Cincinnati Enquirer

Wrestling doesn't get any press because its too difficult to watch. It's not as entertaining as trot fast, jump high, do a dance. It's not a sport appreciated by the ADHD crowd - SQUIRREL!! - Also, wrestling's too tough for the helicopter mommies raising the Soft Generation. The 1st time bubba cries, it's time to go - "this wrestling is ridiculous! We're going back to basketball and complain about playing time!!"

I can't tell you how many parents of my football players won't let their kids wrestle. It's ridiculous. Not that half of them could handle it, but I'm just sayin' . . .

Absolutely awesome post! :clap: :clap:

Why not join the gaming club?? you get to exert almost no physical energy (unless you're plyaing the Wii of course) which means no sweat and you can get away with showering only three times a week! I guess skin funk can still be an issue, I'm sure fungus thrives in the cheeto dust that collects in those gaming chairs (the image of Cartman from the World of Warcraft episode of South Park comes to mind). But skin checks before Gaming Club meetings can help to control that. Also, who would want to wrestle when you could kick someones butt in Call of Duty halfway around the globe while talking crap on a microphone without ever looking him in the eye or shaking his hand?? I mean that teaches true values and really helps you become a respectful and upstanding man!

Gaming Clubs are a joke. Aren't schools trying to promote healthy habits and stuff like that?? I mean they are taking junk food out of vending machines and the lunch room yet they are promoting a club that plays video games for a couple hours after school? Cuz I'm sure all those "Gamers" will head straight home after club and finish all their homework, get 40-60 mins of physical exercise, spend time with their families, and maybe even get a couple hours on their time sheet at work. Right. We all know they are going straight home to sign on xbox live and stare at the tv for hours.

I agree BadinCoach, this is sad and honestly makes me sick.

Amen!!!!!!