Coldest playoff game you've attended

commodore20

What do you guys got?

Mine is probably week 2 of the playoffs, 2003. Kenton vs Beechcroft at Marion. 7 degrees at kickoff. Fingers were completely frozen by the end.

2nd, November 10, 2017. St. John's vs Lehman. Can't remember the temp, but another game where the snot was freezing in my nostrils.

Valley View v Milton Union playoff game last year hit a low of 18 degrees. And it was windy as hell. Has 3 layers on and still was shivering during much of the game haha.

I remember a playoff game in Celina in the early 1990's I believe. Took a third of a bottle of blackberry brandy to keep warm.

I remember a playoff game in Celina in the early 1990's I believe. Took a third of a bottle of blackberry brandy to keep warm.
Any idea who played? I recall parkway or St Henry played there during the day but it was nice and I recall hitting up a late game that night.

Seems like the old Akron Rubber Bowl had some cold, frigid games. Although not a playoff game, I attended a Thanksgiving day city series championship game. My friend from Akron East and I took an old refrigerator box into the stadium and sat inside it in the closed endzone section! Imagine doing that today!! I'm thinking the East Orientals were playing the Akron Garfield Golden RAMS...great times!!

Don't know if it was the coldest but the 2005 state semi-final against St Eds at the rubber bowl. The seats were all frozen and my feet where on literal sheets of ice the entire time!
Attended this game also. Took about 12 hours for my feet to thaw out. But as a Tiger fan, I felt no pain that day. 😂😂

Coldest game I played in was 1989 Massillon vs Iggy state semifinal at the Rubber bowl. Field was already hard being Astro turf but throw in frozen turf with chunks of ice and it was miserable. The damn heater on the sidelines froze and stopped working.

Don't know if it was the coldest but the 2005 state semi-final against St Eds at the rubber bowl. The seats were all frozen and my feet where on literal sheets of ice the entire time!
Same weekend but Friday night in Twinsburg. Tallmadge vs Canfield in the state semi-final.

Same weekend but Friday night in Twinsburg. Tallmadge vs Canfield in the state semi-final.
I was at the same game but on the opposite side as you. And apparently according to you, the high was 17 degrees that day with a low of 5.
Anyone know how much snow Twinsburg got the last couple of days? Are they getting part of the lake effect or just a couple of inches? The forecast is for a high of 17° tomorrow with a low of 5°. This forecast sounds like it favors a low scoring game, especially considering the defenses involved. With this weather, it might come down to who controls the line of scrimmage. Moving the chains and holding onto the ball are going to be very important.

1983 Elyria Catholic vs. Fostoria in Lorain. 6 inches of snow, -6 windchill, drainage at George Daniel Field wasn’t working. Great night for football!!

Being an old fossil, a friend and I saw Moeller defeat McKinley in 1977 14-2 at the Rubber Bowl.
Was played in an absolute blizzard, tons of snow everywhere.
For me, I can't imagine any worse conditions for a football game.
Never been to a colder game in all my life.
Driving back to Youngstown was horrid. Luckily we made it. :rolleyes:

1700878456940.png

The rubber bowl was always cold. I was at that game also.Massillon played at Wooster stadium a few years ago and it was freezing out.

1983 Elyria Catholic vs. Fostoria in Lorain. 6 inches of snow, -6 windchill, drainage at George Daniel Field wasn’t working. Great night for football!!
Yes. That same night labrae played Akron stv If I remember right at Kent st and won 19-13. And then played elyria catholic the following week in the state semi final. It was extremely cold it took forever to thawl out.

1981 Canton McKinley/St Joe playoff game in the Rubber bowl
That was the snowiest game, not the coldest in my opinion-
Coldest memorable game was 94’s Rubber Bowl McKinley win over Massillon. That was cold, I’m sure there are others but who cares after that one.

Being an old fossil, a friend and I saw Moeller defeat McKinley in 1977 14-2 at the Rubber Bowl.
Was played in an absolute blizzard, tons of snow everywhere.
For me, I can't imagine any worse conditions for a football game.
Never been to a colder game in all my life.
Driving back to Youngstown was horrid. Luckily we made it. :rolleyes:

View attachment 50360
I refute this comment.
That 77 game at RB was not a blizzard by any stretch of the imagination. It snowed, it was very cold it was Brideweiser vs Faust, it was me in the marching band and I think you’re confusing the 81 St Joe - McKinley game with the blizzard game you attended. Sid Lewis ‘skated’ to 200+ yards rushing in white out conditions in the win for McK.
I was with my buddies all shirtless and all had empty flasks in our coats.
Another cold one @RB was McKinley 13- Moeller 0 in 81, not extreme as the previous two I mentioned.

I believe it was November of ‘91 against Liberty Center.Springfield Catholic was the underdog and the game was at Julia Lamb field in Sidney which was set down low right beside the Miami river. I don’t remember the temperature but it was real cold. But what struck you was the fog rolling in off the river,hitting the field and freezing immediately. The field was a great impression of a skating rink.The Irish won 30-28 Coach DeWitt said later he believed those conditions were the only way the Irish win that game.

I refute this comment.
That 77 game at RB was not a blizzard by any stretch of the imagination. It snowed, it was very cold it was Brideweiser vs Faust, it was me in the marching band and I think you’re confusing the 81 St Joe - McKinley game with the blizzard game you attended. Sid Lewis ‘skated’ to 200+ yards rushing in white out conditions in the win for McK.
I was with my buddies all shirtless and all had empty flasks in our coats.
Another cold one @RB was McKinley 13- Moeller 0 in 81, not extreme as the previous two I mentioned.
Your memory is probably crisper than mine. (that's the reference to a fossil) But it was the 77 game we were at.
I somewhat remember them having to use snowplows to mark the yard lines.
To me it was cold as hell ...... coldest game I ever went to.
Roads were treacherous going home for sure.

Think it was a regional weather thing that week. Catholic Central v. Newark Catholic at Canton Central Catholic. Stands were like sheets of ice. Everyone huddling in the bathroom at halftime
Vanilla Ice Abc GIF by Dancing with the Stars