Cincinnati Area Districts - Official Thread

Well, we reached a new LOW in all-time district performances this year...unfortunately.

I speak of the boys' Division III Pole Vault at New Richmond. With the winning height of only 9' 4", that mark represents the WORST winning vault height in the 97-year history of the district meets in Southwest Ohio involving Cincinnati area teams. Even in the 1920s when vaulting was done with metal-spiked wooden poles and landing into sand pits & sod, vaulting amongst even the smallest schools was better than this year's New Richmond crop. Very, very, very sad. I don't know what this is due to, but I hope it gets rectified and right quick.

Well, we reached a new LOW in all-time district performances this year...unfortunately.

I speak of the boys' Division III Pole Vault at New Richmond. With the winning height of only 9' 4", that mark represents the WORST winning vault height in the 97-year history of the district meets in Southwest Ohio involving Cincinnati area teams.

Worth noting the winner, Williamsburg soph Skylar Gries, only took two jumps, making both(including the winning height). He has a PR of 12'6"

Say what you will about the depth of the competition(often an issue with many D3 events at the District level), but I have no doubt winner Gries would have easily gone higher if he had to.

Worth noting the winner, Williamsburg soph Skylar Gries, only took two jumps, making both(including the winning height). He has a PR of 12'6"

Say what you will about the depth of the competition(often an issue with many D3 events at the District level), but I have no doubt winner Gries would have easily gone higher if he had to.

Well, that does help...a little. Still, a new all-time low. The fact that it only took 9' 4" to win is beyond a sad commentary on the state of the PV in the Cincinnati area at the D3 level. Below D1, the PV is in a sad state of affairs throughout much of the state.

Like I said a lot of it is D3 as a whole. Take the boys 3200 for example. Same time won that won the ECC - the GIRLS ECC.

And there's folks that want to add a fourth division to the Ohio tournament lol

Well, that does help...a little. Still, a new all-time low. The fact that it only took 9' 4" to win is beyond a sad commentary on the state of the PV in the Cincinnati area at the D3 level. Below D1, the PV is in a sad state of affairs throughout much of the state.

I was at the meet and I don't think he was gonna go much higher. He was having a lot of issues in warm ups and wasn't able to get into the pit. He straight polled what he could and called it quits. I think he will be much better next week though

Like I said a lot of it is D3 as a whole. Take the boys 3200 for example. Same time won that won the ECC - the GIRLS ECC.

And there's folks that want to add a fourth division to the Ohio tournament lol

I want a 4th division but would like it for the most part take current D1 and split it into two. Look at some results were kids don't score in D1 meet but would but would be top four or even win the D3 meet in that area.

I want a 4th division but would like it for the most part take current D1 and split it into two. Look at some results were kids don't score in D1 meet but would but would be top four or even win the D3 meet in that area.

Football created a super DI division with a limited number of the largest schools, then equally split the remaining teams over the remaining division. That way the divisions are not equally divided. If you go to four divisions, DI would be the only one not equal in numbers to the other three.