DVII Marion Local vs Dalton Updates (12/02/23)

Doesn’t matter and I understand their school enrollment but these kids are good enough I could see them winning the D4 title in Ohio (as long as they could avoid Glenville who should be competing in D2 or D1)

Divisions are based on enrollment. Not how good you are. If anything, the OHSAA’s stupid competitive balance policy probably bumped Marion Local back down to D7 to begin with.

Would love to see a Glenville v Marion Local game. Bet it would be tight.
I talked to a couple of ML guys last night at the TCC game. They made it sound that they would have trouble with D3 and above because of a lack of size. Their OL averages 215lbs. The bigger schools more often have more bigger guys.

Doesn’t matter and I understand their school enrollment but these kids are good enough I could see them winning the D4 title in Ohio (as long as they could avoid Glenville who should be competing in D2 or D1)
How you gonna talk about “Ohio isn’t a good football state” through one side of your mouth, and suggest making the smaller classifications less good at the top out of the other?

Deeply unserious and inconsistent thought process.

I always find it hilarious when a team goes up against Marion Local or Coldwater for that matter, comes out of the locker room fired up, has some success on the first drive and starts beating their chest and celebrating after a big play. Then turns it over on downs or has to punt and then Marion Local and Coldwater proceed to step on their throats. 😂 Congrats on Dalton making it to the finals though.

Marion Local regularly shows they are best D5 and lower team. When you start moving to bigger divisions, they might start to run into programs that can hang with them. Size and depth do matter

Mercer county is the only place in the world where size doesn’t matter. Probably where I should have went to meet a wife. 😂

100% would be a game if those 2 played.
TCC and Marion Local?

No it wouldn't. TCC is one of the best teams in the state. TCC would beat them by 40+ and they should. No disrespect to ML. They are and would be one of the better teams in the state in D3 and below. But they are not competing with above average D2 and above.

Do you also think ML would hang with Whitmer, Findlay, Perrysburg, etc.?

How you gonna talk about “Ohio isn’t a good football state” through one side of your mouth, and suggest making the smaller classifications less good at the top out of the other?

Deeply unserious and inconsistent thought process.
Just because Ohio isn’t a good football state doesn’t also mean I don’t want to see good games during the playoffs. You aren’t very smart I see

I agree completely regarding Glenville. They could not win in DV1. now they're Dv 4?

TCC and Marion Local?

No it wouldn't. TCC is one of the best teams in the state. TCC would beat them by 40+ and they should. No disrespect to ML. They are and would be one of the better teams in the state in D3 and below. But they are not competing with above average D2 and above.

Do you also think ML would hang with Whitmer, Findlay, Perrysburg, etc.?
Cal Preps has Marion beating all 3 of those teams by a avg margin of victory of 20 points. 😆. Cal preps has a TCC Marion matchup at 28-21 TCC. Marion Local would absolutely have a shot at D3.

Marion Local regularly shows they are best D5 and lower team. When you start moving to bigger divisions, they might start to run into programs that can hang with them. Size and depth do matter

TBH, I'm not sure they beat Liberty Center, Perry, or Kirtland this year either. They're very good, and it'd definitely be competitive, and they could even win, but they're not clearly better than the top D5 and D6 teams. D7 (other than Marion Local) is certainly a step down.

ML could probably beat close to 95% to 99% of all schools in Ohio. They seem more of Ohio's national power for their size

TBH, I'm not sure they beat Liberty Center, Perry, or Kirtland this year either. They're very good, and it'd definitely be competitive, and they could even win, but they're not clearly better than the top D5 and D6 teams. D7 is just, well, D7.
Who knows. Keep in mind they have won titles 5,6, and 7

I'm not saying they couldn't win. I'm saying it's a stretch to say they have "shown they're the best" team in D5 or D6 in reply to EagleFan's post.
Its just a moot point. No way to prove one way or the other. I doubt Marion Local fans are too concerned about other divisions this year. They will just keep working and continue to prove why they deserve the respect around the state regardless of division.

How many seniors did ML have start today. Can I say with some certainty see you in Canton again in 24 Marion local.