Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Celina by 1-8

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Celina by 9-16

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Celina by 17+

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Not a whole lot of posts on here about Bishop Watterson, but just looking at their schedule they had a trio of impressive wins in back-to-back weeks with Tiffin Columbian, Chardon, and Bishop Hartley. Columbian played in the R10 championship, Chardon is the R9 champion playing in the other D3 state semifinal. Watterson also knocked off last year's D3 state runner-up Bloom-Carroll in the regional semifinals.

Both Bishop Watterson & Celina have a strong resume of wins against quality teams. Should be a great game.

BW definitely has the more impressive schedule, and should be undefeated (anything can happen in a rivalry), while Celina has 2 ugly losses, but looks great right now. This should be a close game as it is the final 4. Such an impressive run for the bulldogs, but I see it ending Friday in close one

Not a whole lot of posts on here about Bishop Watterson, but just looking at their schedule they had a trio of impressive wins in back-to-back weeks with Tiffin Columbian, Chardon, and Bishop Hartley. Columbian played in the R10 championship, Chardon is the R9 champion playing in the other D3 state semifinal. Watterson also knocked off last year's D3 state runner-up Bloom-Carroll in the regional semifinals.

Both Bishop Watterson & Celina have a strong resume of wins against quality teams. Should be a great game.
they are too civilized for message boards, unlike us mouthbreathing neanderthals

It's not like their actual offense or defense has changed, but I think you can see they've been playing their best football of the season as well. It's easy to make a case they beat 3 of the best teams in R12 on their way to this game in Trotwood, Tipp City, and then Badin.
The Dogs will play for the Chip next week at 3. They are on a magical ride, and I don’t think it’s stops Friday.

How many ex-Buckeyes have sons on BW? I know Jeff Uhlenhake (asst. oline coach for Watty) does, any others?

I was asking that same question to myself.

Is Drew Bellisari (QB/S) for Bishop Watterson related to the former Buckeye QB Steve Bellisari? I know he is not his son but thinking a nephew?

I was asking that same question to myself.

Is Drew Bellisari (QB/S) for Bishop Watterson related to the former Buckeye QB Steve Bellisari? I know he is not his son but thinking a nephew?
It’s his uncle. Former D lineman Greg is his dad. Jerry Rudzinski’s son graduated last year, Urban Meyers son a few years back. It’s a popular place for old Buckeyes sons

Don't forget Hoying.
It’s just not fair! How is Watterson able to recruit all these families?! What shady deals are they offering them under the table? Or maybe just maybe there is something about the school and program that attracts those families to want to send their kids there….just like almost every other family out there that decides to send their child to what they perceive to be a better situation for them to succeed and grow whether it’s St Ed’s, Pick Central, or Richmond Heights

It’s just not fair! How is Watterson able to recruit all these families?! What shady deals are they offering them under the table? Or maybe just maybe there is something about the school and program that attracts those families to want to send their kids there….just like almost every other family out there that decides to send their child to what they perceive to be a better situation for them to succeed and grow whether it’s St Ed’s, Pick Central, or Richmond Heights
Celina families choose Celina schools because of the water.

Celina has a great chance. I watched Bishop Watterson vs Chardon and personally wasn't very impressed. The QB isn't nearly as good to the QBs Celina has faced in the playoffs. Bishop seem to pass the ball more and personally that is the strength of Celinas defense. Celinas offense is very dynamic and it's very hard to predict which direction they're running the ball. Bishops runningback looked good but if Celina can make the changes on defense to stop the run and make them pass Celina will cause turnovers! Last week against Baden it took up until the 4th QT to change up the defense but they got it done when it mattered most! Let's go Dogs!

Celina families choose Celina schools because of the water.
The only reason to choose Celina was CTown wings, but with them retiring and selling and something else going in its place......RIP Celina. That sweet heat wings and their wood fired grilled burgers were unmatched by anyone.

Celina has a great chance. I watched Bishop Watterson vs Chardon and personally wasn't very impressed. The QB isn't nearly as good to the QBs Celina has faced in the playoffs. Bishop seem to pass the ball more and personally that is the strength of Celinas defense. Celinas offense is very dynamic and it's very hard to predict which direction they're running the ball. Bishops runningback looked good but if Celina can make the changes on defense to stop the run and make them pass Celina will cause turnovers! Last week against Baden it took up until the 4th QT to change up the defense but they got it done when it mattered most! Let's go Dogs!
:) No doubt, they should have rolled Chardon - its almost like playing Lima Bath or Kenton right? BW QB is very solid, you underestimate him significantly. If Celina has much success on offense I will be very surprised. BW by 2+ touchdowns in this one. Region 12 other than Wapak was very weak...

2x in 14 games has BW given up more than 14 points and they have played an extremely tough schedule. Their defense is legit with players all over the field, you will have to compete for every yard and nothing will be easy. Hope I am wrong but Celina better play some defense to keep them in it Friday. I would not expect Celina offense to go off like they have been.

:) No doubt, they should have rolled Chardon - its almost like playing Lima Bath or Kenton right? BW QB is very solid, you underestimate him significantly. If Celina has much success on offense I will be very surprised. BW by 2+ touchdowns in this one. Region 12 other than Wapak was very weak..
:) No doubt, they should have rolled Chardon - its almost like playing Lima Bath or Kenton right? BW QB is very solid, you underestimate him significantly. If Celina has much success on offense I will be very surprised. BW by 2+ touchdowns in this one. Region 12 other than Wapak was very weak...
Haha Trotwood and Baden in my opinion we're the best teams! Now that Toledo team TCC is no doubt tough. Might have some size but Celina kids are much tougher! Your team better be ready to hit!

Not my team, I have watched them play my school though and was very impressed with them defensively. They don't have many weaknesses, very balanced and deep team across every phase.

2x in 14 games has BW given up more than 14 points and they have played an extremely tough schedule. Their defense is legit with players all over the field, you will have to compete for every yard and nothing will be easy. Hope I am wrong but Celina better play some defense to keep them in it Friday. I would not expect Celina offense to go off like they have been.
Look at Trotwoods defense! They didn't give much up at all! Celina is creative will find ways to score. Defensive side of the ball we need to stop run first. Wapak had the best defense in all of D3! If 3 key players don't get injured they roll over Baden 20 something to ZERO! Wapak was a solid team which if healthy hate to say it beat Celina! Their RB was easily 225 lbs and 5-10 yards per carry nobody could stop him. Qb went out with a broken collarbone 2nd qt and rb injured 3rd qt!

Look at Trotwoods defense! They didn't give much up at all! Celina is creative will find ways to score. Defensive side of the ball we need to stop run first. Wapak had the best defense in all of D3! If 3 key players don't get injured they roll over Baden 20 something to ZERO! Wapak was a solid team which if healthy hate to say it beat Celina! Their RB was easily 225 lbs and 5-10 yards per carry nobody could stop him. Qb went out with a broken collarbone 2nd qt and rb injured 3rd qt!
Ok bud, good luck :)

Badin only gave up more than 14 points twice as well. Celina put up 14 more than Trotwood’s next closest opponent, which was an 11-3 Alter. Celina also scored more than any of Tipp’s opponent too.

great article on the last time Celina went this far:

Badin only gave up more than 14 points twice as well. Celina put up 14 more than Trotwood’s next closest opponent, which was an 11-3 Alter. Celina also scored more than any of Tipp’s opponent too.
Exactly you can't go by that! I'm basing everything I'm saying on watching Bishop vs Chardon game. I seriously wasn't impressed at all. That being said it's watching on YouTube and not live so that is a bit more difficult to judge.

great article on the last time Celina went this far:
Ha I was on that team! We lost bad to Lebanon who had a RB Kelton Lindsey who went to Ohio State!

Exactly you can't go by that! I'm basing everything I'm saying on watching Bishop vs Chardon game. I seriously wasn't impressed at all. That being said it's watching on YouTube and not live so that is a bit more difficult to judge.
Hopefully you can find your way to Xenia Friday night. I will guarantee
You it’s much more impressive Live than on YouTube. Unreal though
Chardon May Have the Best Defense in D3. You must be a tough Guy to impress.
Good Luck to Both Teams. Play your Best Friday Night.