Can we please put the Panther back on the Helmet?

I believe this form of the Panther head is very common. Looks like I found at least six others that are the same design.

I would guess Elder can't get a copy right on this panther head. So anyone can print up a t-shirt, sweatshirt, or anything else you could put this on and make it. Elder has a copy right on a lot of things they sell in the books store. This means they are the only ones that can legally sell it. Since the book store money goes back into the school this helps Elder. If John Smith sells a t-shirt he pockets that money.

If you go back and buy the Elder 75th Anniversary CD you will find two versions of the fight song on it. Turns out the first fight song has the same melody as Norte Dame, and Norte Dame wanted some money because of that so Elder just made a new fight song.

Explain please.
About five years ago, Elder completed a project to overhaul and standardize the school's branding which meant establishing a specific shade of purple, fonts, logos, etc. One part of the branding project was to stop using the old panther head logo and to replace it with a new logo that Elder owned. I was also told that the newer panther logo is easier screen print and embroider than the old one.

This happened a couple of years after the panther logo was replaced on the side of the football helmets.