Buchtel's Chris Livingston to Western Reserve Academy?

WRA is a special place like no other in this part of the country. I hope they appreciate all the entire school and community there has to offer. Its more than about sports at WRA.

It used to be more than sports at WRA. Sad to say those days are done and WRA is just like St V now...

It used to be more than sports at WRA. Sad to say those days are done and WRA is just like St V now...
If they are not held to the same standards for grades and attendance I would agree. WRA doesnt need their future money to rebuild their gym if you are going down that road.

I was told yesterday that WRA is attempting to move into the OHSAA, in the process of doing so WRA has to follow all OHSAA rules for one whole season. Therefore, the Livingston's would be ineligible the 2nd half of the season (and I believe WRA failed to mention this to anyone in the process). Has anyone else heard anything about this?

WRA already broke an OHSAA rule by allowing them to play at all this season after they participated in a scrimmage for Buchtel.

Assume they would look to get approved for the 2021-22 season. Start following the rules after this season. The OHSAA wouldn't approve them half way through next season.

Any updates how they are doing? I would imagine they had some games scheduled against some relatively weak teams that they should put away easily now.

I'm a WRA alum who graduated in the early 90's. We've never recruited bigtime recruits like this in the past. We've had guys come in who went on to play at the Ivies and lower level. I hope the Livingston boys take advantage of the opportunities at WRA. Being a WRA alum in the Northeast Ohio area opens up a lot of doors. I'm just impressed the mom cares enough about academics to send them there.

I'm a WRA alum who graduated in the early 90's. We've never recruited bigtime recruits like this in the past. We've had guys come in who went on to play at the Ivies and lower level. I hope the Livingston boys take advantage of the opportunities at WRA. Being a WRA alum in the Northeast Ohio area opens up a lot of doors. I'm just impressed the mom cares enough about academics to send them there.
Out of curiosity is there any chance they could end up at SVSM next year without having to sit?

I'm pretty sure if he transferred back to an OHSAA school he would still have to sit out the 11 games, but if he wanted to transfer until it was past 12 months from when he transferred out he shouldn't have to sit out at all.

So in short he could play at WRA for the first half of next season and then immediately play at SVSM, theoretically.

Western Reserve Academy played at Columbus Academy on Saturday 2/01. Columbus Academy won 59-57 with Chris Livingston scoring 31 for Western Reserve Academy. Do not know WRA record but with the win Columbus Academy is now 7-10.

I'm pretty sure if he transferred back to an OHSAA school he would still have to sit out the 11 games, but if he wanted to transfer until it was past 12 months from when he transferred out he shouldn't have to sit out at all.

So in short he could play at WRA for the first half of next season and then immediately play at SVSM, theoretically.
Is WRA an OHSAA member school?

If not then would OHSAA even recognize them as far as their transfer rules are concerned?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/insight.

WRA is 8-14 now. Livingston is a stats machine, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference, but I do think that they've played some good competition. Obviously one player does not make a team.

Is WRA an OHSAA member school?

If not then would OHSAA even recognize them as far as their transfer rules are concerned?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/insight.

I don't believe they are OHSAA - I think the main reason is that they have such a large number of international boarding students that wouldn't be able to play sports on their teams if they were OHSAA. IIRC, WRA requires every student to participate in a sports every season, at least at a recreational level.

If he’s transferring back to his home district then I believe so (it would be his 2nd transfer so I don’t know if that would make things sticky)
Well hell what's there to stop from transferring back to Buchtel next year???

Well hell what's there to stop from transferring back to Buchtel next year???
Let’s assume he lives in the Buchtel district, if so he would (if my understanding of the rule is correct) be able to transfer to Buchtel, Hoban, or St. V without having to sit