Franklin High Coaching Carousel

2 years and done at Franklin High School. Coach Hurst resigned this morning. I wonder if my son can make it his final 2 years with the same coach. SMH

Third time is the charm 🙏. A lot of wrong decisions have been made the last 3 years. Childers should have never been ran off. Only positive thing to come from that, they had a chance to hire Murphy and didn’t for whatever reason. I will say Hurst was not given the best hand to win with, but he is young time will tell if can be a good coach. They have to get this right this time. Lots of pressure with decisions.

Third time is the charm 🙏. A lot of wrong decisions have been made the last 3 years. Childers should have never been ran off. Only positive thing to come from that, they had a chance to hire Murphy and didn’t for whatever reason. I will say Hurst was not given the best hand to win with, but he is young time will tell if can be a good coach. They have to get this right this time. Lots of pressure with decisions.
We need to get a coach who will build the program. We need to get this one right. IMO we need a guy who knows the kids and the kids respect. Sounds like the players are all in on a guy on the current staff.

I agree with you 100%, Childers should have never been run off. I hate to keep beating the dead horse in Franklin, but you can thank Bales for that. He was wearing the daddy ball hat instead of the AD hat and was mad that his son wasn't being given in-game opportunities to kick. Sorry, I digress.
We need to get a coach who will build the program. We need to get this one right. IMO we need a guy who knows the kids and the kids respect. Sounds like the players are all in on a guy on the current staff.
Program builders a tough to come by these days. Not because the coach won't do it, but parents/community members are so quick to run someone out of town after a bad year or two. Program builders take time and we are an instant-gratification society....

Who do the players respect that are currently on staff that actually want the job?

I heard that he was going to Australia to become a rugby coach.

Sorry just wanted to say whatever came to mind without actually saying where I got my information from.

😂😂😂😂

The fish rots from the head and it isn't the head football coach. Starts with the superintendent. I feel sorry for anyone who has to answer to this freak. The Franklin BOE needs to show this guy the door like they did at Clinton Massie. Childers was an outstanding coach with a very high ceiling. Don't believe they allowed him a chance to build a program and now they're chasing their tails for the next few years. I know the dork super could retire anytime, hopefully sooner than later.

Whoever gets the job needs support. Players , parents, admin and his own coaching staff have a part in supporting or non support. Let's respect the Head Coach just for being in that position. Imagine if we support these guys as much as we try to cut their throat. Cmon lets be better Franklin. We have let these guys down, they didn't let us down.

Whoever gets the job needs support. Players , parents, admin and his own coaching staff have a part in supporting or non support. Let's respect the Head Coach just for being in that position. Imagine if we support these guys as much as we try to cut their throat. Cmon lets be better Franklin. We have let these guys down, they didn't let us down.
Seems like the staff and the players really like Jason Lewis at Franklin. Hope they make this happen quickly and get a coach in there so the program is not in limbo this winter

Hearing that Childers and Lewis are the favorites for the job currently. There were some other candidates that dropped out because the school system could not afford to pay them

Heard interviews are all but wrapped up, anyone hear any names?
I'm still hearing Lewis as the front runner. Childers in the mix as well but there were a lot of mixed feelings on him as a coach when he was there before. I think either would be a safe and solid choice for the job.

I'm still hearing Lewis as the front runner. Childers in the mix as well but there were a lot of mixed feelings on him as a coach when he was there before. I think either would be a safe and solid choice for the job.
I would like to think that the Administration gets this right finally. Lewis is the choice of the current players it sounds like. The current staff would coach with Lewis as well. The current staff will not coach with Childers is what I am hearing. 4 years ago the same superintendent and the same school board parted ways with Childers, how is hiring him back going to help the football program, there had to be reasons they let him go for. Hopefully we have a coach in place soon so the kids can get an offseason schedule going.

I believe Childers went 10-0 a few years back. He got ran out on a rail at Clinton-Massie and that's after they won two back to back state championships.

I would like to think that the Administration gets this right finally. Lewis is the choice of the current players it sounds like. The current staff would coach with Lewis as well. The current staff will not coach with Childers is what I am hearing. 4 years ago the same superintendent and the same school board parted ways with Childers, how is hiring him back going to help the football program, there had to be reasons they let him go for. Hopefully we have a coach in place soon so the kids can get an offseason schedule going.
Get a grip man. You went and polled all the players and coaches?

Maybe the fact he never had a losing season would be of interest, or they haven’t had a winning season since he stepped away.

I think it’s Childers or another candidate’s job that hasn’t been mentioned in this threads job.

This is an idiotic hire. Were there not several in house guys, as far as in the school or on the football staff now who have had success? I see Franklin in the drain again.

Why is it a bad hire? Who you think is the decision maker on these school hires? Who should they have hired? Most people on this thread were way off.