Game of the Week - Glenville at IMG Academy

Let's keep it on track here. Valdosta's ranking doesn't matter even if the majority of rankings have them in the 20-25 range.

As for Glenville, I think their defense will be good enough to keep IMG slowed down for most of the game. They need to get the run game going or IMG could tire them out and pull away. Special Teams IMG will have a distinct advantage and Glenville should just hope to limit mistakes. The whole goal for Glenville is keep it close and have a chance late.
I look for the same result vs Glenville

Hang on a second here. Am I reading that some posters believe that by playing some better competition, a player, or players, could increase their exposure and possibly improve their chances of getting seen by colleges?

Interesting, very interesting.

Huh. Who would have thought that.
Not sure what you're getting at here but yeah this very basic concept you're alluding to is relevant because it's part of why Glenville took this game

Hang on a second here. Am I reading that some posters believe that by playing some better competition, a player, or players, could increase their exposure and possibly improve their chances of getting seen by colleges?

Interesting, very interesting.

Huh. Who would have thought that.
Yes, it goes both ways public and private.

$28k was what I saw when I looked a while ago. Sure it also depends on boarding school costs. Whether you're the IMG and IMG Blue team.
$50k-90k before financial aid is what I saw. I'd assume financial aid is very common, particularly for the football team.

$50k-90k before financial aid is what I saw. I'd assume financial aid is very common, particularly for the football team.
Can't find specifics on current tuition other than from some sites that quote a figure close to yours. That includes boarding.

Went back to look up the $28k total I had been told, and looks like that's almost two decades old now.

but I don’t see what you gain by scheduling a beating for your team. I hope they make it a game and show out for Ohio
You have to realize this is really more than a football game for many of these kids. Its a life experience. Traveling to Florida where they may have never been. Getting on a plane which they may have never done. Playing against guys you will see on Saturday and maybe even Sunday. Staying in a hotel and bonding with your team. Hard to pass up that kind of opportunity and experience especially if IMG is footing the bill.

There's reasons outside of the pure W/L aspect for GInn to take this game. I'm sure the trip will be a cool experience for a lot of those kids who don't get the opportunity often, but Ginn is also very focused on getting his kids opportunities to play football at the college level. It gives his players a chance to individually put something on film vs the most visible and highly recruited HS football program in the country.
The stereotypes are absolutely wild. A lot of these kids played youth ball for Ginn Elite or Glenville Elite. Since 2019 those programs traveled to FL, KY, GA, IL, IN, MI, and MO for games and I could be missing a state or two. Not to mention ya know, family trips and vacations and whatnot. But you’re right “the trip will be a cool experience for a lot of those kids who don't get the opportunity often”…

You have to realize this is really more than a football game for many of these kids. Its a life experience. Traveling to Florida where they may have never been. Getting on a plane which they may have never done. Playing against guys you will see on Saturday and maybe even Sunday. Staying in a hotel and bonding with your team. Hard to pass up that kind of opportunity and experience especially if IMG is footing the bill.
#Repost The stereotypes are absolutely wild. A lot of these kids played youth ball for Ginn Elite or Glenville Elite. Since 2019 those programs traveled to FL, KY, GA, IL, IN, MI, and MO for games and I could be missing a state or two. Not to mention ya know, family trips and vacations and whatnot. They don’t need to play IMG to see kids that will play on Saturdays, they see that everyday at practice. Other than that, I totally agree.

Taking a look at their schedule this year compared to what they were playing several years ago it’s obvious that they’re having a hard time getting games
Pretty sure they are banned from California and ever since they beat Duncanville (TX) in a really nasty game they are silently banned there too lol. Georgia also doesnt allow their schools to play them. You take out those 3 states and you get the schedule theyve had the past few years.

The stereotypes are absolutely wild. A lot of these kids played youth ball for Ginn Elite or Glenville Elite. Since 2019 those programs traveled to FL, KY, GA, IL, IN, MI, and MO for games and I could be missing a state or two. Not to mention ya know, family trips and vacations and whatnot. They don’t need to play IMG to see kids that will play on Saturdays, they see that everyday at practice. Other than that, I totally agree.
I didn't get on a plane until my 20s. Never got to Florida until my 40s. I do remember playing against guys you saw on Saturday and Sunday that weren't on my own team. Im not sure what stereotypes your talking about. I could have made those comments about Marion Local. But thanks for expanding on the Glenville recruiting aspect for all of us.

If St Joseph prep can keep it close then so can Glenville.
That's assuming Glenville is on par with one of the top prep programs in the country on an annual basis who boat-raced Lakeland (FL) and St. Peter's Prep (NJ) in their other two games this year. I like this Glenville team, but I'm not so sure that's the case.

IMG is very much a school. It was a top notch school way before the football program started. In was in fact originally a tennis academy and I believe Jimmy Conners was one of the key figures in its opening.
Originally, it was known as the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy. In 1987, IMG bought the Academy and added a few sports. The first season of IMG Football was in 2013.

That's assuming Glenville is on par with one of the top prep programs in the country on an annual basis who boat-raced Lakeland (FL) and St. Peter's Prep (NJ) in their other two games this year. I like this Glenville team, but I'm not so sure that's the case.
I think St. Joes prep is a little overrated. SPP is 0-3 and Lakeland had a 2 TD loss to a good team from Miami. They're certainly not bad but #12 in the country seems like a stretch.

It will be tough sledding for Glenville but not impossible IMO. IMG has played 3 very good teams but they haven't blown anybody out like a typical IMG team dropping 50.

I think St. Joes prep is a little overrated. SPP is 0-3 and Lakeland had a 2 TD loss to a good team from Miami. They're certainly not bad but #12 in the country seems like a stretch.

It will be tough sledding for Glenville but not impossible IMO. IMG has played 3 very good teams but they haven't blown anybody out like a typical IMG team dropping 50.
This. They also aren’t loaded with the high end 5 star players like they sometimes are either.

Quick check of 247. Class of 2024 2-5 star and 6 4-star. Class of 2025 5-4 star. Class of 2026 3-4 star.
This is on 247? The 247 composite has their highest ranked played as the 354th player in the country. 2025 class and their best player isn't even a top 100 guy, so 0 5 star players on that roster.......

This is on 247? The 247 composite has their highest ranked played as the 354th player in the country. 2025 class and their best player isn't even a top 100 guy, so 0 5 star players on that roster..
I'm seeing 5 star corner ranked 4th in composite going to Georgia and 5 star DL ranked 6th committed to Oklahoma. 34 total 5 star across the US. Highest Ohio player DB from Springfield at 43. Glenville DB at 50.

Many programs talk about scheduling anybody, any time, anywhere but few programs actually live by that statement. In my years of following high school football only Glenville and Bishop Sycamore have lived up to that billing (and Bishop Sycamore wasn't actually a high school so by default Glenville would be the only one).

This game was offered to numerous schools throughout the state of Ohio but one stepped up. Kudos to Glenville and Coach Ginn for leaving the friendly confines of East Cleveland and taking on a challenge. Although it will be tough for them to pull off a victory, games like this will help them in week 15. Coach Ginn truly gets it and isn't afraid to take a loss or give up a home game in order to win a state title in a tournament format.

The game will be tough. IMG sits at number 4 in the country. They are extremely good but not invincible. Glenville needs to play mistake free football to stay in this game and have a shot at the end. With travel involved and the distractions of the Greater Tampa Area (great gentleman's clubs) that will be difficult. IMG has allowed teams to hang around this year so I'll say Glenville keeps it within striking distance but IMG finds a way to win at the end. Regardless, props to Glenville for doing their part in not letting the state of Ohio die as a football powerhouse.
This isn't close to the 'game of the week'. I'd watch numerous other games this week over this.

These academy's aren't real high school football. The fans aren't the same, the feel of the game isn't the same and giving props for getting paid to fly down and play them is kind of ridiculous. I hope the boys have fun and all, but this isn't the type of high school football game that I enjoy watching. Give me Eds v Massillon, Hamilton v Princeton, Avon v Ridgeville or others before I watch some national academy team play.

I'm seeing 5 star corner ranked 4th in composite going to Georgia and 5 star DL ranked 6th committed to Oklahoma. 34 total 5 star across the US. Highest Ohio player DB from Springfield at 43. Glenville DB at 50.
Looks like he was referring to St. Joes, they have the 354th ranked composite in '24. Glenville will have more talent than Ben Davis and Lakeland as well. What's the RB's name he looked like he should be a 4 star guy?

This isn't close to the 'game of the week'. I'd watch numerous other games this week over this.

These academy's aren't real high school football. The fans aren't the same, the feel of the game isn't the same and giving props for getting paid to fly down and play them is kind of ridiculous. I hope the boys have fun and all, but this isn't the type of high school football game that I enjoy watching. Give me Eds v Massillon, Hamilton v Princeton, Avon v Ridgeville or others before I watch some national academy team play.
It's different for sure but both are entertaining. I like seeing how OH measures up to OOS powers.

Provide a link, I'm not seeing this.