First Set of Rankings for the 2021-22 Season

4 pins geezzzzz dudes a beast. Closest match was a 10-3 over Austin Skinner. That is crazy to think about honestly. I predict he’ll be top 4 come state time
Your kid? Who did he wrestle anyways? Any state quality kids? There was one great tournament this weekend and it wasn't Edgewood. It's called Ironman you heard of it? Place there then brag!

Your kid? Who did he wrestle anyways? Any state quality kids? There was one great tournament this weekend and it wasn't Edgewood. It's called Ironman you heard of it? Place there then brag!
No?but from what I looked like he pinned two ranked kids in Div 2. Skinner boys have always been good as well. There was some good kids there.

Even though Joy from Wadsworth just beat Fenton a week ago 7-3
If these two wrestled ten times they would probably go 5-5 against each other.
Both boys came close to scoring a few takedown and points in the this match. Joy almost had leg cradle locked up on a reversal but he was still bottom guy and put himself in danger trying to roll unlocked leg cradle and could of given up back points if ref was in position to see it and even realize Joy was bottom guy. Took me few times watching tape to see it. But your 7-3 match was a 3-3 match with 40 seconds left in 3rd. Fenton went for elbow pass to shot and Joy hit him with nice cross ankle pick and got takedown with around 30 to 40 seconds left make it 5-3. Fenton legs was tangled & was in odd cradle situation. He was stuck and unable to move and about to lose 5-3. He said with time running out only option he had was let Joy roll that odd cradle to his back and on the roll try to break loose and get reversal to tie match up. Said Joy had it tighter then he thought and right before the roll he trapped my leg which slow anything I was about to do on the roll. His comment made after match was what’s difference between losing 5-3, 7-3, or even 8-3 if Joy got all backs I had to try something.

They are two of the top 120lbers in the country. Ohio has a great group of 120lbers and they all could beat any top 20 ranked kid in the country. I just hope come state time both are healthy, both are on opposite sides of the brackets and both are wrestling under the lights on the main stage.

Last edited:
If these two wrestled ten times they would probably go 5-5 against each other. Your 7-3 match was a 3-3 match with 40 seconds left in 3rd. Joy got takedown with under 30 to make it 5-3. Fenton legs was tangled & was in odd cradle situation. He was stuck and unable to get loose and with time running out only option he had was let him roll to back and on the roll try to break loose and get reversal to tie match up. Said Joy had it tighter then he thought. Comment made was what’s difference between losing 5-3, 7-3, or even 8-3 if got all backs. I had to try something and that was his only to was letting him turn him at end and trying to bust out cause he was stuck and going to lose

I just hope come state time both are healthy, both are on opposite sides of the brackets and both are wrestling Sunday night.
I disagree that it would be 5-5 if they wrestled 10 times. But that is just my opinion, and that's why wrestling is so great, cuz it's settled on the mat.

I disagree that it would be 5-5 if they wrestled 10 times. But that is just my opinion, and that's why wrestling is so great, cuz it's settled on the mat.
I agree, I think its more likely 7-3 in favor of Joy, but thats why they wrestle the matches. That's not a slight on Fenton, Joy is just a really really good wrestle. Fenton did beat the kid that beat Joy at Ironman, so maybe transitive property works this time?

Lol, easy man kid was ranked 20th. Keep bragging it up.
Wow. So what if it is his kid. You find something wrong about a dad bragging on his kid because he’s proud of him even if he’s not at the top level? Your reply should’ve been nothing or good job. From now on everyone, you can only brag if your kid is a state champ and never been beaten before.

That’s your opinion and that was my opinion. But when two top kids wrestle a match 3-3 with 30 something seconds left in match pretty good chance every match is going to be close and be a toss up. I’ll be safe and say 5-5 still and that’s not a knock on either kid. Both kids had chances to score a few more points in Elyria that day. Joy was better in Elyria and Fenton was better at Ironman. Both are studs. We are thankful for Joy match because it allowed us to watch tape and made some adjustments. I think that match help Peyton place at Ironman.

That’s your opinion and that was my opinion. But when two top kids wrestle a match 3-3 with 30 something seconds left in match pretty good chance every match is going to be close and be a toss up. I’ll be safe and say 5-5 still and that’s not a knock on either kid. Both kids had chances to score a few more points in Elyria that day. Joy was better in Elyria and Fenton was better at Ironman. Both are studs. We are thankful for Joy match because it allowed us to watch tape and made some adjustments. I think that match help Peyton place at Ironman.
I clearly stated that was my opinion, but thanks for clarifying that, and we get that it was a close match. But, IMO ( in my opinion) I like Joy to win more than not, no knock on anyone else

Wow. So what if it is his kid. You find something wrong about a dad bragging on his kid because he’s proud of him even if he’s not at the top level? Your reply should’ve been nothing or good job. From now on everyone, you can only brag if your kid is a state champ and never been beaten before.
How about be humble and don't brag about pinning kids at average tournament. It's childish, want a medal also for that tournament or maybe a t-shirt that says champion! Lol. It's not youth buddy....

How about be humble and don't brag about pinning kids at average tournament. It's childish, want a medal also for that tournament or maybe a t-shirt that says champion! Lol. It's not youth buddy....
Whether he is a dad or a fan who gives a if he wants to give the kid some recognition. Kid is a ranked 8th in the state and a returning SQ. Not every tournament has Ironman/Medina quality opponents. You wrestle who is in front of you. Good for that Kid for a nice Tournament.

Huge congrats to Brody Conley on becoming the 175 class Ironman champ. I've watched/followed Conley's wrestling stats since he was in Junior High, amazing career so far.
My nephew, Ethan Turnbaugh, wrestled him I believe 6 times in their first two seasons of high school. It was even, 2 wins each, freshman season. Then Brody won the last two their Sophomore season and he has only continued to improve since. I am certain that he will be an amazing wrestler at West Virginia. My nephew should have a great season this year as well, hoping for a 150 class champ.

Looked at the most recent rankings and at first thought Nick Rodriquez of Oregon Clay had quit the team. Then I saw him all the way down at 17th place in the 120 DI rankings. He had a horrid state tourney last year going 0-2 with I believe being pinned and then lost via tech fall (I think it was 15-0). I still expected him to be to top5 in the rankings this year. Not sure what has happened to him, but the drop has been precipitous. I'm not being critical of him or suggesting that he is not working hard, but I believe he is capable of a Top 5 ranking in the state - but it's just not working out that way since end of season last year. Surprised the hell out of me.

Looked at the most recent rankings and at first thought Nick Rodriquez of Oregon Clay had quit the team. Then I saw him all the way down at 17th place in the 120 DI rankings. He had a horrid state tourney last year going 0-2 with I believe being pinned and then lost via tech fall (I think it was 15-0). I still expected him to be to top5 in the rankings this year. Not sure what has happened to him, but the drop has been precipitous. I'm not being critical of him or suggesting that he is not working hard, but I believe he is capable of a Top 5 ranking in the state - but it's just not working out that way since end of season last year. Surprised the hell out of me.
Still plenty of time to work hard if its that.

If these two wrestled ten times they would probably go 5-5 against each other.
Both boys came close to scoring a few takedown and points in the this match. Joy almost had leg cradle locked up on a reversal but he was still bottom guy and put himself in danger trying to roll unlocked leg cradle and could of given up back points if ref was in position to see it and even realize Joy was bottom guy. Took me few times watching tape to see it. But your 7-3 match was a 3-3 match with 40 seconds left in 3rd. Fenton went for elbow pass to shot and Joy hit him with nice cross ankle pick and got takedown with around 30 to 40 seconds left make it 5-3. Fenton legs was tangled & was in odd cradle situation. He was stuck and unable to move and about to lose 5-3. He said with time running out only option he had was let Joy roll that odd cradle to his back and on the roll try to break loose and get reversal to tie match up. Said Joy had it tighter then he thought and right before the roll he trapped my leg which slow anything I was about to do on the roll. His comment made after match was what’s difference between losing 5-3, 7-3, or even 8-3 if Joy got all backs I had to try something.

They are two of the top 120lbers in the country. Ohio has a great group of 120lbers and they all could beat any top 20 ranked kid in the country. I just hope come state time both are healthy, both are on opposite sides of the brackets and both are wrestling under the lights on the main stage.
Love matches like that! I have seen them go both ways so many times.