Class of 2011

2s0t1x0

I know it is early and everything, but I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this years incoming freshman. Any standouts?

I'd also be interested in this. I know the LaSalle posters are rating their incoming football class as the best in years. Moeller feedback also seems to fairly optimistic about their incoming freshman class. I've spoken with a few Elder freshman football parents and they've told me that skill positions look good but the class appears to be unusually small. Apparantly, there are a couple of very tall, strong kids that aren't planning on playing football due to concentrating on other sports.

I think that this is the year that X takes its lumps and finishes last in the GCL.

doesn't matter a bit....

remember, the class of 2006 (winners of the 2005 state championship) finished last in the GCL their freshmen year: 0 - 3!

3 bad quarterbacks.
nothing big on line.
did not show well in recent showings.

and by the way Independence,
i watched the Moeller 2011 class play against Hamilton, and trust me..the hype is true with being optimistic with this class. Ross Oltorik's brother is the QB and can throw farther than Ross already, he proved it on a 55 yard TD through the air pass while running to the right and planting his foot.
also, the line is huge with not one of the starters less than 220 pounds.
many other big players, along with a runningback tandem with a kid who runs a 4.3 and another who is a true playmaker.

unfortunately for good ole Bob, chances are he will burn out all the players when they get older and half of them quit, just like it always happens.

X=goes from bad to amazing
Moe=goes from amazing to bad

kinda funny how things go lol. Bob Crable needs to step down.

unfortunately for good ole Bob, chances are he will burn out all the players when they get older and half of them quit, just like it always happens.

X=goes from bad to amazing
Moe=goes from amazing to bad

kinda funny how things go lol. Bob Crable needs to step down.

So true. The '07 class couldn't compete with Moeller's '07 at all on the freshman and JV levels. When those Moeller '07 players were on the freshman and then the JV level, many people thought they would compete for state. What happens when they're seniors? 5-5, with a 21-0 loss to X.

So true. The '07 class couldn't compete with Moeller's '07 at all on the freshman and JV levels. When those Moeller '07 players were on the freshman and then the JV level, many people thought they would compete for state. What happens when they're seniors? 5-5, with a 21-0 loss to X.

amen to that.
another example is the '09 class at moe.
the original quarterbacks were:
-myke bembry (transferred-starts for mason)
-bryan beaver (transferred-starts for west)
-brett cisper (quit)

also, jake odom who went to moe freshman year is now a big D-Lineman at west and started varsity last year as a sophomore.

others are:
-Trevor Skove WR(transferred over from X but then quit because of the coaching)
-Pat Langland LB(transferred to McNick and starts)
-Mike Stamper TE(quit)
-Ryan Kern TE(quit)
-Daniel Rosado CB (quit)

..im pretty sure there are more but i cant think of them..

it truly shows though how much coaching affects a team in the long run. i go to moeller, and i respect the football program, but its completely crazy that Bob is still a coach.
Bob is not a coach, he has the mentality of a player which causes him to make bad calls because he gets caught up in moments.
sometimes i feel like im the only person at Moe who thinks this. Why in the world is that? i mean seriously how do you just not try to fix such a major problem? i would expect the so called "great moeller athletic administration" to quickly fix this problem, even if it means firing someone who has been with moe for such a long time.

i have a ton of respect for X by the way play train and teach their players.
at moe it seems everybody wants to quit, while at X everybody signs up to play since its supposedly really fun there, even kids that have never played before sign up at X just for the experience. that truly says something about a program when you hear that and thats why Moeller needs to make some changes.

Go GCL :cool:

Class of '06 0-3 GCL
Class of '07 0-3 GCL (1-9 record)

Things change...the JV coaching staff is one of the best in the state which leads to success. Add that in with the JV preseason practicing with the varsity and lifting with them and they will do fine.

Good points. St X does a great job of developing their players.

However, from what I remember the 06 class as freshman were competitive in at least 2 of 3 of those freshman GCL games, plus they had at least 5 starters in that class either not play as freshman (Lou Miller - I might have the wrong name, he was a LB?) or out for the year because of injuries (ie Cionni, Hauser I think).

The 07 class IMO was not one of the better ones to come through St X. They were on strong varsity teams because of the 06 class before them and last year they had the 08 class behind them. I mean realistically they still only had 7 starters on varsity last year as seniors.

Everyone who keeps bringing up the idea about how the 06 and 07 classes were not very good have to re-think about how stacked the 08' class is. Im not saying thats why they were good both those years just because of that class but you do have to consider them as the main reasons those years were good.