D II State Semi-Final: Massillon (12-1) vs Archbishop Hoban (13-1)

Who wins?

• Hoban

Votes: 121 55.8%
  • Massillon

Votes: 96 44.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Are they really "your own" (whatever that means)?
2. That's a 2-way street. They will be excited to go against Massillon.
I mean they were a Tiger before a Knight.. and of course anyone would be excited to go against your old team from pee wee to the pros.

Last edited:
Like I say for many games, the winner of this game wins the LOS . (barring not getting crushed in the turnover battle). It should be a very physical game, and the more physical will win.
LOS --> bingo. All the noise aside, this is typically what it comes down to (along with turnovers)

Moeller beats Massillon
Massillon beats Ed’s
Ed’s beat Moeller

Hoban is at another level with most of the other schools in the state, but those three mentioned above are the cream.

To be fair, the Moeller and Massillon matchup was week 1 when most teams aren't all in yet. I wonder if the result would be different if Moeller and Massillon met now or later in the season?

They matched the teams to minimize the chance of an all north final. They've done that kind of thing for decades.

:ROFLMAO: Travel is the main consideration

Last 10 years; state titles in D2 by region.
R8 has 6 titles [WW, LaSalle, Loveland]
R5 has 3 titles [Hoban has all 3]
R6 has 1 title [TCC]

Speaking of 2-way streets. Lol.

Kids dad grew up in and played for Massillon....one kid left for Hoban AFTER sophomore year, the other left for Hoban AFTER freshman year and you ask if they're "our own".

Now, I don't really know if they could/would/should be considered "our own", but what I DO know is that you and your boyfriends have considered our transfer ins "Beachwoods own" for a couple of years now.

Thank you so much for making it easy to point out your hypocrisy.
You conveniently forgot to mention that that family doesn't even live in the Massillon City School District.

I mention that in reference to the "our own" topic.

Forgot how annoying I found Hoban-Massillon threads....

Anyway, Hoban has relied on their O-Line all season which has been quietly great, except against St Ed's, who had the only D-line the Knights faced who could push around their O-Line. From what I've seen, Massillon doesn't have a D-Line like St Ed's, and played around Ed's D-Line instead of going through it like Hoban tried to. I'm guessing Hoban scores a few times here.

Hoban's defense is great top to bottom, but so is Massillon's passing attack. The problem here is that passing isn't going to eat up enough clock, and Hoban knows how to play with and preserve a lead.

I predict Hoban in a close game with very few punts - thinking 33-28 (Hoban has been missing a few XPs lately)

Umm, actually this is probably one of the best D lines I've seen at Massillon in a long long time. And on top of that every single player on Massillon's defense swarms to the ball carrier unlike previous years where Massillon had maybe 1, 2, 3, or 4 defense players sleeping or not putting much effort. This is by far one of Massillon's better defenses that has not been seen since at least Rick Shepas days.

Umm, actually this is probably one of the best D lines I've seen at Massillon in a long long time. And on top of that every single player on Massillon's defense swarms to the ball carrier unlike previous years where Massillon had maybe 1, 2, 3, or 4 defense players sleeping or not putting much effort. This is by far one of Massillon's better defenses that has not been seen since at least Rick Shepas days.
Not sure about the part where you say that Massillon has had people not playing hard in previous years (makes me think you don’t watch games)…the defense has been good for 5+ years now. Some years better than others and this is possibly the best in the current run. We will see on Friday.

Not sure about the part where you say that Massillon has had people not playing hard in previous years (makes me think you don’t watch games)…the defense has been good for 5+ years now. Some years better than others and this is possibly the best in the current run. We will see on Friday.

Clearly you don't watch them and clearly you don't read a post in its entirety.

I don't know. You never met my ex wife and ex in-laws.
Yes, as in I started it this morning and finished watching it like 20 minutes ago.

I was literally still watching the game when I first commented
Come on boys….. you’re arguing weather or not 1 of you watched a game and what time of day you watched it? You must be seriously bored or told to go to your room by Mom 🤔

Come on boys….. you’re arguing weather or not 1 of you watched a game and what time of day you watched it? You must be seriously bored or told to go to your room by Mom 🤔
Yeah I really wasn’t expecting to have to explain that “just watched a game” didn’t mean that I started and finished a game in 1 minute 😂😂

Does anywhere in Akron sell Busch Light? White Owls and 40's are not my cup of tea, and usually when I go to a gas station with steel bars over the windows, they don't have the beer I prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.