Centerville ELKS on a roll!! Take on Northmont next.

Perhaps the drop in the talent of this year's CHS team is due to the loss of talented players who gave up the sport rather than dealing with an unpleasant coach.

As stated before, the best basketball players at Centerville are on the basketball team. Any player who gave up the sport did so years ago and would make no impact on this year's team.

All of them quit basketball to concentrate on other sports or they just did not want to do the work involved with the basketball program.

Not much interest in the upcoming game tonight. Vamps has Northmont favored by 10.5 points. I think this game will be closer. These are two teams that will be coming into tonight's game with a lot of confidence. What do you all think?

im going to this game instead of attending the wayne game, i have to see what all the hype is with centerville and this big roll of a two game win streak. i have to see cville in person and would like to see how tough northmont is.

im going to this game instead of attending the wayne game, i have to see what all the hype is with centerville and this big roll of a two game win streak. i have to see cville in person and would like to see how tough northmont is.

Please give us updates on the game here if you can, thanks. :)

Actually, maybe you should attend your favorite team Wayne's game, playing at home tonight against Fairmont. This will either be Wayne's last game at their old gym, or possibly their first game at their nice new gym. It's historic either way. Anyway, the Fairmont/Wayne game could be very interesting. Remember, not too long ago Wayne lost to Centerville. And Fairmont did beat Centerville. Wayne could need your hometown support for their game tonight.

Having graduated from IU in the early 90's, I was able to see the cracks in the program several years before the big decline. Knight intimidated many of the players (such as Damon Bailey) to the point where they were afraid to shoot the ball or make a mistake. Many highly touted high school players chose to go to OSU, MSU, Purdue, & Michigan rather than dealing with Knight, who was out of touch with the changing mentality of the high school/college player. Knight, without a doubt, needed to go. Coach K at Duke has all the knowledge of Knight, but knows how to treat his players. Crean is similar to Coach K in this regard.

Knight needed to go in the early 90s? After which year? The '91 Sweet 16, the '92 Final Four, the '93 Elite 8, or the '94 Sweet 16?

63-59 Northmont. Cville up 5 with 4:00 to go in 4th. Had a good look at a 3 ball that didnt go down to go up 8. Cville had chance to tie it very late in 4th.

Northmont in double bonus most of 4th qtr...Cvilli never got to bonus in 2nd half??? That's kind of weird.:shrug:

Cville jumped out to 14-3 lead to start game. I think Northmont players & staff were surprised to see guys wearing black & gold fast breaking, bombing 3s and playing aggressive man defense.:)

63-59 Northmont. Cville up 5 with 4:00 to go in 4th. Had a good look at a 3 ball that didnt go down to go up 8. Cville had chance to tie it very late in 4th.

Northmont in double bonus most of 4th qtr...Cvilli never got to bonus in 2nd half??? That's kind of weird.:shrug:

Cville jumped out to 14-3 lead to start game. I think Northmont players & staff were surprised to see guys wearing black & gold fast breaking, bombing 3s and playing aggressive man defense.:)

Sounds like a very good, competitive game. Congrats to Northmont for being able to pull out this come from behind win at home and maintain their GWOC Central Division lead. Centerville has definitely upped their level of play. The ELKS win over Wayne a couple of weeks ago was no fluke.

We will see if their win over Wayne was a fluke, Wayne played very little defense against the elks but against fairmont they played d the way it is supposed to be played.these young kids
can play and Everett time you can get a win against them you should because they will get better and better.:hello:

The thing I saw in Centerville is they shot lights out. The left never missed....or was there two lefties...seemed like every time they needed a basket a lefty hit from the baseline or for a three.

33 is a nice player too. Big kid and can handle the ball.

But while I am passing out compliments, the best player on the floor was Keith Richardson fro Northmont. That little guy came to play and carried Northmont to victory.

Actually, maybe you should attend your favorite team Wayne's game, playing at home tonight against Fairmont. This will either be Wayne's last game at their old gym, or possibly their first game at their nice new gym. It's historic either way. Anyway, the Fairmont/Wayne game could be very interesting. Remember, not too long ago Wayne lost to Centerville. And Fairmont did beat Centerville. Wayne could need your hometown support for their game tonight.

How could anyone forget Wayne lost to centerville you remind ya in every post lol

You said you were going to the Centerville @ Northmont game held last evening. If so, did the ELKS look as good as they did when they beat Wayne? ;)

they looked like a normal centerville team, they played hard. but couldnt close the game out. northmont is a good team cant wait for wayne to play them, as far as missing the fairmont wayne game it was a safe game to miss as wayne didnt have any issues. so the centerville "roll" ended lastnight but they are a tough team, hopefully everyone can move on from the wayne cville game as there where no trophies handed out after that game lol

they looked like a normal centerville team, they played hard. but couldnt close the game out. northmont is a good team cant wait for wayne to play them, as far as missing the fairmont wayne game it was a safe game to miss as wayne didnt have any issues. so the centerville "roll" ended lastnight but they are a tough team, hopefully everyone can move on from the wayne cville game as there where no trophies handed out after that game lol

and by a normal centerville team i meant that they play hard, physical, and dont depend on big time talent to get the job done just like in football. they where hitting what seemed to be every shot. good game to both teams this will be very fun to see how this season plays out. luckily for everyone else still more games to play

and by a normal centerville team i meant that they play hard, physical, and dont depend on big time talent to get the job done just like in football. they where hitting what seemed to be every shot. good game to both teams this will be very fun to see how this season plays out. luckily for everyone else still more games to play

Thanks for your analysis. But I have heard from other posters that Centerville is actually running more and shooting more three pointers this season. Quite different from "a normal Centerville team." Changes implemented by new coach Cupps.

Centerville got beat tonight by a good DII, Eastmoor Academy from Columbus. Went in that atmosphere on the road and win was awesome for a columbus team to win. Now I know why day and cincy schools don't play columbus teams.

Centerville got beat tonight by a good DII, Eastmoor Academy from Columbus. Went in that atmosphere on the road and win was awesome for a columbus team to win. Now I know why day and cincy schools don't play columbus teams.

This game is proof that they do play each other. :shrug:

The post is proof that coachablekid is an Eastmoor homer.