Coaches Poll 9/28

Auggie

http://www.ohsvca.org/index.php/awards/teams/current-poll/coaches-poll-9-28

Looks like the season is coming into focus and the contenders are rising to the top as the weekend tournies are sorting things out.

- Jackson loses in 3 against Ursuline Academy at Mentor Power Tourney and appeared over matched, maybe if a young Wadsworth team can figure out North Royalton they could have a shot at a final 4 appearance?

- NDCL beats Lake Catholic in 5 at Mentor, I think they are now 1-1 in matches against each other with 1 more NCL game left. These 2 are the best Div II teams in Ohio and should at least be in different Districts.

- Gilmour looks like the best in Div III but can they finally win the big one in Dayton?

- A little help here as I have no clue about any of these teams.

Coahes Poll

Auggie, my friend coaches at Jackson and she said they did not have their number 1 middle hitter who got a grade 3 ankle sprain Friday night before the power tournament.

You speak of traditional powers NDCL and Gilmour, Jackson defeated both without their middle. There is no shame losing to Ursuline, one of the top D1 programs year after year. It may be a little early to count them out and state they were overmatched?:shrug:

Auggie, my friend coaches at Jackson and she said they did not have their number 1 middle hitter who got a grade 3 ankle sprain Friday night before the power tournament.

You speak of traditional powers NDCL and Gilmour, Jackson defeated both without their middle. There is no shame losing to Ursuline, one of the top D1 programs year after year. It may be a little early to count them out and state they were overmatched?:shrug:

I am going by what folks who were at the tourney saw and the report that they didn't win a set and only cracked 20 once against Ursuline Academy. Didn't know about the Middle being out but nonetheless this person thinks that Wadsworth is the real deal and is in the conversation with Jackson for top dog in NEO Div I. But it appears that Jackson will have the inside track to Dayton as Wadsworth is going to have their nemesis NR in the Strongsville District and then probably Toledo St Ursula in the Regional.

As for NDCL and Lake they are Div II and this discussion was based around the coach poll, do you honestly think that there is anyone better than either of these teams in Div II? Now in a year or so if they are moved up to Div I due to competitive balance then their results against Jackson and Ursuline Academy will matter when it comes to a poll.

By the way, maybe volleyball would be better served by doing a basketball style super Regional with teams seeded in the region and then sorting to districts. Some Districts seem very top heavy while others look very weak, doesn't seem very fair unless you are the top dog at a mediocre district.

I am going by what folks who were at the tourney saw and the report that they didn't win a set and only cracked 20 once against Ursuline Academy. Didn't know about the Middle being out but nonetheless this person thinks that Wadsworth is the real deal and is in the conversation with Jackson for top dog in NEO Div I.

When both teams are at full strength, both are formidable. I feel Jackson has an edge head to head against Wadsworth. Jackson will do very well, especially when healthy.

But it appears that Jackson will have the inside track to Dayton as Wadsworth is going to have their nemesis NR in the Strongsville District and then probably Toledo St Ursula in the Regional.

Wadsworth does have some obstacles to overcome both in the District and Regional tournaments. It will be interesting for them.

By the way, maybe volleyball would be better served by doing a basketball style super Regional with teams seeded in the region and then sorting to districts. Some Districts seem very top heavy while others look very weak, doesn't seem very fair unless you are the top dog at a mediocre district.

I believe central ohio does this in some way.