Cadet Bone Spurs

Thanks for quoting my post and then reiterating what I already said minus the 4F classification.

Was just adding names to the list without going to the trouble of listing them. Since I was one of those that used the deferment I just wanted to add my two cents. I will quit posting on this subject now.

Far more likely is our president is nearly as batcrap crazy as theirs.

Open your mind and consider what you just posted: On one side you have a tin plated little dictator who loves the good things in life - just take a look at the guy. As dictators go he's one nasty piece of work but he's also SOFT. Over the years he, his father and his grandfather have known just how to play American presidents to get what they want. But unlike his father & grandfather, who were hard men, this guy is a pudgy little twerp who likes his good whisky, fine drugs and pretty girls.

Then along comes Trump, who appears to be CRAZY! My goodness who knows what he might do! And then crazy Trump reminds the little pudge ball that he has a much BIGGER nuclear arsenal than Kim does and he might just be crazy enough to use it. All of a sudden everything that worked with the Americans before no longer works. Suddenly we go from weak & predictable to CRAZY! And since NOTHING in Kim's profile suggests he's in the least bit suicidal, CRAZY is pretty scary to him.

Open your mind and consider what you just posted: On one side you have a tin plated little dictator who loves the good things in life - just take a look at the guy. As dictators go he's one nasty piece of work but he's also SOFT. Over the years he, his father and his grandfather have known just how to play American presidents to get what they want. But unlike his father & grandfather, who were hard men, this guy is a pudgy little twerp who likes his good whisky, fine drugs and pretty girls.

Substitute fast food and grabbing pu$$Y for whisky and drugs and one sees there's no real distinction.

Yeah no distinction, one killed millions the other made millions. What's the difference?

It's strange that the left doesn't understand how weak this line of argument is: Trump is Hitler! Trump is Stalin! Trump is as crazy as Kim!

The first two comparisons are absurd and show a complete lack of historical perspective. Hitler & Stalin between them murdered tens of millions of people and were among the most odious leaders in history.

Even worse they completely miss the fact that the NK leader is NOT crazy. He's a spoiled brat that loves that he has complete control of an entire nation and that his every whim is his peoples command. For a hedonistic little bastard, Kim is living large! And Trump is treating him just like he should be treated!

It's strange that the left doesn't understand how weak this line of argument is: Trump is Hitler! Trump is Stalin! Trump is as crazy as Kim!

The first two comparisons are absurd and show a complete lack of historical perspective. Hitler & Stalin between them murdered tens of millions of people and were among the most odious leaders in history.

Even worse they completely miss the fact that the NK leader is NOT crazy. He's a spoiled brat that loves that he has complete control of an entire nation and that his every whim is his peoples command. For a hedonistic little bastard, Kim is living large! And Trump is treating him just like he should be treated!

Hilarious that anyone who dares criticize the cheeto is characterized as being from "the left". Indoctrinated statist dimwits. If you support a Republican, you're trash. If you support a Democrat, you're trash. That is all.

The Kims didn't survive in power for 70 years by being crazy. Jong Un, Jong Il, and Il Sung were all well aware of how to survive and even thrive against all odds. As far as Trump's treatment of the current leader -- we'll see. The sanctions seem symbolic as the NK economy is all black market anyway, plus China doesn't pay attention to the UN resolutions. Kim Jong Un has the upper hand right now with his ICBMs and he knows it. He is indeed living large! The best thing to happen might be that he gets swayed by market forces and embracing capitalism (which he seems to want to), much like the Chinese and Vietnamese before him. Let's hope, anyway. The problem would be the same under any president. I think NK will deal with us, and suspect they already are through back channels.

Now Tammy Duckworth? Please be concerned about Pakistan. Pakistan scares the hell out of me -- not North Korea. Would rather deal with NK a thousand times over than Pakistan.

Hilarious that anyone who dares criticize the cheeto is characterized as being from "the left". Indoctrinated statist dimwits. If you support a Republican, you're trash. If you support a Democrat, you're trash. That is all.

Well enjoy being frustrated because whether you like it or not, either a democrat or republican is going to be running this country.

The Kims didn't survive in power for 70 years by being crazy. Jong Un, Jong Il, and Il Sung were all well aware of how to survive and even thrive against all odds. As far as Trump's treatment of the current leader -- we'll see. The sanctions seem symbolic as the NK economy is all black market anyway, plus China doesn't pay attention to the UN resolutions. Kim Jong Un has the upper hand right now with his ICBMs and he knows it. He is indeed living large! The best thing to happen might be that he gets swayed by market forces and embracing capitalism (which he seems to want to), much like the Chinese and Vietnamese before him. Let's hope, anyway. The problem would be the same under any president. I think NK will deal with us, and suspect they already are through back channels.

Now Tammy Duckworth? Please be concerned about Pakistan. Pakistan scares the hell out of me -- not North Korea. Would rather deal with NK a thousand times over than Pakistan.

I agree with most of what you posted here. I do like that the Trump administration is trying something different. If they play it right it may leave NK with only one viable path forward: moving towards a more open economy (Vietnam is a great comparison) as you noted. If Kim understands that we will no longer subsidize his lavish lifestyle by caving in to his threats while at the same time he is worried that "crazy" Trump might actually take him out, then we suddenly have leverage on him and his regime. And if we play it right we can start the process of deescalating the situation.

So you are an anarchist... thats cool I guess. :shrug:

Cooler than believing that the government can have a net positive effect on your life.

Agree, many have lost touch of what our government was formed on. There is almost no resemblance in today's overreaching stink pile of a oligarchical nanny state.
The Patriots who founded this country would definitely be considered anarchist today.

Back when the united colonies were fighting to be left alone by big government, the rich and the poor both fought and risk it all in the war. Now the extreme wealthy make the war and the poor fight the war.

The only way to manage it is to do what can be done to minimize it. The specifics mean far less than the overall size.

Maybe but I never thought a simple reduction in government size would solve the problem. In some areas government needs to be large as the saying goes "there is a special quality in quantity".

To me it's all about the specifics. It's the behavior of individual folks working in the agencies we have empowered that matters the most. For example, the problem with the FBI today isn't that it's to big, fighting crime is no easy job and considerable resources are required. The problem is that FBI leadership has failed us and politicized the institution. The thousands of agents and forensic experts working in the Bureau are not the problem nor are they a direct threat to our freedoms. But the leadership of men like Robert Mueller & James Comey does represent a clear & present danger to the republic.