Cleveland Guardians

Yankees claim Oscar Gonzalez off waivers. He never could do it last year, but, color me concerned what he will of course do in pinstripes. I'm a bit biased because I was at the walk-off in the ALDS in 2022

Yankees claim Oscar Gonzalez off waivers. He never could do it last year, but, color me concerned what he will of course do in pinstripes. I'm a bit biased because I was at the walk-off in the ALDS in 2022
You and me both, brother...nobody left that stadium until the end, even though they pretty much cut off all concessions thru extra innings.

I expect Oscar to rebound, since our team is pathetic when it comes to drafting, grooming, and coaching hitting talent.

And apparently they are open to trading Claase. And, as we predicted, the rebuild of the rebuild is on...
At the risk of sounding overly negative, wow...it's looking more and more like 2024 is going to be a difficult year. I hope Jose's not regretting the long term contract he signed. Maybe some big favorable moves are in store, but we sure haven't seen them yet, if they happen at all.

It being Cleveland, we can all probably expect to see SpongeBob deliver some game winning hits over the next few years for the Yankees, most likely when they play the Guardians.

Clase has a very friendly contract. Only way I trade him is for a starting bat. Trade Bieber before you get nothing.

Just read an article from today and it mentions the uncertainty of the TV contract and money in 2024. Jesus, cant stomach that excuse already guys

Giving up on Oscar feels like a bad move. They never gave him a chance to get comfortable and their awful track record of drafting, grooming and evaluating position players makes me seriously doubt the move.

They could have signed Schildt, the experienced ex-Cardinals manager, but they went with a “great guy” with zero experience.

Translation: They aren’t trying to win.

And of course Baseball America ranks 2024 as a weak overall class with no clear cut top pick.
There may not be a Bryce Harper type kid in this draft, but there are definitley a few hitters at the top of this draft with great potential (SS from West Virginia and 1B from Wake Forest).

Talk of trading Josh Naylor...

They've had the youngest team in baseball the last two years and instead of pouring resources in to crack open the window they are acting like a veteran club at the end of its window selling off pieces.

Oh, don't think they didn't try to sign him!

Or, prove that they didn't.

They did try. They offered him the Rock and Roll HOF, Terminal Tower, Hopkins International Airport, the Hope Memorial Bridge and a lifetime supply of Chief Wahoo shirts & caps for him and every baseball fan in Japan. Well, that's what I heard anyway. :)

Cleveland's offer to Ohtani.....
Austin Powers One Million Dollars GIF