Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Very rarely

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Like this place?

lol
Far worse. Wife is on it so I get to see the BS from time to time when she wants to share something with me.

Some of the biggest POS's I know are on there with pics of their kids that everyone "likes" and they post their inspirational messages and quotes and videos that everyone "likes" when in reality the guy is a deadbeat drug addict dad who would rob you blind if you let him. It is how people want to be projected rather than reality. As phony a place as there is.

Far worse. Wife is on it so I get to see the BS from time to time when she wants to share something with me.

Some of the biggest POS's I know are on there with pics of their kids that everyone "likes" and they post their inspirational messages and quotes and videos that everyone "likes" when in reality the guy is a deadbeat drug addict dad who would rob you blind if you let him. It is how people want to be projected rather than reality. As phony a place as there is.
like this place?

He makes a good point that anyone criticizing social media while spending a significant amount of time here is a bit of a hypocrite. Both largely serve similar purposes. Though it's actually easier to lie about yourself on here.

I intentionally avoid businesses who are only on facebook. It's terrible for the basic info that I want. Just give me a clean website that shows hours/location/contact information/menu etc. And to add to that I don't have facebook so I'm being bombarded by a prompt every 5 seconds telling me to join.

What business only uses Facebook for communication?
Not businesses, but I have found that there are several organizations that are focused on activities for my kids (e.g. school groups, sports leagues, dance studios, etc.) that rely exclusively on their Facebook presence.

It’s fun to stir the pot on but I like it because i’ve had some old grade school and high school friends reach out and share information. I’ve reconnected with a high school group of friends. We even did a road trip last year to Memphis. Without FB I doubt we ever would have reconnected.

There are a lot of self absorbed women on it though that like to post pictures of themselves. A woman I used to work with has started posting mini videos of herself. She is very pretty but she must be very insecure if she needs to keep posting like she does. She pans across her face and loves showing off her cleavage. It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

No, not like this place.

You are Salad76 here and I do not see pics of you holding the trophy bass you caught in your neighbors pond because you think that will get you some .

Not like this place at all.

Yeah. i guess here you can make false accusations and threats with no accountability whatsoever.

there at least people know who you are

He makes a good point that anyone criticizing social media while spending a significant amount of time here is a bit of a hypocrite. Both largely serve similar purposes. Though it's actually easier to lie about yourself on here.

case in point

^^^^

clearly you've never had any lunatic on here find out your real name and threaten you..... that's why I changed my name on here about 8 years ago

or have someone accuse you of lying about a real life event

and the only way to prove it is to post something revealing your real name

no chance

learned my lesson there already

NOW

I have had some success on here offering to meet people at events and have met some pretty good folks over the years.

so that has kind of become my test over the years

if I offer to meet up with you at a game and you accept, i know you're legit. we meet, have some good convo and become friends. I honestly can't think of a time I met someone in real life from here and we didn't get along

if i offer to meet up with you and get some lame excuse why you don't want to, then I have a pretty good idea what kind of person you are

not saying i'm here looking for friends, but I have no problem picking up a few along the way.

any and every kind of social media is exactly what you make it

I've never hid who I was. Not hard to find out. Regardless it is not the same as Fakebook. I understand the analogy but it is not the same.