Cleveland Guardians

Another loss not a good team.Give it up season is over.a big time failure.
I don't think the season is over. I just think this is how it's going to go for the Guardians this year. Win a few, look like you're out of the slump, then poof, a couple losses. Unless something big happens to change the energy, I kinda see the season unfolding like it has thus far.

Okay, salvaged a game in SD. Take 2 of 3 from AZ and it will be a successful road trip leading into a lot of winnable games before the all star break.

How about going after the KC catcher Perez? The Royals are in rebuild mode and the G’s need a catcher and a big bat. Perez brings both.

Okay, salvaged a game in SD. Take 2 of 3 from AZ and it will be a successful road trip leading into a lot of winnable games before the all star break.

How about going after the KC catcher Perez? The Royals are in rebuild mode and the G’s need a catcher and a big bat. Perez brings both.
Easier said than done to win 2 of 3 in Arizona.

Is Guardians ownership willing to take on a catcher who makes $20M a year in 2023 and 2024, then $22M in 2025? Especially if Bo Naylor is supposed to be the catcher soon?

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Easier said than done to win 2 of 3 in Arizona.

Is Guardians ownership willing to take on a catcher who makes $20M a year in 2023 and 2024, then $22M in 2025? Especially if Bo Naylor is supposed to be the catcher soon?

Winning 2 of 3 in AZ will not be easy, but it would salvage the trip.

No, they will not trade for Perez and take on his salary, but he is exactly what they need.

Stop attacking people
It is the brian1227 formula:
- make a post that is full of poor grammar and misspelled words, that is either:
------100% incorrect -OR-
------negative / complaints about coaches or players -OR-
------telling people their posts "aged bad"
- later, he delete his posts when smart people prove he was wrong

Terry Pluto

Paul Hoynes

Zunino- being bad offensively and defensively is problematic for a catcher.

No Naylor call up yet but it has to be coming, right? Fry is not the answer, but he may be good enough defensively to potentially hang on as the backup if they opt for him over Gallagher. It makes no sense to call up Naylor though if he's not going to play the great majority of the time. This is where having Sandy on staff could really help.

Last edited:
Zunino- being bad offensively and defensively is problematic for a catcher.

No Naylor call up yet but it has to be coming, right? Fry is not the answer, but he may be good enough defensively to potentially hang on as the backup if they opt for him over Gallagher. It makes no sense to call up Naylor though if he's not going to play the great majority of the time. This is where having Sandy on staff could really help.
My guess is preferred to have him drive to cle for Tuesday start, rather than flying him to AZ and forcing him in. Coincidentally this is after the service time date, I think?

Naylor DH tonight for Clippers. Guessing will DH him there this weekend and he will make the drive up Monday.

Last edited:
The 2023 AL Central is up there with the worst divisions in the Wild Card Era (1994 to present). 1994 AL West might be the worst, although to be fair there were only 4 teams in that division at that point.

After a night where AL Central teams went 1-4 (the only win was the Tigers beating the Twins), with the four losers scoring 2, 1, 1 and 0 runs, I figured it was time to recheck the team hitting stats.

The AL Central holds the 26th to 29th spots in team OPS. Only the tanking A’s keep the division from having the four worst offenses in baseball. The Twins have slightly moved above the doldrums, to 20th. Within those numbers, the Guardians have hit by far the fewest homers in the league, while the White Sox have drawn the fewest walks in baseball.

Incredibly, the NL Central is almost just as bad, although the Brewers are the only offense down there with the AL Central teams (25th). Pitching is the bigger issue in the NL Central.

Gavin Williams becoming more likely. Hopefully 3-6 weeks can calm down Tristan's elbow, but, gotta wonder if TJ is in the future, whether this time or another

Is there anyone that could play center for a few games and sit Straw? He seems to be in a funk and maybe time to give him a rest.

Just a bad team.season is over.
With McKenzie out, Plesac gone, and an anemic offense, I’m starting to agree that the season might be a lost cause. I’ll continue to say that it’s tough to expect great things when Kwan, Straw and Brennan is your outfield.

The team’s schedule is cake after today until the All-Star break. Including today, there are 20 games left until the break. If 32-38 can turn into 46-44, there’s a fighting chance. But the August and September schedule looks very difficult, so an immediate run is needed or else I’d say the Guardians are toast.

brian1227 says the season is over about three times a week beginning in April. He does the same after every Browns and Cavs loss. He was bound to be right eventually.

brian1227 says the season is over about three times a week beginning in April. He does the same after every Browns and Cavs loss. He was bound to be right eventually.
If you go negative every time you're likely to hit at least 50% of the time, unless you are in Cleveland where the odds of hitting negative are even greater.

As mediocre as the Guardians have been so far this season, and with the way the Twins are playing right now, there is a decent chance that Cleveland will be in first place by the end of this Oakland series. Somebody has to win this division even though it seems like nobody wants to. This may end up like the 73 Mets when they won their division with an 82-79 record. Of course the Mets went on to beat Cincinnati, winner of a MLB best 99 games, in the NLCS and damn near won the World Series losing in 7 games after leading Oakland 3 games to two. I can't see the winner of this division doing much in the postseason but that's why they play the games.

GO GUARDS!

Not worried about Bo Naylor. He will be training on the job as an MLB catcher, and that's where he needs to be. He doesn't need to be a superstar, just a good, solid MLB catcher that can at least hit his own weight.

McKenzie is problematic. If he misses most of the season than I don't know that the division can be won. They really do need him. It's pretty obvious Bieber cannot be traded now. He is vital. Gavin Williams needs to come through as advertised and Bibee and Allen need to give consistent starts. The pen needs some normal rest, so the starters have to give innings.

A bat, or two, is needed. It would be nice if Valera or Gonzalez can come up and become one of them and then a trade can be made for the other bat...a proven MLB bat.

Not worried about Ramirez, J Naylor, Gimenez, Kwan or even Bell. Rosario has never been a favorite of mine, but he is serviceable. If Straw could just bat .260 to .270 there is room for him, but a big OF stick must be added to him and Kwan. The bench is strong.

Fortunately the division is terrible and I believe in Tito, so the Guardians can do it. Just one game out now. Just one Reds-like winning streak would possibly put the division away...but the same can be said for everyone else but KC...so hopefully it's the G's that go on the streak.

Bo Naylor has had 9 major league at bats...and Brian is done with him...after complaning for weeks that he should be on the roster. Good stuff.