Bronny James Collapses on Court

Good news for the kid, scary situation. Can you imagine being that kid, following his Dad's footsteps??
My son went to school with him for a couple years when LeBron was playing for Cleveland (the second time around). Granted, this was 7-8 years ago, but he's really a nice kid. He came to my son's birthday party one year and we were out at an amusement park. Even then, he drew attention that he was uncomfortable with. The kid just wanted to be a kid, but couldn't go anywhere without everyone recognizing him.

Hospitals are doing everything they can to avoid naming it. They have been falsifying since the pandemic began. Unless of course, you believe a bunch of young, healthy athletes have suddenly discovered a heart problem all over the world. In which case, I have beach front property in North Dakota for sale.

Hospitals are doing everything they can to avoid naming it. They have been falsifying since the pandemic began. Unless of course, you believe a bunch of young, healthy athletes have suddenly discovered a heart problem all over the world. In which case, I have beach front property in North Dakota for sale.
I think if you did a deeper dive you'd find that alot of very fit people die regularly of who knows what. And people who've smoked for 50 years and eat poorly live to 90. It's not and never been an exact science.

I think if you did a deeper dive you'd find that alot of very fit people die regularly of who knows what. And people who've smoked for 50 years and eat poorly live to 90. It's not and never been an exact science.

Of course it’s always been a thing

Tough first game for Bronny. I believe he had 4 points in the loss.

Amazing how much hype was built just because of who his Father is. Would have been nice for him to slowly find his own path in basketball without the spotlight focused on him. Maybe he will be an NBA talent one of these days. Hopefully, he doesn't get pushed out of college early just to satisfy some Dad/Son extravaganza. It was kind of cool that the Griffeys did it but that was mostly forgotten as Junior became his own man in baseball.

Tough first game for Bronny. I believe he had 4 points in the loss.

Amazing how much hype was built just because of who his Father is. Would have been nice for him to slowly find his own path in basketball without the spotlight focused on him. Maybe he will be an NBA talent one of these days. Hopefully, he doesn't get pushed out of college early just to satisfy some Dad/Son extravaganza. It was kind of cool that the Griffeys did it but that was mostly forgotten as Junior became his own man in baseball.

As a parent, what possible way would he have to keep the spotlight off? There is no way to hide the relationship.It wouldn't look good to even try, nor should they have to. I don't see that they're going out of their way to create hype. I think the only choice they have is to own it.

Good to see him back on the court but he has had a rough start.

I've had arguments with others in the HS basketball forum but I believe creating these "super" HS teams is hurting those players. While Bronny may have played better competition in HS than if he had gone to a regular HS, he had a roster full of superstars and never had to dig deep to be the best player he could be. That last-second shot or defending the other team's best player probably was the job of someone else while he was in HS. Now he looks lost out there. All the hype of him being the best was mostly just that, hype.

Bronny will do well to continue playing at USC, maybe for all 4 years. At some point, he may develop into an NBA prospect. If he goes to the NBA next year, it will be nothing but a sideshow watching LeBron and Son. Can't get out of the shadow that way.

Good to see him back on the court but he has had a rough start.

I've had arguments with others in the HS basketball forum but I believe creating these "super" HS teams is hurting those players. While Bronny may have played better competition in HS than if he had gone to a regular HS, he had a roster full of superstars and never had to dig deep to be the best player he could be. That last-second shot or defending the other team's best player probably was the job of someone else while he was in HS. Now he looks lost out there. All the hype of him being the best was mostly just that, hype.

Bronny will do well to continue playing at USC, maybe for all 4 years. At some point, he may develop into an NBA prospect. If he goes to the NBA next year, it will be nothing but a sideshow watching LeBron and Son. Can't get out of the shadow that way.
At this point would it not make sense to redshirt him? I mean he's only played 2 games and it does not appear he's going to be a main cog on this year's team.
Agree fully with your super HS team assessment. But we all know that competition makes you better and kids ( or their parents) are always going to want to "play up" to the next level. What is Bronny's level? Do we even know? Don't be stunned if he transfers or just goes straight into the G league after this season. Here is a guy that won't need credentials.

At this point would it not make sense to redshirt him? I mean he's only played 2 games and it does not appear he's going to be a main cog on this year's team.
Agree fully with your super HS team assessment. But we all know that competition makes you better and kids ( or their parents) are always going to want to "play up" to the next level. What is Bronny's level? Do we even know? Don't be stunned if he transfers or just goes straight into the G league after this season. Here is a guy that won't need credentials.

It's been reported that he's on a minutes limit right now (I assume under doctor's supervision).

Bronny's a high level D1 recruit who's working his way back into playing shape after a major health scare. He's certainly not ready for the NBA by any stretch of the imagination right now, but it's way too early to write him off.

It's been reported that he's on a minutes limit right now (I assume under doctor's supervision).

Bronny's a high level D1 recruit who's working his way back into playing shape after a major health scare. He's certainly not ready for the NBA by any stretch of the imagination right now, but it's way too early to write him off.
Not writing him off by any stretch, but it's REALLY hard to truly evaluate him because of his daddy. Alot of pressure on the kid but also lots of benefits. Let's face it the end game is he and LeBron playing in an NBA game together, that's going to happen if he's no better than a D3 player. Pro sports rigs things like that. I recall several years ago the Reds put the Larkin brothers and the Bell brothers in the same infield for a major league game. One Larkin was major leaguer one was not. As much as it may be attractive to some, I think it does chip at the integrity of the game. How many guys never got a shot because their fathers or brothers wasn't in the game?

that makes sense. I'd still consider redshirting him IF he has any consideration in being at USC for more than a cup of coffee.

that makes sense. I'd still consider redshirting him IF he has any consideration in being at USC for more than a cup of coffee.
How much say does a player have if he is red-shirted? or is that strictly a coaching staff decision?

How much say does a player have if he is red-shirted? or is that strictly a coaching staff decision?
My guess is with the transfer portal, red-shirting will become less than it used to. Players redshirt for only a few reasons:
1. they are simply not ready to play at the college level, a year of physical maturity will help them
2. playing time is very limited so by redshirting a kid, you can stretch that career out another season
3. medical, and it Bronny's case, a medical redshirt makes a ton of sense. He needs to workout under supervision and get himself back up to speed for the future. Again, not knowing what the overall plan is makes this difficult. If he was just some other kid, I'd think a medical redshirt makes sense.
To answer your question, ultimately it's the school/ coach's decision, but I'd think you'd want the kid to be on board, otherwise what's stopping them from transferring. Also, I don't think you have to declare a redshirt by a particular time. I've known players who we're 90% going to redshirt and due to injury, they were needed to activate. Redshirts practice and are with the team like a regualar player.