CHL 2022 season PREVIEW

Someone on here said that Madeira got the best of McNick in their scrimmage and then McNick goes out and destroys Indian Hill the next week. Is Indian Hill that bad? Madeira that good? Was McNick missing some players vs Madeira?

Someone on here said that Madeira got the best of McNick in their scrimmage and then McNick goes out and destroys Indian Hill the next week. Is Indian Hill that bad? Madeira that good? Was McNick missing some players vs Madeira?
I saw the scrimmage. Madeira got the best of McNick without a doubt. But it was just a scrimmage. Much of the poor tackling, missed assignments, overthrown passes seem to have been cleaned up versus IH. I give credit to the Rocket coaches for that. I’d be willing to bet that Madeira will give Wyoming a run for their money and are probably the second best team in the CHL.

I saw the scrimmage. Madeira got the best of McNick without a doubt. But it was just a scrimmage. Much of the poor tackling, missed assignments, overthrown passes seem to have been cleaned up versus IH. I give credit to the Rocket coaches for that. I’d be willing to bet that Madeira will give Wyoming a run for their money and are probably the second best team in the CHL.
From 1-6 last year to 2nd best in the league I'm not sure if I see that big of a jump. They were young and gained alot of experience but I don't see that jump this year

Box score says 27, 27, 12, 6 by quarters. Not reading too much into the Reading score, Lockland is really bad.

Good sign for Wyoming to win big without leaning too much on Hester, who only had 19 carries. They let Hauer throw it 20 times, which is more than he did for almost every game last year.

Mariemont lost a game they should have won. Some questionable coaching decisions and a questionable Pass Interference call in the end zone doomed them in the 4th. Dorsten is a good QB, but they lack offensive weapons outside of Timmy Stewart.

Indian Hill lost badly, but like I said before, the gap between IH and most of the CHL teams is big. They will still contend for 2nd place in CHL I think.

Haven't seen too much on Taylor. Sounds like they have a good team though. At this point, I'd be surprised if they weren't contending at the top of the CHL.
Box score from Scorestream via WLWT website: Reading 20, 0, 46, 6

Box score says 27, 27, 12, 6 by quarters. Not reading too much into the Reading score, Lockland is really bad.

Good sign for Wyoming to win big without leaning too much on Hester, who only had 19 carries. They let Hauer throw it 20 times, which is more than he did for almost every game last year.

Mariemont lost a game they should have won. Some questionable coaching decisions and a questionable Pass Interference call in the end zone doomed them in the 4th. Dorsten is a good QB, but they lack offensive weapons outside of Timmy Stewart.

Indian Hill lost badly, but like I said before, the gap between IH and most of the CHL teams is big. They will still contend for 2nd place in CHL I think.

Haven't seen too much on Taylor. Sounds like they have a good team though. At this point, I'd be surprised if they weren't contending at the top of the CHL.
hester was out for the 4q. coach's son, joel hancock, played RB and was fabulous. i was happy to see a more diverse offense too.

That is wrong. I hope that Lockland and Reading no longer play in the regular season. Just too big a gap. A first scrimmage would probably be the best solution if they want to keep the neighboring communities rivalry going.

Which CHL team not named Wyoming is going to beat them?
I have no idea how good Madeira is, maybe they do go 6-1 in the league. But I’d need more than a scrimmage and a game against a bad Norwood team to say where they will finish.

Last year Indian Hill had their worst team in years, started 0-4, lost Ty Thorton, started a sophomore QB and then beat Madeira by 3 TDs. Obviously it’s a new year with new players, but these first few weeks are too early to tell how the conference shapes up.

Makes sense, Hancock is such a piece of work that his son is probably the only thing on earth that could get in the way of him feeding Hester 40 carries a game. Lol
Piece of work? Do tell.. Also, Do you understand that Hancock hasn't called an offensive play in 8 years, right?

Piece of work? Do tell.. Also, Do you understand that Hancock hasn't called an offensive play in 8 years, right?
Come on Walt, you've read everything about him on here over the last several years. One of the most disliked coaches in the city because of his antics and how he treats people in league meetings, runs up scores etc. etc. "piece of work" was actually a pretty friendly way of describing him. Yea, I'm sure he has no say whatsoever in regards to play calling :rolleyes:

Reading scored every way possible - Rushing TD, Passing TD, Punt Return TD, Int Return TD, Fumble Recovery TD, etc. Perfect example of needed running clock. Lockland didn't help themselves by going for it on 4th down deep in their own territory, throwing every down. I agree they should not be on the Reading schedule in the future. Used to be a great rivalry but that was a long time ago.

Come on Walt, you've read everything about him on here over the last several years. One of the most disliked coaches in the city because of his antics and how he treats people in league meetings, runs up scores etc. etc. "piece of work" was actually a pretty friendly way of describing him. Yea, I'm sure he has no say whatsoever in regards to play calling :rolleyes:
Heavy lies the crown I guess.

lol...yeah, go with that if it makes you feel better
Doesn't make me feel one way or the other. Find me any coach whose team has dominated their league the way Wyoming has in the last decade and I'll find you a bunch of opposing fans and coaches who hate him. That's the way sports works. BTW- I looked up the stats from last year..Hester averaged 26 carries/game, so your theory of his son being the only reason Hester doesn't get 40 carries is flawed and smells a little of envy IMO... You should probably get your facts straight if you're going to rip someone on a public forum.

Doesn't make me feel one way or the other. Find me any coach whose team has dominated their league the way Wyoming has in the last decade and I'll find you a bunch of opposing fans and coaches who hate him. That's the way sports works. BTW- I looked up the stats from last year..Hester averaged 26 carries/game, so your theory of his son being the only reason Hester doesn't get 40 carries is flawed and smells a little of envy IMO... You should probably get your facts straight if you're going to rip someone on a public forum.
You certainly have to give Hancock and Wyoming credit, they've dominated the CHL for a long time and they've had success on the state level... But Wyoming as a whole gets the best of the CHL all-around. I bet they've won the All Sports Trophy at least 10 of the last 15 years. And I'm sure Indian Hill has won the years that Wyoming hasn't won. That's how the CHL is every year. Every once in awhile another team like Taylor or Mariemont or Madeira or Reading will have an above average year, but when you look at all the sports combined over a long period of time, it's always going to be Wyoming, Indian Hill, and then everyone else. That will remain the same until the the student population within the districts change (like Taylor recently) or the conference realigns, which doesn't seem likely.

So IH lost 57-7. Worst lost I can remember. I heard the QB got hurt but so did Ty Thornton last year so if football doesn’t go well does the football coach, which is a great coach, get fired. Or is the junior class not as good as they claim.

There are plenty of coaches that are very successful but are not almost unanimously disliked by their coaching peers. Of course success breeds some jealousy but from everything that I have heard that is not what we are talking about here.

I was exaggerating on the 40 carries but the fact is that Hester had more carries (350) than anyone in the state last year. That's a fact

Which CHL team not named Wyoming is going to beat them?
Hey I hope your right! I'm a Taylor guy but when Madeira football is doing well that's good for the CHL.

Coming off a year where they were shut out 3 times last season and 2 of their wins were 1 score wins vs bad teams I don't see them being 2nd in the CHL this year?

So IH lost 57-7. Worst lost I can remember. I heard the QB got hurt but so did Ty Thornton last year so if football doesn’t go well does the football coach, which is a great coach, get fired. Or is the junior class not as good as they claim.
One game. IH has a Hall of Fame coach who was brought in to be the leader of the community, so he will get it right.

Week 2 Update:
Wyoming at Taft: Game of Year. Preview of Regional Playoffs. Taft by 6.
Western Hills at Deer Park: Deer Park in an ugly game. DP by 8.
Meadowdale at Finneytown: Opposite of Taft/Wyoming. One of worst games in Ohio in Week 2. Finneytown by 21.
Northwest at Indian Hill: Injuries a headwind for IH but wins +4 in turnovers to survive by 3 points.
Taylor at Lawrenceburg: Taylor by 17. Do not know anything about Lawrenceburg.
CHCA at Madeira: Madeira again by 20+, maybe 30+.
Norwood at Mariemont: Do the really need to have Dorsten go 8-27 with 2 picks to win games? Run the ball Coach. Mariemont by 14.
Reading at Talawanda: Reading in a battle versus higher division opponent. Reading by 3.

My take on week 2

Week 2 Update:
Wyoming at Taft: Taft has talent but don't think they are a great team, Madeira almost beat them in playoffs last year. Wyoming by 12+
Western Hills at Deer Park: DP by 10
Meadowdale at Finneytown: Another pillow fight - Finneytown wins
Northwest at Indian Hill: Indian Hill in trouble for now. Northwest by a TD
Taylor at Lawrenceburg: This will be close but I think the Tigers pull out the win.
CHCA at Madeira: This will be closer than you think but Madeira wins by 7.
Norwood at Mariemont: Warriors bounce back and win by 20.
Reading at Talawanda: You're not playing Lockland this week Reading - Talawanda by 7

Wyoming at Taft: Wyoming by 14
Western Hills at Deer Park: West High by 6
Meadowdale at Finneytown: Finneytown by 12
Northwest at Indian Hill: Indian Hills by 7
Taylor at Lawrenceburg: Lawrenceburg by 7
CHCA at Madeira: Madeira by 14
Norwood at Mariemont: Mariemont by 14
Reading at Talawanda: Talawanda by 10

Wyoming at Taft: Wyoming by 14
Western Hills at Deer Park: West High by 6
Meadowdale at Finneytown: Finneytown by 12
Northwest at Indian Hill: Indian Hills by 7
Taylor at Lawrenceburg: Lawrenceburg by 7
CHCA at Madeira: Madeira by 14
Norwood at Mariemont: Mariemont by 14
Reading at Talawanda: Talawanda by 10
i think the wyoming game will be closer. i think IH gets rolled.