketball being grabbed. Experienced Veteran Crew you think or Officials You seen before?

Damn. So LaSalle got 14 Tackles in Tonight’s Game😂😂. Hard to Play Basketball being grabbed. Experienced Veteran Crew you think or Officials You seen before?
I think it was a mix. The one guy I've definitely seen before was the one making all the calls. Other two guys seemed to defer to him.

Princeton not streaming home games is just ridiculous in 2024. Not even posting score updates unless I'm missing something

Lakota West might have figured some things out. Just annihilated Mason 68-38 tonight.
The revelation is if you stick your hands out, Mason will throw the ball right to them. 😆 That was pretty embarrassing; I’ve seen teams force passes but the Comets were on another level tonight.

West played really well- they were in total control from late in the first quarter on (Mason led 17-15 after one).

Hamilton beats Lakota East 54-48. Sycamore still in first at 6-1. Hamilton and Lakota West now tied for 2nd at 5-2.

Oak Hills won 54-48. That's a bad loss. Princeton really seems like they're Jekyll and Hyde.
I expected this with their 3 best players out for the year. But hopefully by tournament time things could be jelling. They showed they can play with the top teams and lose to the bottom teams

I expected this with their 3 best players out for the year. But hopefully by tournament time things could be jelling. They showed they can play with the top teams and lose to the bottom teams
I didn't see their win over Sycamore, but what everyone told me was that Princeton absolutely suffocated them with their pressure. Then I see that Oak Hills shot 54% against them and I don't get it at all.

There is just no consistency this year. Backs up the claim that most teams are more similar than different, in that there are alot of very average teams.

Maybe I'm not giving Elder enough credit, but their schedule has been very weak so far.

Princeton not streaming home games is just ridiculous in 2024. Not even posting score updates unless I'm missing something
I have heard Princeton been struggling and taking forever to Pay Officials this yr since this School Yr started. Can’t pay the Men and Women coming there working harde,certainly can’t Live Stream the Games. Kind of odd, Princeton Athletics pretty well run for many yrs but this yr something definitely seems off.

If you love HS basketball the GMC will give you some great action this season.
Power:
#1-Sycamore-they will win the Lg. they will be playing their best in February/March
#2-West-Young team, will have some inconsistency.
#3-Hamilton
#4-East
#5-Princeton
#6-Oak Hills
#7-Middletown
#8-Fairfield
#9-Mason

GMC Teams in the first MaxPreps RPI rankings...

3. Sycamore
5. Middletown
9. Lakota East
10. Lakota West
13. Hamilton
14. Princeton
15. Mason
18. Oak Hills
25. Fairfield
31. Colerain

Aves were down 17-16 at half vs. the Middies, but 3rd quarter was the difference and then they pulled away in the 4th quarter with a convincing 53-33 win. Aves have been playing 2-3 zone last few games and with Burgess in middle and their two G/F that have length and speed up top, they make it tough to get any real clean looks. they make teams waste a lot of clock and really don't give up 2nd shots at all. anything that gets into the lane is either blocked or the shot is altered by Burgess. Middies were able to get some mid-range J's in the lane at times and Sycamore finally got their offense going in the 2nd half. pretty big win to go to Middletown and keep grasp of 1st place in the GMC. Aves had struggled from the FT line lately but not in this one, going 18-21. it helped since they went 1-9 from from 3. Middies helped by going 1-14 from 3. Aves outrebounded them 26-13. i don't know if i've seen a game in awhile where a team got so few rebounds. 13 is just really low. and i stand corrected as LaSalle only got 11 total rebounds vs them last Saturday (i was at that game) so I guess it happens but it just didn't seem that way to me.

GMC Teams in the first MaxPreps RPI rankings...

3. Sycamore
5. Middletown
9. Lakota East
10. Lakota West
13. Hamilton
14. Princeton
15. Mason
18. Oak Hills
25. Fairfield
31. Colerain
Mid-pack GMC teams will likely have to hop into a sectional already containing 2 or more higher seeds, yet all of those GMC teams are still really dangerous. Moeller, Elder, and Sycamore seem to have an inside track on 3 of the top 5 sectional seeds, with St. X, Winton Woods, Middletown, Goshen, and West Hi possibly grabbing a top seed in the final 2 sectionals. Which of the top teams are you avoiding? If Goshen somehow gets say the #5 seed, how many teams are hopping in with them because they think they can win it?

Mid-pack GMC teams will likely have to hop into a sectional already containing 2 or more higher seeds, yet all of those GMC teams are still really dangerous. Moeller, Elder, and Sycamore seem to have an inside track on 3 of the top 5 sectional seeds, with St. X, Winton Woods, Middletown, Goshen, and West Hi possibly grabbing a top seed in the final 2 sectionals. Which of the top teams are you avoiding? If Goshen somehow gets say the #5 seed, how many teams are hopping in with them because they think they can win it?
Honestly, I'd only try to avoid Moeller if I could. And this is not one of those Moeller years where you better avoid them, and half the field does. Even they aren't super scary. If you're a middle of the pack team there should be no fear of any other teams. This is a year where most if not all of the teams will mainly concern themselves with the best game style matchups. I don't see much straight up avoidance due to talent this year.

Friday Night Games
Mason @ Oak Hills (-1.5)
Princeton (-5.5) @ Fairfield
Hamilton @ Lakota West (-4.5)
Sycamore (-7.5) @ Lakota East
Colerain @ Middletown (-25.5)

Saturday
Winton Woods (-1.5) @ Hamilton

Last edited:
Friday Night Games
Mason @ Oak Hills (-1.5)
Princeton (-5.5) @ Fairfield
Hamilton @ Lakota West (-4.5)
Sycamore (-7.5) @ Lakota East
Colerain @ Middletown (-25.5)

Saturday
Winton Woods (-5.5) @ Fairfield
I think you're looking at the wrong Saturday slate. Winton Woods plays at Hamilton. Fairfield is hosting St. Vincent-St. Mary.

I didn't see their win over Sycamore, but what everyone told me was that Princeton absolutely suffocated them with their pressure. Then I see that Oak Hills shot 54% against them and I don't get it at all.
They pressured a lot but if you throw over too and they don’t get back 54% is an easy number to hit. And the pressure is a delay pressure so if u see it coming it’s easy to beat

Sycamore beats Lakota East 42-38. Not going to be a clinic for Sycamore on ballhandling and not going to be a clinic for Lakota East on how to attack a shot blocker (Burgess somehow was only credited with 3 blocks. I guess he only gets credit when the ball gets deposited in the 5th row?).

Mason with another non-competitive loss, this time to Oak Hills 60-43.
Hamilton beats Lakota West in another rock fight 41-30.
Fairfield pulls out a close won against Princeton 48-44.
Colerain still not within 20 of another GMC team, losing to Middletown 77-45.

Oak Hills is going to surprise some teams. They may have arguably a top 5 player in the GMC in Maginn. If they can get any consistency, they could be dangerous tourney time.

I wouldn't be surprised if they knocked off Elder next week.

Was at the Hamilton-West game. Hamilton stayed back in a zone the whole game and West looked totally lost against it. Also gave up too many 2nd shots in the first half. 4-18 on 3’s and almost zero second shots and a lot of standing around on offense with no ball movement. Never had the lead in game though did manage to tie it at 23 going into
the 4th and were within one at 30-29 with about 2 minutes left. But Hamilton was able to extend it back to 5 with baskets on their next 2 possessions and finished it off at the free throw line.