Carrollton (5-3) at West Branch (7-1) for the EBC title

Carrollton (5-3) plays at West Branch (7-1) Friday night, with the winner guaranteed of at least a piece of the Eastern Buckeye Conference title. West Branch has won 12 games in a row vs. Carrollton and leads the series, 35-9. Thoughts on this game?

If Carrollton can establish the run and limit WB explosive offense they have a shot if not WB wins by two TD.

I am very impressed by Carrollton's season but I don't see this being close. Could be a running clock in this one.

If Carrollton can execute their game plan like they did against Alliance a few weeks ago this could be a close game well into the second half just because WB may only have the ball 3 times the first half.

However if WB can score first and get up a few scores and take them out of their element this game could be a running clock later....

West Branch's weakness is stopping high scoring wide open offenses which isn't Carrollton. They will give up some points it you can throw and have a running quarterback. I think they scored less than 30 twice in the last 4 years (including this year) and they won one of those games in close to 50 games- with 3 different quarterbacks!! That is impressive and They put up points deep in the playoffs too so the competition has been good. This is a very tough match up for Carrollton. To beat WB you need to get in a shootout and hope WB makes mistakes like they did against Jefferson last year. I really hope Carrollton can hang in there and give them a game but I don't see it happening. It looks like the rains may be coming a day late in Saturday.
But what a great coaching job to have the team on this position!!

West Branch's weakness is stopping high scoring wide open offenses which isn't Carrollton. They will give up some points it you can throw and have a running quarterback. I think they scored less than 30 twice in the last 4 years (including this year) and they won one of those games in close to 50 games- with 3 different quarterbacks!! That is impressive and They put up points deep in the playoffs too so the competition has been good. This is a very tough match up for Carrollton. To beat WB you need to get in a shootout and hope WB makes mistakes like they did against Jefferson last year. I really hope Carrollton can hang in there and give them a game but I don't see it happening. It looks like the rains may be coming a day late in Saturday.
But what a great coaching job to have the team on this position!!
Exactly. Alliance avoided a blowout last week with a qb who could launch long 50/50 balls to an incredible receiver who caught anything and everything.

How long will it be before West Branch and Salem head to the Northeast to find a new league,I still can't believe Minerva is still in this league,wow it's hard to believe at one time it was proud football school years ago

West Branch is a very bad match up for Carrollton always is. I can't remember the last time Carrollton beat West Branch.
You make an excellent point. WB has won 12 straight vs. Carrollton. The last time Carrollton beat WB, most of the kids playing in this year's game were four, five and six years old.

It's a bad matchup for Carrollton because they run a power I and rarely throw the ball. I think Carrollton will and should be in this game for 3 because of how long some of drives can be but WB pulls away in the 4th 35-14.

Relative that compared the Ridgewood game and I told him that to have a chance at beating WB you have to be able to pass which Ridgewood is capable of doing, Thurs the 32-29 thriller in West L. Carrollton doesn't have that luxury of spreading it out.

Good luck both teams tonight

If Carrollton can execute their game plan like they did against Alliance a few weeks ago this could be a close game well into the second half just because WB may only have the ball 3 times the first half.

However if WB can score first and get up a few scores and take them out of their element this game could be a running clock later....
This was the latter... WB Offense was way to fast and efficient for Carrollton...