Disqualified wrestler advances, while 2nd wrestler is Disqualified after tournament (same weight)!

I would assume if nothing is done by the end of the day today. Beau will stand firm on this and she will be wrestling. Crazy precedent made here. Hopefully all the pre regionals are on the same day next year to eliminate sleepy Beau making a decision
I feel that the Ohsaa should have stepped in by now. This is a bad look on the whole association, not just Beau. They’re letting him do whatever he pleases. People have been contacting him and complaining and he doesn’t care. It’s his way or the highway. He needs to go!

Does anyone have any idea when this wrestler was moved from a Friday sectional to a Saturday sectional due to concussion protocol? It should be possible to figure out. It had to be when some sectionals were fri/sat and sat only?

Does anyone have any idea when this wrestler was moved from a Friday sectional to a Saturday sectional due to concussion protocol? It should be possible to figure out. It had to be when some sectionals were fri/sat and sat only?
So he supposedly wrestled in a completely different sectional from his team?

Should you follow the rules? Of course but you see on a daily basis where the risk of a damning public opinion and/or ridicule is greater than integrity and following rules. I'm actually shocked that only 1 or 2 people brought this up, but the risk of national media getting a hold of the story and click bait headlines such as "Girl not allowed to Compete because She's on Her Period" being posted on every news outlet in America, are a much bigger concern than 40-50 HS wrestling coaches in the state of Ohio complaining and sending emails. You're going to email Beau a letter. Odds are some Equal Rights/Social Justice folks would take things much further because the reality is, a very large percentage of people don't care about facts and details. Their opinions are formulated purely by headlines and by the time those headlines make their way around, you have 100+ news outlets calling and showing up at your office. Email Beau all you like but until your threats carry more significance than the alternative, he'll keep responding telling you all to basically go f yourselves.

Should you follow the rules? Of course but you see on a daily basis where the risk of a damning public opinion and/or ridicule is greater than integrity and following rules. I'm actually shocked that only 1 or 2 people brought this up, but the risk of national media getting a hold of the story and click bait headlines such as "Girl not allowed to Compete because She's on Her Period" being posted on every news outlet in America, are a much bigger concern than 40-50 HS wrestling coaches in the state of Ohio complaining and sending emails. You're going to email Beau a letter. Odds are some Equal Rights/Social Justice folks would take things much further because the reality is, a very large percentage of people don't care about facts and details. Their opinions are formulated purely by headlines and by the time those headlines make their way around, you have 100+ news outlets calling and showing up at your office. Email Beau all you like but until your threats carry more significance than the alternative, he'll keep responding telling you all to basically go f yourselves.
If you’ve read a lot of the replies, the rumor is there was no period. They’ve also mentioned there being video surveillance of her just walking around the school for almost an hour. If this continues on girls wrestling will become a joke. You will forever have girls use their period as a reason to be able to weigh in late. What next, her period caused her to lose her finals match against Deerwester last year so she gets a redo? There has to be a line and right now Beau just took it away. Girls will forever use their lady problems as excuses if she gets away with this. And for the headlines of the news? People can take it to the news with the true side of the story about her walking around, Beaus email, and the discrimination against everyone who isn’t her. This girl should not be allowed to compete. Her season is over. If she wanted to wrestle she should’ve just weighed, but instead she LAUGHED when talking about how she missed them. This is on nobody but herself and her coaches. If she wanted a state run she should’ve weighed Friday at her original sectional like every other girl did!

If you’ve read a lot of the replies, the rumor is there was no period. They’ve also mentioned there being video surveillance of her just walking around the school for almost an hour. If this continues on girls wrestling will become a joke. You will forever have girls use their period as a reason to be able to weigh in late. What next, her period caused her to lose her finals match against Deerwester last year so she gets a redo? There has to be a line and right now Beau just took it away. Girls will forever use their lady problems as excuses if she gets away with this. And for the headlines of the news? People can take it to the news with the true side of the story about her walking around, Beaus email, and the discrimination against everyone who isn’t her. This girl should not be allowed to compete. Her season is over. If she wanted to wrestle she should’ve just weighed, but instead she LAUGHED when talking about how she missed them. This is on nobody but herself and her coaches. If she wanted a state run she should’ve weighed Friday at her original sectional like every other girl did!
Again, that's not the headline and headlines > facts. By the time anyone learns any of the details, you've already been found guilty in the court of public opinion. It's not just news. It's mindless shares on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms. You can hate it all you want but that's the reality and liberal news outlets will love this especially. Adult white male in position of power DQ's girl because of her period. By the time that makes it's way around, the facts of the case will be merely flakes of fish food in the ocean.

Like I said before. Until the risk of Beau's decision outweigh the potential consequences of DQing her, you're going to get nowhere. Not saying it's right, not saying I agree, not saying I like it but that's 100% the reason behind this decision.

So he supposedly wrestled in a completely different sectional from his team?
That's what I'm trying to figure out? If similar situations have happened a dozen times, I'd like to know about them too.

This seems outlandish, although it's still an apples to oranges comparison. One wrestler never would have had the initial opportunity to compete. This situation had a wrestler initially entered in one pre-regional and then DQ'd and then entered into another?

That's what I'm trying to figure out? If similar situations have happened a dozen times, I'd like to know about them too.

This seems outlandish, although it's still an apples to oranges comparison. One wrestler never would have had the initial opportunity to compete. This situation had a wrestler initially entered in one pre-regional and then DQ'd and then entered into another?
Agree. The 2 situations are not really comparable. An injury, which uses a completely arbitrary measure to allow returning, compared to not weighing in, in the case of the girl. But at the same time if the concussed kid then went on to qualify to district, how was that fair to the other kids in that sectional? It makes no sense in either of these situations to allow them to wrestle.

you would think that a wrestler competing in a sectional that was different from his team would have had big news and wrestling people would have zero issue coming up with who/when

Reactions: jct
Again, that's not the headline and headlines > facts. By the time anyone learns any of the details, you've already been found guilty in the court of public opinion. It's not just news. It's mindless shares on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms. You can hate it all you want but that's the reality and liberal news outlets will love this especially. Adult white male in position of power DQ's girl because of her period. By the time that makes it's way around, the facts of the case will be merely flakes of fish food in the ocean.

Like I said before. Until the risk of Beau's decision outweigh the potential consequences of DQing her, you're going to get nowhere. Not saying it's right, not saying I agree, not saying I like it but that's 100% the reason behind this decision.
BINGO! Fun2Bme hit the nail on the head here. People are crucified all the time in the court of public opinion based on mere headlines. Thing are so easy to share on social media without knowing the facts. And when the facts do come out it's too late and the news cycle has moved on and news outlets don't go back and put the actual facts out there. People that shared on social media won't go back and delete our retract what they've done.

Beau doesn't want that heat even if the facts are there. He wants to avoid the headlines. Not saying it's right but that's how it is.

Next year all girls pre-regionals need to be on the same day.

I’m still not clear why menstruation is an impediment, and how this could be the first time that it has occurred for female wrestlers.
Me too! As a father of two athlete girls, I'm genuinely curious. Realistically, this must happen from time to time in all sports and in fact many inconvenient situations in life.

Again, I'm a dude, but my understanding informed by living with 3 women for + 25 years is that it's for the most part predictable and easily managed.

Last edited:
Question - Why is this thread titled “Disqualified wrestler advances”?
Answer - Because, if it was titled “female wrestler enters two regionals”, no one would open it because no one cares.
Most of you “New Users” must realize that girls are riding on the shirt-tails of the boys… all the way to the Schott.
As you can see, even the OHSAA admin doesn’t look at girls wrestling as a legitimate “venture”.
Sorry, and good luck with your venture.

Last edited:
Answer - Because, if it was titled “female wrestler enters two regionals”, no one would open it because no one cares.
Most of you “New Users” must realize that girls are riding on the shirt-tails of the boys… all the way to the Schott.
As you can see, even the OHSAA admin doesn’t look at girls wrestling as a legitimate “venture”.
And the troll is back!!!

WishYouWereHere- It's so great to have you back buddy! I missed your misogynistic girl wrestling hating comments! SMH

Or maybe because the simple fact boy or girl wrestler it doesn’t matter? A disqualified wrestler had a second chance to compete. Boy or girl doesn’t matter it’s against the rules.

You're the worst on here and that says a lot. A bunch of delusion St. Eds fans post on here. Good thing the Catholics over at the other dominant catholic wrestling school, STPG, are respectable or this would be completely unbearable to read.

What a well-written comment!

The alternative that Beau and the OHSAA could be dealing with is way worse than everyone being mad on Yappi. The court of public opinion would hammer him and the OHSAA terribly. It wouldn't matter if he was "right" or not.

One thing to think about, is you don't really know what it's like to make these kinds of decisions until you are the one in charge (read Teddy Roosevelt's Man In the Arena speech).

What a well-written comment!

The alternative that Beau and the OHSAA could be dealing with is way worse than everyone being mad on Yappi. The court of public opinion would hammer him and the OHSAA terribly. It wouldn't matter if he was "right" or not.

One thing to think about, is you don't really know what it's like to make these kinds of decisions until you are the one in charge (read Teddy Roosevelt's Man In the Arena speech).

I actually understand that position and wouldn't fault ohsaa for going that route. State something like

"As we feel the athlete in this situation would have been granted permission to leave the designated weigh in area if they had asked permission, and out an abundance of caution regarding possible litigation, we've allowed the disqualified wrestler to move to another regional. This one time decision is not indicative of a mistake on the original disqualification of the athlete, and we do believe this could be avoided in the future by adhering to the specific weigh in rules. We reiterate that we believe this wrestler was not actively attempting to lose weight, and in the future missing weight would not be a valid reason for a move from one regional to another."

What I think is unacceptable and insulting is the comment about this having been done in the past on the boys side, specifically regarding concussion protocol... even 1 time to me would have been widely discussed news, and then to further say it's happened dozens of times without anyone recalling seems unlikely but maybe it's happened?

I actually understand that position and wouldn't fault ohsaa for going that route. State something like

"As we feel the athlete in this situation would have been granted permission to leave the designated weigh in area if they had asked permission, and out an abundance of caution regarding possible litigation, we've allowed the disqualified wrestler to move to another regional. This one time decision is not indicative of a mistake on the original disqualification of the athlete, and we do believe this could be avoided in the future by adhering to the specific weigh in rules. We reiterate that we believe this wrestler was not actively attempting to lose weight, and in the future missing weight would not be a valid reason for a move from one regional to another."

What I think is unacceptable and insulting is the comment about this having been done in the past on the boys side, specifically regarding concussion protocol... even 1 time to me would have been widely discussed news, and then to further say it's happened dozens of times without anyone recalling seems unlikely but maybe it's happened?
I just wonder if this situation would've happened with any wrestler or if this is an act of favoritism. I just think allowing it once is going to continue causing this same situation in the future.

If a disqualified wrestler gets to the state final, will there be a raised stage...
i think losing the stage was gone about wrong by those wanting to keep it.
the girls should have complained that they wanted it in a matter of fairness
seems like complaining and threatening equity carries a lot of weight

What about the 2nd girl? How is she still disqualified, but this other girl is allowed to wrestle? 1 made weight and qualified in her team assigned Pre Regional. 1 did not make weight initially and qualified at a Pre Regional different than her team. 1 will not be wrestling this this weekend and the other will.