Cincinnati Sectionals

moeFlyer

It's getting to be that time of the year. One week until the sectionals kick off in Cincinnati. Its my understanding that 3 teams from each division move on to disticts. So lets make some predictions of who we think will do it.

BOYS

Boys Sectional #1
Northwest Bowl - Check in noon, Begin 1pm
Amelia, Anderson, McNicholas, Moeller, Glen Este, Goshen, Little Miami, Milford, St. Xavier, Sycamore, Turpin, Wilmington, Wyoming

Boys Sectional #2
Northwest Bowl - Check in 7:30, Begin 8:15am
Fenwick, Deer Park, Elder, Fairfield, Franklin, Hamilton, Lakota East, Lakota West, LaSalle, Mason, Princeton, Reading, Roger Bacon

Boys Sectional #3
Colerain Bowl - Check in noon, Begin 1:30
Badin, Clark-Montessori, Colerain, Harrison, Loveland, Madeira, Miami Valley Christian Academy, Mt. Healthy, North Colleg d, Oak Hills, Purcell Marian, Walnut Hills, Western HIlls, Winton Woods

The second sectional is STACKED. There are probably 7 teams in there that could make a run in the next round of tourneys
Moeller, Amelia, Glen Este
Elder, Lasalle, Mason
Oak Hills, Winton Woods, North College Hill

he said that there are probably 7 teams in sectional #2 that could make a run for the next round, i was just wonderin who they were.

From the second sectional the teams that I know are really good teams are Elder, Fairfield, Hamilton, Lasalle, and Mason. I believe any of these could finish in the top 5 in the state. Some of the sleepers include:

Roger Bacon won the gcl-central(Not with great scores, but they got the job done)
Lakota West has surprisingly put up some decent numbers at times this year too.
I don't know much about Deer Park, Franklin, or Reading this year.

The first 5 are the overwhelming favorites, but thats why they play the game right? It'll be a fun round to watch, thats for sure.

Good catch, I didn't mean to leave them out of it. They are probably right there with Lakota West. When they are hot their scores looked really good but they range from 2800 all the way down to 2300. They have always had a decent team in the past though, and they could push the top teams if they all show up at once.

From the second sectional the teams that I know are really good teams are Elder, Fairfield, Hamilton, Lasalle, and Mason. I believe any of these could finish in the top 5 in the state. Some of the sleepers include:

Roger Bacon won the gcl-central(Not with great scores, but they got the job done)
Lakota West has surprisingly put up some decent numbers at times this year too.
I don't know much about Deer Park, Franklin, or Reading this year.

The first 5 are the overwhelming favorites, but thats why they play the game right? It'll be a fun round to watch, thats for sure.

Trust me...roger bacon is no sleeper. it would not fail to suprise me if they finish last in that sectional. not trying to be a downer, but they are not a very good team. they won the gcl central true, but against who? purcell, badin, and mcnick? they averaged 164 in bakers this year? im not trying to be jerk or anything, but they will more than likely fall at sectionals.

I'm just saying, I really think roger bacon could have made a run in the third sectional. I would never put my money on them against the competition they drew, but just pointing out there is some great competition in the second sectional.

It's getting to be that time of the year. One week until the sectionals kick off in Cincinnati. Its my understanding that 3 teams from each division move on to disticts. So lets make some predictions of who we think will do it.

BOYS

Boys Sectional #1
Amelia, Anderson, McNicholas, Moeller, Glen Este, Goshen, Little Miami, Milford, St. Xavier, Sycamore, Turpin, Wilmington, Wyoming

Boys Sectional #2
Northwest Bowl - Check in 7:30, Begin 8:15am
Fenwick, Deer Park, Elder, Fairfield, Franklin, Hamilton, Lakota East, Lakota West, LaSalle, Mason, Princeton, Reading, Roger Bacon

Boys Sectional #3
Colerain Bowl - Check in noon, Begin 1:30
Badin, Clark-Montessori, Colerain, Harrison, Loveland, Madeira, Miami Valley Christian Academy, Mt. Healthy, North Colleg d, Oak Hills, Purcell Marian, Walnut Hills, Western HIlls, Winton Woods

Sectional 3 draws at 7:30 am for Boys

Boys Sectional #1

1. St Xavier ~4040
2. Moeller ~3980
3. Amelia ~ 3940

Don't remember exact scores.

For the first sectional it was
1. LaSalle ~4400
2. Hamilton ~43**
3. Fairfield ~ 43**

I'm not sure if Hamilton or Fairfield was in 2nd.

Craig Sherril for Elder had a 757 and Jake Macuilewicz had a 727 for Moeller. Those are the high series I can remember. Highest game I saw was Nick Fazzio of Moeller 278

In the Northwest Bowl Section 2 the top 5 were.....

1. Hamilton
2. Fairfield
3. LaSalle
4. Mason
5. Elder

LaSalle edged out Mason by 5 pins for the final qualifying spot. I believe Mason's total for the day was 4306 pins and Elder 4192 pins. Oak Hills won the Colerain Bowl Sectional with 3892 pins! They definitely need to seed these sectionals next year, don't you think???

In the Northwest Bowl Section 2 the top 5 were.....

1. Hamilton
2. Fairfield
3. LaSalle
4. Mason
5. Elder

LaSalle edged out Mason by 5 pins for the final qualifying spot. I believe Mason's total for the day was 4306 pins and Elder 4192 pins. Oak Hills won the Colerain Bowl Sectional with 3892 pins! They definitely need to seed these sectionals next year, don't you think???
Yeah, it's only fair. The sectional with the 5 you listed was obviously the best and the top 6 could have easily advanced in any other sectional.