Daryl Hall Files For Restraining Order Against John Oates In Legal Drama

Yappi

Go Buckeyes

Daryl Hall Files For Restraining Order Against John Oates In Legal Drama

The beloved band Hall & Oates best known for hits like “Rich Girl” and “Private Eyes” are involved in a mysterious legal rift.

Daryl Hall, 77, one half of the ’70s pop rock duo, is suing Oates, 75, but details involving the case are unclear as the case remains sealed, according to Variety.

IMG_9447.gif

Aw, prob a publicity stunt. Before you know it they’ll be singing this on stage just like in the old days, old days, old days.

To me, the most interesting part of the law suit is the restraining order. Don't you need a legitimate reason for a restraining order to be granted? Reasons like stalking, harassing, intimidating, threats of violence, etc.

To me, the most interesting part of the law suit is the restraining order. Don't you need a legitimate reason for a restraining order to be granted? Reasons like stalking, harassing, intimidating, threats of violence, etc.
It can be a restraining order against any action- stalking, harassment, using someone's music or intellectual property... In a civil context it is often used to stop a harmful ongoing conduct while a civil case for damages is pending, alleging that irreparable harm will occur or continue to occur is the conduct is allowed to continue.

It can be a restraining order against any action- stalking, harassment, using someone's music or intellectual property... In a civil context it is often used to stop a harmful ongoing conduct while a civil case for damages is pending, alleging that contorlirreparable harm will occur or continue to occur is the conduct is allowed to continue.
This.

Who owns what...who can play what...who controls what....it's big business and maybe selling their catalog rights.

It all comes down to leagaleeze.....control the rights....control the $$

The ongoing series of shows with various musicians jamming with Darryl Hall at his home studio was pretty good. I don’t think Oates did much on his own.
One of their songs just popped up in a TV ad. Maybe they had a conflict over that ?

Eddie Trunk talked of this the other day and I'll go back and see what if any insight he had. From what I gathered...one rode rhe coattails of the other

Let me know what episode. Definitely has the best insight for things like this.
Nov 27th around a half hour in.
As I speculated because I am, of course, thavoice of everything, has to come down to $$ as Oates is trying to do a deal to sell his portion the hall and oates empire/publishing/catalog. Hall is against the deal and the restraining order blocks it.

Also, Oates wants go out and do his own shows and Hall is blocking some songs that he can play when he does his own shows.

Now you know.....the rest of the story.

Eddie Trunk, the rock music RainMan

His 40th anniversary in rock is I believe this weekend in Vegas.

Side notes....>Kiss. Paul Stanley has been sick and cancelled some shows in Canada. Doubt he can make them up.

Also........Gene or Paul has recently stated that they are done touring (in makeup) and the last two words made a lot of people wonder, Trunk included!

Nov 27th around a half hour in.
As I speculated because I am, of course, thavoice of everything, has to come down to $$ as Oates is trying to do a deal to sell his portion the hall and oates empire/publishing/catalog. Hall is against the deal and the restraining order blocks it.

Also, Oates wants go out and do his own shows and Hall is blocking some songs that he can play when he does his own shows.

Now you know.....the rest of the story.

Eddie Trunk, the rock music RainMan

His 40th anniversary in rock is I believe this weekend in Vegas.

Side notes....>Kiss. Paul Stanley has been sick and cancelled some shows in Canada. Doubt he can make them up.

Also........Gene or Paul has recently stated that they are done touring (in makeup) and the last two words made a lot of people wonder, Trunk included!
Selling one’s own music catalog is a popular thing these days. Seeing the financial figures, I understand why. Especially for those artists who will never have another hit record. Shared rights will make this sticky.

The Kiss stuff regarding tours and makeup leads me to believe—it is never over until death. Haha.

Selling one’s own music catalog is a popular thing these days. Seeing the financial figures, I understand why. Especially for those artists who will never have another hit record. Shared rights will make this sticky.

The Kiss stuff regarding tours and makeup leads me to believe—it is never over until death. Haha.
Generally it is your past catalog that gets sold, and most really dont come out with new stuff or if it does they dont make it big with them. It is essentially, to my knowledge, getting all the royalties fees up front instead of a monthly/yearly or what they call in the biz 'mailbox money'.

Then its up to who buys it to market it and make that money back. It is def a long term play for these guys who buy the catalogs.

I went to the farewell tour show in Cleveland in 2019...4 years later they were back in Cleveland saying farewell 🤣