Canceled games NE Ohio

I think we can all appreciate schools serving the interests of the public through postponing games into the next day, here, as no Ohio dad should have to choose between watching a high school football game and watching an evening storm from the comfort of their own porch.

I don't get, these storms were last night, or this morning technically at 1:00am, and not tonight. Don't understand why games are even talked about being cancelled, moved, or postponed.

Reactions: y2h
I don't get, these storms were last night, or this morning technically at 1:00am, and not tonight. Don't understand why games are even talked about being cancelled, moved, or postponed.
Field conditions. Also in some cases schools were closed

There was a lot of damage in the Canfield area more so than other parts of the tri-county area. There are numerous large trees down making many side streets impassable in some areas.

There was a lot of damage in the Canfield area more so than other parts of the tri-county area. There are numerous large trees down making many side streets impassable in some areas.
We got nothing here. Wasn't even that windy, and just a little bit of rain.

I don’t want to be mean, but this is a horrible take. Those were wicked storms last night and a lot of damage was done. There’s still a ton of people without power in NE Ohio and at least 2 confirmed tornados (one in Cleveland and one in northern Trumbull county). If a game has to be postponed for a day or moved to new location to make things a little more convenient for those dealing with the effects, there is nothing wrong with that.

I don’t want to be mean, but this is a horrible take. Those were wicked storms last night and a lot of damage was done. There’s still a ton of people without power in NE Ohio and at least 2 confirmed tornados (one in Cleveland and one in northern Trumbull county). If a game has to be postponed for a day or moved to new location to make things a little more convenient for those dealing with the effects, there is nothing wrong with that.
Sorry that the take is so horrible for you. I don't know what other people had. When I was up last night, there was absolutely nothing going on that serious around our immediate area. I'm sorry for the folks in other areas that got hit.

Lakeside and NDCL isn’t cancelled. But, it is being moved to Lakside because of the power outages in Chardon. You still get tickets on the ndcl athletic website

Love the logic exhibited by some here.......no tornadoes or power outages in my town, therefore everyone in all of NE Ohio should be playing or they're just plain soft. Can't we just be grateful if spared and empathetic for those that weren't? SMH
I said sorry for others that got hit.

My house in Canfield was without power until just a few minutes ago, and the wind gusts were around 90mph in Canfield according to the NWS in Cleveland.

For the Mahoning Valley it was hit and miss. WGH Fan probably lives in an area that didnt get it that bad. I can confirm thru work emails on Simkon take. Canfield was hit bad. ,y general area where i live and went to work ( Campbell, East/ North side) was also spared. But multiple schools were canceled and parts of Columbiana County was evacuated due to a gas leak
Southern Mahoning County got it kinda rough in general

A lot of places still don’t have power, I’d assume.

A tree down in my neighbor's yard and an example of one of many sreets blocked by down trees in Canfield.

Attachments

• 20230825_184607.jpg
    20230825_184607.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230825_200148.jpg
    20230825_200148.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230825_200154.jpg
    20230825_200154.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited: