Brent Schaeffer transferring...

Don Flamenco

Former Deerfield Beach High QB Brent Schaeffer, transferring from Tennessee, listed UM among 10 schools he's seeking his release to.

Schaeffer, ineligible to play until 2006, also listed Central Florida, South Florida, Miami (Ohio), Texas, Texas A&M, North Carolina, Clemson, Pittsburgh and Maryland. His mother, Chandra Schaeffer, said UT ''caught him on the spot'' when they asked for a list. ''When he was coming out of high school, UM . . . was recruiting him as an athlete as opposed to a quarterback,'' she said.

All the schools are said to be highly interested in him.

Don Flamenco

No doubt. I'm surprised so many schools want him after his arrest and horrible work ethic. He was late for practice and team meetings constantly...

PanthaBrotha4

Well i think a less prestigous program takes a chance on the kid or a major program in dire need of a QB...

UCF or USF is my bet though...

Don Flamenco

He's headed to Clemson from everything I heard. He is an amazing talent. For Clemson's sake hopefully he'll show up for class and not fall asleep in QB meetings...

bballplaya

that is interesting, but his talent is obvious, so if he can keep his head on straight he should be a good qb for clemson.

makeit8

Don Flamenco said:
He's headed to Clemson from everything I heard. He is an amazing talent. For Clemson's sake hopefully he'll show up for class and not fall asleep in QB meetings...

Oh so now that he has left Tennessee the UT fans will accuse him of not going to class and falling asleep in meetings. I see how they do it in Knoxville...;)