Division II

top of DII

Lewis is the cream of the crop in DII. Followed by UCSD, Grand Canyon and Lees McCrae(who took Penn State to 5).

Lewis is the cream of the crop in DII. Followed by UCSD, Grand Canyon and Lees McCrae(who took Penn State to 5).

Think they meant Division 2 for Ohio High School....

North: Hoban or Walsh
West: Alter
South: Purcell or Roger Bacon
East: St. Charles or Watterson

Hoban is defending state champs but graduated a lot. Stil have Sokol. Alter brings backs almost everyone. Purcell has Sam Holt and some surrounding players. Bacon could surprise some people. St. Charles graduated some key players, but Sellan will be hard to stop! Watterson will probably be tough again.

Final Four: Hoban, Alter, St. Charles, Purcell - same as last year.

I agree with PM, SC and Alter, but I don't think Hoban will be able to make it out of the north. Without the setter they had last year, Sokol won't get set as much and besides that they really don't have an offense, or much in the backrow to get the ball near the slot. It won't take much to beat them. It will most likely be SC and Alter final depending unless they play in the semis. Sellan cam tear down and if they can get him the ball they might be able to beat Alter, who is just a really solid team.

I agree with PM, SC and Alter, but I don't think Hoban will be able to make it out of the north. Without the setter they had last year, Sokol won't get set as much and besides that they really don't have an offense, or much in the backrow to get the ball near the slot. It won't take much to beat them. It will most likely be SC and Alter final depending unless they play in the semis. Sellan cam tear down and if they can get him the ball they might be able to beat Alter, who is just a really solid team.

Hoban is 13th in the Nation - they will still carry some swagger. Walsh needs to step up tourney time to actually beat them. SC and Alter aren't in the poll although they probably should be. Surprised Centerville is ranked, same as St. Eds. Each have some big players coming back - but not a complete team.

ESPN Fab 50
#10 Elder
#11 Moeller
#13 Hoban
#29 St. X
#39 St. Eds
#41 Centerville

Hoban's the only DII team on that list. Probably should have posted this on the other thread.

Now in regards to these rankings, most of them have to do with last year's results. And there is no one any of these teams should be rated in the top 15 maybe top 20. It's nice recognition but Ohio vball can't really keep up with California, Illinois, Hawaii, etc.