GCL Co-ed 2023-24

prep school in vegas, was going to come to alter, but decided to go to vegas. he wouldn't play at alter, he would be 7th or 8th man behind a good starting five and three notable bench players of fenton, frericks and lunne

prep school in vegas, was going to come to alter, but decided to go to vegas. he wouldn't play at alter, he would be 7th or 8th man behind a good starting five and three notable bench players of fenton, frericks and lunne
Man where are you getting this info... Jerome is not at a Prep School in Vegas!! He is at a regular public HS. He would of started at Alter you can't be serious!

Alter has size and depth that will give every single team problems. They also have a 4 star guard in Greer to run their offense as well as Uhl, Lunne, and Conner who are all above 6'6 and can have an impact on any game.

This team is legit and can make a run at state this year. By far the GCL frontrunner

Greer is not running Alter's offense... He plays off the ball. Gavin Leen is running that offense. Uhl is the only name you mentioned 6'6+ that will make an immediate impact. The other 2 guys will have a learning curve getting used to the speed and physicality of varsity basketball. Lunne played a little Conner played reserve. However, I do agree they will be good but they will split with CJ in the regular season.

Watch out for Fenwick!!!!! Their best player will be a freshman. His name is Hudson Kreke. He should be starting varsity after three games. He comes from great genes. He is a KREKE for crying out loud. All I have to say is buy stock NOW on this kid. He will most likely be the game changer for Fenwick that lifts them to a GCL championship this year. Coach Kreke is helping coach and scout for Fenwick, so he will get him playing Varsity right away.
theres no way fenwick comes anywhere close to the GCL champions, Temming doesn't have any help and ive never heard of this Kreke kid the rest of GCL will handle Fenwick besides maybe carroll

Watch out for Fenwick!!!!! Their best player will be a freshman. His name is Hudson Kreke. He should be starting varsity after three games. He comes from great genes. He is a KREKE for crying out loud. All I have to say is buy stock NOW on this kid. He will most likely be the game changer for Fenwick that lifts them to a GCL championship this year. Coach Kreke is helping coach and scout for Fenwick, so he will get him playing Varsity right away.
No way Fenwick even finishes in the top 3 of the GCL this year.

And another Fr guard with a D1 offer, great test for Alter.

@Cats_By_90 says above Alter is deep, you said their 6-8 are varsity rookies, who is correct?
Charlie Uhl 6'8 is not a rookie... He started last year for Alter. The other 6'6 Connor kid was on reserve. Lunne was on Varsity but was more like the 8 or 9th man.

Last edited:
And another Fr guard with a D1 offer, great test for Alter.

@Cats_By_90 says above Alter is deep, you said their 6-8 are varsity rookies, who is correct?
If I said that I must’ve mistyped it. Because both Uhl and Lunne played major roles in last years run to the regional finals. Uhl had some huge games against Meadowdale Dunbar and Taft.

If I said that I must’ve mistyped it. Because both Uhl and Lunne played major roles in last years run to the regional finals. Uhl had some huge games against Meadowdale Dunbar and Taft.
Uhl yes, Lunne and I had similar varsity stats last year. He played but was not counted on

Alter is talented but not deep with experience. They will play 3 or 4 guys in their top 8 that have never been counted on in a varsity game. If those guys rise to the occasion, they will be loaded.

Uhl yes, Lunne and I had similar varsity stats last year. He played but was not counted on

Alter is talented but not deep with experience. They will play 3 or 4 guys in their top 8 that have never been counted on in a varsity game. If those guys rise to the occasion, they will be loaded.
alters whole starting five has varsity experience and 3 players coming off the bench played over the summer i would assume so i think alter will be fine

alters whole starting five has varsity experience and 3 players coming off the bench played over the summer i would assume so i think alter will be fine
Playing in a varsity game and being counted on to make plays to win varsity games are very different. Lets look at the varsity experience:
Greer/Uhl/Leen/Brand - varsity experience
Lunne - very minor role last year
Conner - JV
Frericks - bench at boro
Fenton - JV?

Alter's history says those kids will step into bigger roles and be good. Until that happens you can't say they are deep with experience.

Do city polls not exist anymore? Has anyone seen a Cincinnati ranking?
I saw a "preview" in the Enquirer but don't pay for it so couldn't see if there is a ranking. Seems like the on-line guys (270/Prep Hoops/MVFCP) do the rankings but those are usually not reliable besides 270, in my opinion.

A friend of mine coaches soccer and their coaches vote on a weekly coaches poll. With seeding being done by RPI now it would be great to see a coaches poll each week and see how the two compare.

Playing in a varsity game and being counted on to make plays to win varsity games are very different. Lets look at the varsity experience:
Greer/Uhl/Leen/Brand - varsity experience
Lunne - very minor role last year
Conner - JV
Frericks - bench at boro
Fenton - JV?

Alter's history says those kids will step into bigger roles and be good. Until that happens you can't say they are deep with experience.
Alter's coach has done a great job in the past running an offense based off of their strengths. With Conner they spread the floor to let him work and with the team they had last year, they spread the floor with all of their guards and let Uhl work in the post but play through Ruffalo. I wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't a whole lot of change in the offense this year but playing through Greer first and looking towards Uhl down low.

These offenses have helped players develop in their roles and get players experience. Come playoff time their experience is going to be good. They might start a bit slow to start but I wouldn't be surprised if they enter the playoffs HOT.

These offenses have helped players develop in their roles and get players experience. Come playoff time their experience is going to be good. They might start a bit slow to start but I wouldn't be surprised if they enter the playoffs HOT.

Alter's coach has done a great job in the past running an offense based off of their strengths. With Conner they spread the floor to let him work and with the team they had last year, they spread the floor with all of their guards and let Uhl work in the post but play through Ruffalo. I wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't a whole lot of change in the offense this year but playing through Greer first and looking towards Uhl down low.
Solid analysis in both posts, agree 100%

I will predict Alter to win the league and CJ to finish second.

The rest of the league is a complete unknown to me. I will say Fenwick will finish with an overall losing record.

The rest of the league is a complete unknown to me. I will say Fenwick will finish with an overall losing record.
I disagree about Fenwick. Their size in the frontcourt gives them a huge advantage, and their core starting 5 has a lot of chemistry with 4 out of the 5 being seniors. I can definitely see them finishing above .500 if they get hot and win a few of their tougher games.

Overall, though, I agree with Alter and CJ being 1 and 2 respectively. I think both schools are slated for deep runs in the playoffs.

I agree, the three headed monster of Frericks Greer and Leen is a force to be reckoned with. Alter is the team to beat, cannot wait for the CJ vs Alter rematch!