Division IV 2023

No clue if they can coach x’s and o’s but Elyria Catholic’s new NFL coaching staff is really winning over the locals. They are the offseason social media darlings out here in Lorain County. They have set such high expectations despite returning only a few starters from last year. Will be interesting to see what happens when they face adversity specifically week 2 vs Perkins.
Unless that excitement starts to draw in more talent, I don't see the Panther's doing as well as they did last year. I did lose a lot of respect for Fox...ditching your kids to move to the cross-town public school is really weak move.

Ignoring the fact that you ducked a 3-7 team then pointing to how good you were over a quarter of a century ago isn’t exactly the flex you think it is.
View attachment 44111

West Branch pretenders.
Ignoring the fact that you ducked a 3-7 team then pointing to how good you were over a quarter of a century ago isn’t exactly the flex you think it is.
View attachment 44111

West Branch pretenders.
GIF by Giphy QA

View attachment 44111

West Branch pretenders.
Posting funny videos doesn't change the facts of what I said. The difference between West Branch and your team is that West Branch actually has history to be proud of. They were a great program a quarter of a century ago and they are a still a very good team recently.

Awesome! If they have another run they may be able to catch up to WH in playoff wins! You were the one crying there chief, don’t get mad when you throw bricks in your glass house because you weren’t included in a meaningless preseason poll.
Van Wert 17-6 Playoff record

West Holmes 15-9

Of course, Cougars 1-1 in Title games

We're still waiting on Knights just to make 1 Title game

This looks like a really good ranking. I do know that Elyria Catholic lost a lot to graduation and they might not in that top 10.
Decent list. One is consider is Canton South Wildcats. Canton south will be in their regional final game.
This looks like a really good ranking. I do know that Elyria Catholic lost a lot to graduation and they might not in that top 10.
Decent list. One to consider is Canton South Wildcats. Canton south will be in their regional final game.

Decent list. One is consider is Canton South Wildcats. Canton south will be in their regional final game.

Decent list. One to consider is Canton South Wildcats. Canton south will be in their regional final game.
I have Canton South at 28 right now. Very good team led by a very good QB. Good OOC schedule and league will test them. 8-2 on the regular season.

They have a chance to be good, offensively they’re solid, they didn’t play defense last year tho at all

The difference between West Branch and your team
is that my team hasn't tuck tail and ran from every challenge this century. WB may go 9-1 and still wont deserve to be in the conversation. Aside from the accidental week 1 stretch game that for sure isn’t being renewed, WB’s schedule is wearing heels so they can look tall in pictures.
Of course, Cougars 1-1 in Title games
1690718706160.gif

You can’t just say Cougars nobody knows who that is yet. When you’ve only made the tournament 6 times in over 50 years, and 3 of those times they let everyone in, you gotta work on brand recognition if you want to play reindeer games in the super important preseason poll.

Had a morning coffee and got caught up with the Glenville situation.

From an out of state perspective, there is something extremely wrong with those who do not comprehend that they should not be at a higher classification. They are essentially running a private school (which is integrated in Ohio of course) but considering the state is openly aware of how this works, it's not a matter of Glenville "cheating", they certainly are beat a system that your state organization seems to not even know there rules with competitive balance.

If this was happening in other states, you can bet other coaches would indeed boycott, be in arms, and cause changes, but my guess is since it's such a small classification to begin with, no one is making that big of a fuss about it...and it's a pipeline for Ohio State.

This is not much different than IMG Academy just on a smaller scale, however, there are still some parts to the organization that seem to be a conflict of interest. Correct if I'm wrong, overall, this team is probably a Top 7 team overall in the Cleveland area?

Happy things get rolling this week.

From an out of state perspective, there is something extremely wrong with those who do not comprehend that they should not be at a higher classification. They are essentially running a private school (which is integrated in Ohio of course) but considering the state is openly aware of how this works, it's not a matter of Glenville "cheating", they certainly are beat a system that your state organization seems to not even know there rules with competitive balance.

If this was happening in other states, you can bet other coaches would indeed boycott, be in arms, and cause changes, but my guess is since it's such a small classification to begin with, no one is making that big of a fuss about it...and it's a pipeline for Ohio State.

This is not much different than IMG Academy just on a smaller scale, however, there are still some parts to the organization that seem to be a conflict of interest. Correct if I'm wrong, overall, this team is probably a Top 7 team overall in the Cleveland area?

Beating a dead horse

is that my team hasn't tuck tail and ran from every challenge this century. WB may go 9-1 and still wont deserve to be in the conversation. Aside from the accidental week 1 stretch game that for sure isn’t being renewed, WB’s schedule is wearing heels so they can look tall in pictures.

View attachment 44121
You can’t just say Cougars nobody knows who that is yet. When you’ve only made the tournament 6 times in over 50 years, and 3 of those times they let everyone in, you gotta work on brand recognition if you want to play reindeer games in the super important preseason poll.
You can’t just say Knights nobody knows who that is yet. When you’ve only made the tournament 8 times in over 50 years you gotta work on brand recognition if you want to play reindeer games in the super important preseason poll.

Unless that excitement starts to draw in more talent, I don't see the Panther's doing as well as they did last year. I did lose a lot of respect for Fox...ditching your kids to move to the cross-town public school is really weak move.
Fox left for a substantial pay raise which EC could not match. Good move by Elyria superintendent who is an EC grad.

Fox left for a substantial pay raise which EC could not match. Good move by Elyria superintendent who is an EC grad.
Fox didn’t seek out the job. They came after him. I can’t remember the details I was told, but the previous coach…Culliver…left under some weird circumstances of his own doing and left Elyria scrambling. Chase Farris lobbied hard for the job, being a prominent alum, but something didn’t work out with him and the AD sought some outside help to identify a candidate and Fox was recommended to her and she made the offer. Farris then got the EC job. Time will tell, but I feel Elyria High got the better end of the deal. Not that Farris can’t do well at EC. I hope he does.

Wow what a jerk! Can't believe somebody would prioritize taking care of their actual family by taking a substantial pay raise for the exact same job in the exact same town. I bet he preaches loyalty too!

Here are facts, not opinion: West Branch has an all-time won-loss record of 394-252-6, including 41winning seasons, 15 losing seasons and six .500 finishes for an all-time winning percentage of .609, including a state football championship and a state semifinal trip. West Holmes has an all-time record of 311-291-5 for a winning percentage of .516 with 26 winning seasons, 26 losing seasons and seven .500 finishes, one state semifinal trip and no state championships. For the most recent history, in the past 10 years (including playoff games), West Branch has won 63 games and had three losing seasons, West Holmes has won 62 games and had four losing seasons.

Wow what a jerk! Can't believe somebody would prioritize taking care of their actual family by taking a substantial pay raise for the exact same job in the exact same town. I bet he preaches loyalty too!
Sadly, a lot of his EC players believed him when he said that they were a family. I guess it's never too early to learn that some adults will lie to children...especially when money is involved.

Sadly, a lot of his EC players believed him when he said that they were a family. I guess it's never too early to learn that some adults will lie to children...especially when money is involved.
These kids will be fine. They have a dynamic new coaching staff at EC. The kids should be there for the school first, not the football program. These kids will all someday face the same decisions Fox faced to better their families financial situation with a job change. Many of them will be approached with great offers from potential employers seeking their services, as Fox was.

Here are facts, not opinion: West Branch has an all-time won-loss record of 394-252-6, including 41winning seasons, 15 losing seasons and six .500 finishes for an all-time winning percentage of .609, including a state football championship and a state semifinal trip. West Holmes has an all-time record of 311-291-5 for a winning percentage of .516 with 26 winning seasons, 26 losing seasons and seven .500 finishes, one state semifinal trip and no state championships. For the most recent history, in the past 10 years (including playoff games), West Branch has won 63 games and had three losing seasons, West Holmes has won 62 games and had four losing seasons.
Lotta losing in those numbers…… what is a losing season 😂

Very unfortunate. He is literally ruining the best and most important time period in those kid's lives to selfishly provide for his wife/kids. Sounds like they got a good replacement but I can't imagine dealing with something as serious as a high school football coaching change. Hope the EC players turn out okay.

View attachment 44121
Say what?

BTW, 7 appearances for the Cougars

West Branch returns 4,000 yards of offense this season, and no, that's not a typo. Those yards by returning players were accumulated last season against some really talented football teams like Canfield, Woodridge, Alliance, Struthers and Akron Buchtel.
Still to be determined on how much the QB had to do with all those numbers. I watched the field game the new QB played pretty well, but doesn’t have the ability to move around like drew did. I think the kid will do well tho, offense will be fine, but if they don’t do something about the other side of the ball they’ll be in trouble

Still to be determined on how much the QB had to do with all those numbers. I watched the field game the new QB played pretty well, but doesn’t have the ability to move around like drew did. I think the kid will do well tho, offense will be fine, but if they don’t do something about the other side of the ball they’ll be in trouble
No offense to the coach or remaining kids on west branch but deshields was a HUGE reason for their success. Kid refused to lose.. hurt , healthy, against “better teams. Watching him last season I was in awe. Heck of a basketball player too.

It's funny how when DIV champ is not a private you hear all this crap. But when it's a private Champ we don't hear a peep. Can't have it both ways sugar cup.