Cuyahoga Falls

Reggie_Dunlop

I'm just curious as to why they haven't moved on from Parker? I realize he is a blue blood in the Falls, but it's time!

According to Joe Eitel, the Black Tigers are a pathetic 5-55 since 2017!

Those five wins came against :
  • 2018: Brecksville (0-10)
  • 2019: Normandy (0-10)
  • 2019: Akron Springfield (1-10)
  • 20:21 Akron North (0-10)
  • 2022: Akron North (1-7)
Are you kidding me? That's flat out humiliating!

I know people will say that they lose kids to Woodridge, Walsh, CVCA, etc. However, it is the responsibility of the Head Coach to sell his program and keep the kids in the district. Cuyahoga Falls is building a new school, stadium, and practice facilities. A new coach should be able to capitalize on this and get kids excited and proud to be a Black Tiger!

shadow1479

Painful to be a black tiger! I hope the new school and stadium helps but they have been in a death spiral as a program for years. Thoughts And Prayers!

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
They are finally in the right league after years of being mismatched. They are playing local teams with relatively smaller class sizes. It may take some time but they will turn things around. It may sound like an excuse but there are other easily accessible places to play football right next to Cuyahoga Falls. Losing a few kids could hurt any program. Losing a few kids every year definitely hurts a program.

Smoove Mooves

There needs to be a bond between the school, community, and the businesses in the area. The program can be turned around, and I believe that when it does, the community will fall in line and get behind it. Then the businesses will advertise and people will go to these businesses before and after games, rather than during the games. Come on, Black Tigers, let's go out and attend one game a year, and show the kids you care, I mean, really show them you care rather than saying, "Well, I pay my property taxes that shows my support.", Nah, gotta get out and give the support.

clarkgriswold

There needs to be a bond between the school, community, and the businesses in the area. The program can be turned around, and I believe that when it does, the community will fall in line and get behind it. Then the businesses will advertise and people will go to these businesses before and after games, rather than during the games. Come on, Black Tigers, let's go out and attend one game a year, and show the kids you care, I mean, really show them you care rather than saying, "Well, I pay my property taxes that shows my support.", Nah, gotta get out and give the support.

Good call Smoove. The problem is that too few people give a damn and with every loss more and more interest is lost. There needs to be a community wide commitment to the youth program on up.

As a D2 school, they lost by a combined total of 245-21 to D3 teams! They've already been moved down to the small school division and the junior high league level isn't available.

rghrider98

It's bad over there. I was told the middle school won it's first game in like 5 years this year. Numbers are painfully low. No freshman team. Barely have a JV and they may have not even played some JV games this year. It's not a desirable job at all right now. The new school is the only hope.

Any kid worth anything gets out as soon as high school hits. Not sure it can be saved. The demographics aren't what they used to be.

xhscoach

They are finally in the right league after years of being mismatched. They are playing local teams with relatively smaller class sizes. It may take some time but they will turn things around. It may sound like an excuse but there are other easily accessible places to play football right next to Cuyahoga Falls. Losing a few kids could hurt any program. Losing a few kids every year definitely hurts a program.
With all due respect to the proprietor of the site, I disagree. They should do everything they can to get into the Metro. Get Buckeye to join them as a package deal.

Bull GreenDog

I see its time for the annual "Why is Cuyahoga Falls so bad" thread. One of Summit County's great Yappi traditions along with its twin, the annual "Why is Akron Springfield so bad" thread. If I were on the Cuyahoga Falls school board, this is what I would propose:

Forget the Suburban League or joining the Metro league, Falls should apply to join the Akron City Series along with Springfield. I'm sure the league would be thrilled to expand to 8 schools and stop having to schedule two extra non-league games weeks 4-5 every year, and it would give the Akron teams two more stadiums to play games at. For Falls and Springfield, joining would provide a chance to win more than one game a year and finally bring some positive momentum to their programs. It would be a win-win situation for all involved.

Brooksie

I see its time for the annual "Why is Cuyahoga Falls so bad" thread. One of Summit County's great Yappi traditions along with its twin, the annual "Why is Akron Springfield so bad" thread. If I were on the Cuyahoga Falls school board, this is what I would propose:

Forget the Suburban League or joining the Metro league, Falls should apply to join the Akron City Series along with Springfield. I'm sure the league would be thrilled to expand to 8 schools and stop having to schedule two extra non-league games weeks 4-5 every year, and it would give the Akron teams two more stadiums to play games at. For Falls and Springfield, joining would provide a chance to win more than one game a year and finally bring some positive momentum to their programs. It would be a win-win situation for all involved.
That idea makes a whole lot of sense.

Brooksie

The other immediate positive for this move, if it were to happen, is it rekindles two series now as league games - one with a particularly long history.

IIRC, Ellet and Springfield used to play each other on a regular basis. Prior to joining the Akron City Series, didn't Ellet belong to the Metro Conference where Springfield was also a member?

I know Falls and Akron North have been playing each other as well for at least the last couple of seasons.

If this move were to happen, as Bull GreenDog said, it would give the City Series five available stadiums (3 with lights) for each week of league play.

Spot50

I'm just curious as to why they haven't moved on from Parker? I realize he is a blue blood in the Falls, but it's time!

According to Joe Eitel, the Black Tigers are a pathetic 5-55 since 2017!

Those five wins came against :
  • 2018: Brecksville (0-10)
  • 2019: Normandy (0-10)
  • 2019: Akron Springfield (1-10)
  • 20:21 Akron North (0-10)
  • 2022: Akron North (1-7)
Are you kidding me? That's flat out humiliating!

I know people will say that they lose kids to Woodridge, Walsh, CVCA, etc. However, it is the responsibility of the Head Coach to sell his program and keep the kids in the district. Cuyahoga Falls is building a new school, stadium, and practice facilities. A new coach should be able to capitalize on this and get kids excited and proud to be a Black Tiger!
Having coached at CF, the administration and community cares more about the band than athletics. Throw in the change in demographics, poor facilities and questionable HC selections, the results should not surprise anyone. Perhaps the new facilities will change attitudes. A successful football program has to start at the youth level continuing through the Middle School to the High School. A complete overall is needed with a seasoned coach to right the ship with the support of the administration. It can be accomplished.

rghrider98

Having coached at CF, the administration and community cares more about the band than athletics. Throw in the change in demographics, poor facilities and questionable HC selections, the results should not surprise anyone. Perhaps the new facilities will change attitudes. A successful football program has to start at the youth level continuing through the Middle School to the High School. A complete overall is needed with a seasoned coach to right the ship with the support of the administration. It can be accomplished.
The youth program isn't in good shape either. The overhaul is a very long and arduous task to say the least. Again the new school can potentially give a spark.