Big Red vs. Licking Valley

I don’t think you can answer the question “will it be worth it” until the game is over. If it turns out to be a great game and LV pushes Big Red to the limit the environment will be worth the trip. If you live on the far east side of Columbus it’s really only 2 1/4 hour ride.
Thanks. I’m coming from near Hilliard. I know it’s hard to tell how a game will go, I guess seeing the stadium will be worth it?

Thanks. I’m coming from near Hilliard. I know it’s hard to tell how a game will go, I guess seeing the stadium will be worth it?
It’s a great place to see a game. No track, stands right on the field, especially the visitors side. One of Ohio’s iconic stadiums. Full of tradition. I think this will be a great game to go to. Hey, I heard they are reopening a “Steubenville tradition” in Hilliard. DiCarlo’s pizza originated in the Ville and one of the things Steubenville is famous for. Give it a try.

It’s a great place to see a game. No track, stands right on the field, especially the visitors side. One of Ohio’s iconic stadiums. Full of tradition. I think this will be a great game to go to. Hey, I heard they are reopening a “Steubenville tradition” in Hilliard. DiCarlo’s pizza originated in the Ville and one of the things Steubenville is famous for. Give it a try.
I went to Ironton this year and saw them play Wheelersburg. Wow!!! Atmosphere was the best I’ve ever felt. Went to Coldwater and Marion local last year. Might hit this one. I’ll keep eye out for the pizza!! Anything I should know of a regular fan coming in? Parking, places to eat, stuff like that?

Hello! Licking Valley fans welcome to Harding Stadium. Here are a few tips for making the trip. Leave as early as possible. Harding Stadium parking lot is small but there is alot of parking around the stadium. Below the west end zone is a Big shopping center with a Krogers. You are able to park there. It's a bit of a walk so if you want closer there is a Bob Evans across the street from the Stadium. Parking is behind Bob Evans. Do not park in Bob Evans parking lot they will tow you. There is also parking up the street from Bob Evans. There is a medical building with parking. I think it's $5 same price I do believe at Krogers. There places to eat around the stadium. Bob Evans McDonald's Wendy's Taco Bell and in the shopping center there is a good Italian restaurant called Scaffidi's restaurant & Traven. When you are entering the stadium I would use the lower gate located near the West End zone and proceed under the End zone to the visitor side. There are two Concession stands in the stadium. Both are located on the home side one in the west End zone the other in the east End Zone. Bathrooms located at both Concession stands and on the visitors under the score board. Harding Stadium sits 10,000 people so lots of room. Hope these tips help make your trip a little easier. Good luck and enjoy and again welcome to Harding Stadium.
some information from earlier in the thread to help you.

I’m debating on what games to go to this week and am not sure. Not a fan of either but am familiar with Steubenville and Licking Valley. Is the drive from Columbus to Steubenville worth it? Have always wanted to see the stadium.
I have a list:
Garaway vs East Knox
Fort Frye vs Newcomerstown
WLS vs Tri Village
Marion Local vs Cedarville
Canton Mckinly vs St Ignatius
Massillon vs Westerville South
Steubenville vs Licking Valley
Archbold vs Coldwater
Portsmouth vs Wheelersburg
FF and Newcomerstown won't be close. I'd choose a different game to put on your list.

Park at Krogers and take the short walk. It’s only about a 3-400 yard walk. You can see the stadium the whole walk up. Really easy to get in and out of as well. Everything controlled by traffic lights.

Does anyone know yet if OVSO on YouTube will be showing Licking Valley vs Big Red? this Friday. They do a great job every week and I like watching The Coach Show each week. Today's show was short because Coach Reno team is the only one left there in the Ohio Valley on the Ohio side. I know there are a few West Virginia teams going to the playoffs.

Go to the “Capri” for some Italian sausage sandwiches before the game. If it’s like I remember, you won’t be disappointed.

I’m debating on what games to go to this week and am not sure. Not a fan of either but am familiar with Steubenville and Licking Valley. Is the drive from Columbus to Steubenville worth it? Have always wanted to see the stadium.
I have a list:
Garaway vs East Knox
Fort Frye vs Newcomerstown
WLS vs Tri Village
Marion Local vs Cedarville
Canton Mckinly vs St Ignatius
Massillon vs Westerville South
Steubenville vs Licking Valley
Archbold vs Coldwater
Portsmouth vs Wheelersburg
I will save you the time and effort do not come to Portsmouth @ Wheelersburg that may get ugly fast

I went to Ironton this year and saw them play Wheelersburg. Wow!!! Atmosphere was the best I’ve ever felt. Went to Coldwater and Marion local last year. Might hit this one. I’ll keep eye out for the pizza!! Anything I should know of a regular fan coming in? Parking, places to eat, stuff like that?
OV pizza is different but delicious for the one time. My advice to Brutus is to not bother getting his first taste at the expansion locations in the Columbus area. The DiCarlos in Westerville was not good & didn’t compare to the original in Steubenville. Eat valley food when in the Valley for the life experience.

Oh my. I can’t see a way that LV scores 38 in Steubenville. Maybe not even 8.
Watched video on LV and they have a very similar offense to BR. Can run and pass with great efficiency. I will be surprised if they are held to under 3 TDs. This game will be decided on which defense can contain the others offense.

The DiCarlos in Westerville closed about 1 month ago. Word on the street is that the Hilliard one is also closed. Neither one tasted like Valley pizza .

When anyone watches these teams. Does anyone watch the 5-6 guys up front???

if Big Red can get pressure with 4….
LV is in trouble.

Drew Pastuer has the BR by 30. Not sure if he’s correct but can’t figure out how he came up with that either. Makes me wonder.

Does anyone know yet if OVSO on YouTube will be showing Licking Valley vs Big Red? this Friday. They do a great job every week and I like watching The Coach Show each week. Today's show was short because Coach Reno team is the only one left there in the Ohio Valley on the Ohio side. I know there are a few West Virginia teams going to the playoffs.
Someone needs to do better on the camera. As long as they are zoomed out it’s fine. However when they zoom in and a play goes to either corner the camera is too slow to catch up. You’d think after all these weeks they’d of figured it out.

When anyone watches these teams. Does anyone watch the 5-6 guys up front???

if Big Red can get pressure with 4….
LV is in trouble.

Drew Pastuer has the BR by 30. Not sure if he’s correct but can’t figure out how he came up with that either. Makes me wonder.
I think Big Red wins by a TD but!! LV I think has no two way players where BR has a few two way players. That's how LV could win this game. Wish I could be there in person because this will be a hard fought game.

I think Big Red wins by a TD but!! LV I think has no two way players where BR has a few two way players. That's how LV could win this game. Wish I could be there in person because this will be a hard fought game.
Big Red plays about 20 kids on O and 16 on D. Fatigue won’t be an issue and never is for them

LV is a solid team but against better competition their D didn't hold up. BR offense will be too much, look for a lot of points. BR 42-14

Big Red rarely, if ever gets out conditioned. We may have some kids going both ways but it doesn’t show in performance. And at the D4 level if you have no kids going both ways then there is no way they have their best 11 athletes on the field on either side of the ball. As an example, if we didn’t have Issac Hill going both ways we would not have our best 11 players playing defense.
1699031463580.jpeg

That is absolutely true. However, sometimes your 12th or 13th defender being fresh is better in the 4th quarter than the 2 way starter that may be a bit fatigued. Other times that is not true. Each team is different. But we realize that Big Red never gets tired.
Reno calls the dogs off as he usually does and Big Red wins comfortably until at least the state semis.

That is absolutely true. However, sometimes your 12th or 13th defender being fresh is better in the 4th quarter than the 2 way starter that may be a bit fatigued. Other times that is not true. Each team is different. But we realize that Big Red never gets tired.
Reno calls the dogs off as he usually does and Big Red wins comfortably until at least the state semis.
Calling off the dogs early is one reason he’s been so successful. Also backups get a lot of playing time with the one’s during meaningful times of the game. He substitutes early in the game, in spots. He doesn’t just pull all starters and replace them with all back ups. Last week they dressed all the freshman. None dress during the season. 80+ kids actually got snaps.

Calling off the dogs early is one reason he’s been so successful. Also backups get a lot of playing time with the one’s during meaningful times of the game. He substitutes early in the game, in spots. He doesn’t just pull all starters and replace them with all back ups. Last week they dressed all the freshman. None dress during the season. 80+ kids actually got snaps.
Little premature to talk about calling off
the dogs. LV is a talented team and I'm sure BR is not taking this team lightly.

Big Red was way more physical in the trenches tonight. LV qb was very good and made some great plays but they had zero chance of stopping the BR offense.

Little premature to talk about calling off
the dogs. LV is a talented team and I'm sure BR is not taking this team lightly.
I was just responding to another quote about calling off the dogs. I predict a 35-21 game that will not be decided until 4th quarter. LV is a good football team. When you have tradition, a 40 year coach and community support you are going to have a competitive team. I do not see the 42-7 blowout that some fans are saying.

I was wrong about this one. Big Red just keeps getting better each week. Obviously if we are going to keep that up we still haven’t played our best football yet.