Big Ten targeting Oklahoma and Texas for 24/25 expansion?

B10 is already dead to me with the additions of Rutgers, Maryland and even Nebraska.

I was all for expansion except if it was for one reason and one reason only....MONEY.

Adding OU and TX would just further my interest in the conference.

After PSU it should have been Notre Dame and then that would have been the last addition.

No way does the above happen as the internal politics of those two states, especially Oklahoma, will make sure the other big public school in the Big 12 gets taken care of too.

But it's just a matter of time to I think the Big 12 dissolves and the better pieces get scooped up by the other power conferences. That way the conference title games become the defacto play in for the 4 team playoff. In this world the power 4 conferences will be happy as those title games will be even bigger $ makers for their schools, the NY 6 bowls will be happy as they don't have to worry about an extra layer of playoff games to eat into their business model, and the players will be happy as they don't have to worry about an extra game. The left overs and Group of 6 programs can merge with the existing FCS teams and play for that title. Yeah, it is unfair for some upstart programs like UCF and Boise State but let's face it some of these programs just do not have the same cache as the big boys in the new power 4 when it comes to year in year out revenue and that is the bottom line.

It will be interesting to see if Texas and Oklahoma would fight to severe their hangers-on (Texas Tech and Oklahoma State). That could be the sticking point that could lead to a dissolution of both the Big 12 and PAC 12, with an entirely new conference, made up of best of both, being formed.

The PAC 12 is in real trouble, too. Their teams aren't very good and their fans aren't showing up. Those programs need a real punch to the arm.

B10 is already dead to me with the additions of Rutgers, Maryland and even Nebraska.

I was all for expansion except if it was for one reason and one reason only....MONEY.

Adding OU and TX would just further my interest in the conference.

After PSU it should have been Notre Dame and then that would have been the last addition.

BIG tried getting ND and ND said no.

It will be interesting to see if Texas and Oklahoma would fight to severe their hangers-on (Texas Tech and Oklahoma State). That could be the sticking point that could lead to a dissolution of both the Big 12 and PAC 12, with an entirely new conference, made up of best of both, being formed.

The PAC 12 is in real trouble, too. Their teams aren't very good and their fans aren't showing up. Those programs need a real punch to the arm.

I can't believe politicians would allow Okie St. not to be in the same conference as Okie.

BIG tried getting ND and ND said no.

Yeah, I am aware of that.

I wonder if the narrative has changed with all the money the Big10 network along with their other network money is bringing in.

I was checking on those numbers last week when I was bored because I thought the main reason was $$ from NBC but it seems like that doesn't come close anymore to what the B10 network is bringing the schools.

They had big hopes for that network and it has brought in the $$ and a big reason for that, which I hate, is the addition of Rutgers and Md.

Wonder if the subject was broached at the end of the current NBC deal if they would change their thoughts

The guy who started the rumor is full of crap with zero credibility. The big 12 just re-upped their grant of rights until 2025 not long ago and since the schools are able to keep their 3rd tier media rights, they are taking in good money (particularly Texas, and to a lessor OU). Texas right now has zero incentive to go to the big 10 and lose the power they have in the big 12. This may change in 5 years when new media deals are being reached but Texas/OU leaving is pie in the sky right now

The guy who started the rumor is full of crap with zero credibility. The big 12 just re-upped their grant of rights until 2025 not long ago and since the schools are able to keep their 3rd tier media rights, they are taking in good money (particularly Texas, and to a lessor OU). Texas right now has zero incentive to go to the big 10 and lose the power they have in the big 12. This may change in 5 years when new media deals are being reached but Texas/OU leaving is pie in the sky right now

This will drive it, and the B1G has salivated over getting Texas and Florida someday. They will never get Florida, but Texas will be romanced and very well could accept. Especially if OU joins them.