Friday Updates (11/24/23)

If Springfield had taken knees they would have either had to punt with about 30 seconds left in the game, or could have run around in the backfield on 4th down to kill as much clock as possible before being tackled likely giving the other team the ball with 10-15 seconds left wherever he is tackled
Had the ball inside the 10, so wouldn't have had to punt. Sounds like Moeller just let them score.

Mike Dyer tweeted that the Moeller coaches were yelling let him score on Springfields last TD

Had the ball inside the 10, so wouldn't have had to punt. Sounds like Moeller just let them score.
So then they could run around in the backfield and give the other team the ball at the 20 or 25 yard line with 15 seconds left.

No different than Toledo CC being in D3 is unfair. Glenville has dropped 2 divisions over the years. TCC as well, even though they were D2 for several years.

And I know how the Divisions work. Why have they dropped so much? Just curious.
Have you ever been to Glenville? If not for Ted Ginn, no one would go there!

Springfield coach tonight

Tom Hanks Dipshit GIF

Man, still a lot of time left. Any referees out there, could Springfield have run the clock out with less than 2:20 left? I know it's a 25-second play clock, but it does take some time to spot the ball and reset the clock.
Isn't Ohio using the nfhs 40 second clock view?

So then they could run around in the backfield and give the other team the ball at the 20 or 25 yard line with 15 seconds left.
Yep that's the play. Springfield messed up there. Gotta take more time off the clock when they don't have any timeouts. They may still pull it out, but better odds with almost no time. 2 minutes is an eternity in HS ball.

Man, still a lot of time left. Any referees out there, could Springfield have run the clock out with less than 2:20 left? I know it's a 25-second play clock, but it does take some time to spot the ball and reset the clock.

Isn't Ohio using the nfhs 40 second clock view?
White hat here: It's a 40 second play clock once the umpire receives the ball; 3 kneel downs would of basically ended the game.