D7 R25 2023

2-headed monster at RB right now, and a QB who can run AND sling it around. But the biggest difference, Dalton has a championship caliber defense right now.
I'll counter this and say that Dalton's skill is ... OK. Tough kids who play hard, but they don't look to be any different than anyone else in the region/area.

The difference in Dalton is that line is ELITE. The biggest question for them, will they be able to maintain that dominance late in the season when the Dariette closes? ; )

The difference in Dalton is that line is ELITE. The biggest question for them, will they be able to maintain that dominance late in the season when the Dariette closes?
I'd agree. IMO, the 2021 Bulldogs had better skill. This year's line seems to be very, very good.

Coming home from Rogers flea market Friday, we thought about stopping in for a bite at the Dariette. I've never ate there.

Part of me feels nervous about the Hillsdale game this year, and part of me thinks we havent forgotten last year and will be them by 40 this year as revenge.
I'm sure the kids remember that game. Dial respects Cline so I doubt you'll see him ring em. Will Dalton be able to stop the option this year? They couldn't last year will this be any different?

I'm sure the kids remember that game. Dial respects Cline so I doubt you'll see him ring em. Will Dalton be able to stop the option this year? They couldn't last year will this be any different?
Come on, Bob. Of course Dalton will stop the option. After all, they're Dalton. Hillsdale is no match. Dalton has already been crowned.

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

I'll counter this and say that Dalton's skill is ... OK. Tough kids who play hard, but they don't look to be any different than anyone else in the region/area.

The difference in Dalton is that line is ELITE. The biggest question for them, will they be able to maintain that dominance late in the season when the Dariette closes? ; )
Sammy & Siders vs Schlabach & Malone is splitting hairs to me. The latter is way more skilled but both can get it done & both can (or were) be stopped.

I agree 100% that they will live & die by their offensive & defensive line play. I mean we are only 9 quarters removed from watching them getting their asses handed to them with a steady dose of power in that 3rd quarter of the regional semi.

The WQKT folks never mentioned NMS or Lucas as contenders in R25. They mentioned Dalton, JFK, Hillsdale and Danville. Hmmmmm.

Playoff wins over the last 4 years:
JFK - 15
NMS - 14
Lucas - 11

Dalton - 7
Danville - 4
Hillsdale - 4

The WQKT folks never mentioned NMS or Lucas as contenders in R25. They mentioned Dalton, JFK, Hillsdale and Danville. Hmmmmm.

JFK - 15
NMS - 14
Lucas - 11

Dalton - 7
Danville - 4
Hillsdale - 4
Yeah. Should have been only talking about JFK

JFK - 15
NMS - 14
Lucas - 11
Dalton - 7

Danville - 4
Hillsdale - 4
The bolded schools also haven’t had the misfortune of playing the Evil Empire in their region, whereas Danville has.

This prompted me to look back as well, forgot about the Mathews person talking them up lol. The Mustangs are looking at a 3 win season now after getting beat by Newton Falls.
I am trying to remain as optimistic as they come, but taking Sebring's spot on so many schedules was a mistake... I give Coach Bohren all the credit in the world for what he did with the program, but it was and is not ready to be thrown back to the wolves. Don't take me the wrong way, as an alum, I love and I support Mathews football, but I won't turn a blind eye to reality and the truth. I am also happy that Mathews did not accept that invitation they had to join the MVAC. I feel kind of like a hypocrite, when Mathews left the ICL for the now defunct East Suburban Conference and now the Northeastern Athletic Conference I was one of the biggest mouths against it, and how 20 odd years has changed my perspective on things. I still hate running all over Eastern Ohio and West Virginia for games, I would much rather stay close to home, play local small schools. I remember the whippings we got in the ICL, but I miss everything that came with it, the gates were massive, big marching bands, packed stands, great football teams. Will just have to wait and see how this year ends up and recorded....

I am trying to remain as optimistic as they come, but taking Sebring's spot on so many schedules was a mistake... I give Coach Bohren all the credit in the world for what he did with the program, but it was and is not ready to be thrown back to the wolves. Don't take me the wrong way, as an alum, I love and I support Mathews football, but I won't turn a blind eye to reality and the truth. I am also happy that Mathews did not accept that invitation they had to join the MVAC. I feel kind of like a hypocrite, when Mathews left the ICL for the now defunct East Suburban Conference and now the Northeastern Athletic Conference I was one of the biggest mouths against it, and how 20 odd years has changed my perspective on things. I still hate running all over Eastern Ohio and West Virginia for games, I would much rather stay close to home, play local small schools. I remember the whippings we got in the ICL, but I miss everything that came with it, the gates were massive, big marching bands, packed stands, great football teams. Will just have to wait and see how this year ends up and recorded....
Looks like the Mustangs are looking at 3-7 very tough schedule, Bohren is a legend in the area but that is his M.O. not to stay in any place too long and get out when the schedule is brutal.

It wasn’t meant as a slight to Mathews either, Bohren took a program with one foot in the grave, playing 8-man and brought them winning records (albeit against one of the worst schedules in the state). But the poster making claims that the mustangs would be better than McDonald and Lowellville and talk of reaching the heights of Dalton and Springfield was what triggered the callback.

It wasn’t meant as a slight to Mathews either, Bohren took a program with one foot in the grave, playing 8-man and brought them winning records (albeit against one of the worst schedules in the state). But the poster making claims that the mustangs would be better than McDonald and Lowellville and talk of reaching the heights of Dalton and Springfield was what triggered the callback.
I didn't think it was a slight..... I do and have respected your thoughts and opinions on here. You speak the truth, and your not wearing purple hazed glasses. I've been to the last two games versus Ravenna Southeast & Newton Falls... If their heads are in the game they have a decent defense for a small school, against other schools like them, but their offense is extremely limited. Bohren had a lot more options last year it seems, then what is happening on the field this year. I will keep watching and supporting, will see how much is left playing the gauntlet, still with Lowellville, Springfield, and Mineral Ridge to come....