Better Call Saul Final Season

A lot of folks think this thing will just kind of peter out or at least that is the vibe. Either way this fictional world has run its course and its time to move on...

I will admit, I think they killed off Lalo too soon. The show has kind of not been the same since that episode IMO.

As much as I like the black and white "present" scenes, I wish they were still including pre-Breaking Bad stuff too.

Jimmy got bad news on the phone before he Jimmy Conway'd that phonebooth. Kim simply say get lost?

Cops at the end? Can go a couple different directions.
I have to give major props for the GoodFellas reference. Not surprised that if someone has the good taste to enjoy Saul, they'd also like GoodFellas. Kudos.

I also assumed that either Kim said "get lost" or just refused to take his call. That, and the hilarious phone call with his former secretary in Albuquerque pushed him right over the edge to full-time criminal...

Another great episode. The parallels between the original timeline and the Gene timeline were well done. Jimmy just can't help himself and against the advice of Mike and Jeff's buddy (can't recall his name) it will lead to his eventual demise as it appears in the current timeline as it did when BB concluded.

Would be nice if we had any idea what Kim was up to. Given she is working with Palm Coast Sprinklers, I doubt she is practicing but I had a crazy idea that she would somehow defend Jimmy if he gets busted. Can't imagine that scenario working with just a couple episodes left.

And Marion is very suspicious of Gene. Was she on to him all along? Jeff seems like the type of guy that will come clean to mom about anything.

Much to be packed into the final 2 episodes.

I haven't seen the last two episodes as my wife has been away and we're waiting for her to return to watch them. It's killing me!

I cannot tell you the last time I saw a payphone. I know this is set in 2013 but still.

Jimmy got bad news on the phone before he Jimmy Conway'd that phonebooth.
This week’s episode was in November and early December of 2010.
Kim simply say get lost?
According to people on Reddit, in the German language version of the show, you can hear Saul’s side of the phone call.

Another great episode. The parallels between the original timeline and the Gene timeline were well done. Jimmy just can't help himself and against the advice of Mike and Jeff's buddy (can't recall his name) it will lead to his eventual demise as it appears in the current timeline as it did when BB concluded.

Would be nice if we had any idea what Kim was up to. Given she is working with Palm Coast Sprinklers, I doubt she is practicing but I had a crazy idea that she would somehow defend Jimmy if he gets busted. Can't imagine that scenario working with just a couple episodes left.

And Marion is very suspicious of Gene. Was she on to him all along? Jeff seems like the type of guy that will come clean to mom about anything.

Much to be packed into the final 2 episodes.
I agree with most of this. I don't think Marion was on to Gene from the beginning, she seemed to genuinely like his company. But she definitely is suspicious now, after that late night scene.

If Carol Burnett ends up getting Gene/Saul/Jimmy busted by the DEA/FBI, I am certain that is an ending to the series that exactly zero people predicted.

I agree with most of this. I don't think Marion was on to Gene from the beginning, she seemed to genuinely like his company. But she definitely is suspicious now, after that late night scene.

If Carol Burnett ends up getting Gene/Saul/Jimmy busted by the DEA/FBI, I am certain that is an ending to the series that exactly zero people predicted.

Agreed. She wasn’t suspicious in the beginning, but is at least very curious now.

My thought about Carol Burnett was she was going to be a guest star in 1 episode as Howard's mom or maybe even Kim's and here she is a recurring/semi-recurring character. No surprise Gilligan and Gould keep you guessing.

*** This post assumes you are current on BCS and includes guesses on where it might go. Only read if you want to.***

Just as Saul was brought down by a cancer patient in Walt who he was warned by Mike to leave alone, it appears Gene also will be brought down by a cancer patient who Buddy and Jeff told him to leave alone.

The question is, does Gene find that cancer patient dead or dying when he enters the house? If so, does he fail to help him like Walt did with Jane?

I definitely think Marion will be the one who ultimately reports a tip to the police that gets Gene captured.

This has almost always been a series about the legal world. It could well end up playing out in a courtroom (like Seinfeld’s finale!) where Jimmy/Saul is ironically represented by former prosecutor Bill Oakley as his defense attorney, with testimony coming from the likes of Francesca, Huell, Kuby, Skyler White … and Kim Wexler. I think there will be a flashback to some point during the Breaking Bad timeframe where Kim is at least somewhat aware of what Saul is up to, and demands and is able to secure a divorce from him to fully disassociate from him. Remember that they were only married so that they wouldn’t be compelled to testify against one another if everything hit the fan.

Perhaps Howard Hamlin’s wife and Marie Schrader are in attendance on the verdict day to see the man who had a hand in their husbands’ demise get what’s coming to him.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

*** This post assumes you are current on BCS and includes guesses on where it might go. Only read if you want to.***

Just as Saul was brought down by a cancer patient in Walt who he was warned by Mike to leave alone, it appears Gene also will be brought down by a cancer patient who Buddy and Jeff told him to leave alone.

The question is, does Gene find that cancer patient dead or dying when he enters the house? If so, does he fail to help him like Walt did with Jane?

I definitely think Marion will be the one who ultimately reports a tip to the police that gets Gene captured.

This has almost always been a series about the legal world. It could well end up playing out in a courtroom (like Seinfeld’s finale!) where Jimmy/Saul is ironically represented by former prosecutor Bill Oakley as his defense attorney, with testimony coming from the likes of Francesca, Huell, Kuby, Skyler White … and Kim Wexler. I think there will be a flashback to some point during the Breaking Bad timeframe where Kim is at least somewhat aware of what Saul is up to, and demands and is able to secure a divorce from him to fully disassociate from him. Remember that they were only married so that they wouldn’t be compelled to testify against one another if everything hit the fan.

Perhaps Howard Hamlin’s wife and Marie Schrader are in attendance on the verdict day to see the man who had a hand in their husbands’ demise get what’s coming to him.

All great points. Definitely some foreshadowing by bringing up Oakley. No need to do so otherwise.

I like what you said, but if there's a cameo from Babu Bhatt we riot.

Rhea Seehorn's continues to steal the show. She stays stone faced in so many situations, including telling Howard's wife the true story, yet breaks down on an airport shuttle bus. Her acting in that scene alone was awfully good.

She better as a blonde or brunette?
Gotta go blonde Kim. And yes, the breakdown on the bus was wonderfully done.

Rather poetic that Gene's kindness for the elderly and knowledge of the law is leading him to his undoing. The laptop he provided Marion and his tutorial on search engines and his differences of bail explanation between Omaha and Albuquerque left Marion more curious than before. Great piece of writing to have Saul's choices from years ago dooming Gene years into the future.

Last edited:
Walt would have poisoned the cancer patient and choked out Marion with the phone line if he were in Gene’s shoes.

Rhea Seehorn's continues to steal the show. She stays stone faced in so many situations, including telling Howard's wife the true story, yet breaks down on an airport shuttle bus. Her acting in that scene alone was awfully good.

Blonde easily.

Rather poetic that Gene's kindness for the elderly and knowledge of the law is leading him to his undoing. The laptop he provided Marion and his tutorial on search engines and his differences of bail explanation between Omaha and Albuquerque left Marion more curious than before. Great piece of writing to have Saul's choices from years ago dooming Gene years into the future.
We all know that guy. So smart and yet so dumb all at once. He is his own worst enemy.

Rhea Seehorn continues to steal the show. She stays stone faced in so many situations, including telling Howard's wife the true story, yet breaks down on an airport shuttle bus. Her acting in that scene alone was awfully good.

That scene on the bus was so painful to watch. The acting was brilliant, and an authentic representation of someone struggling and ultimately failing to bury their emotions any longer.

Rhea Seehorn continues to steal the show. She stays stone faced in so many situations, including telling Howard's wife the true story, yet breaks down on an airport shuttle bus. Her acting in that scene alone was awfully good.

Blonde...

she's definitely prettier as a blonde, but the black and white format didn't do her "brunetteness" any favors so it's really hard to say.

I know Jimmy's the bad guy here, but a part of you wants to see him get away with it, which makes Kim the "villain" to a tiny extent.

she's definitely prettier as a blonde, but the black and white format didn't do her "brunetteness" any favors so it's really hard to say.

I know Jimmy's the bad guy here, but a part of you wants to see him get away with it, which makes Kim the "villain" to a tiny extent.
Kim in no way contributed to Jimmy/Saul getting caught. She remained quiet and loyal despite leaving him. She did what she did in Albuquerque because she was just going through the motions in life, hating herself for what she had done to Howard.

That scene on the bus was so painful to watch. The acting was brilliant, and an authentic representation of someone struggling and ultimately failing to bury their emotions any longer.
Amazing, right?

I watched "Talking Saul" last night and they had Gilligan and Gould on with Rhea and Odenkirk. Great stuff. Gilligan wrote and directed that episode, and said they shot that scene on an actual rental car tram at the Albuquerque airport. He said Rhea nailed it on the first take, but admitted that he is so obsessive that they did a second take.

That scene where Kim and Saul signed the divorce papers Rhea was brilliant too, as was Odenkirk. Great great stuff. Rhea is of course nominated for an Emmy this year.

Yep. Wow.

If Gilligan and Gould nail the finale like I expect, it will be emotional. This season has vaulted BCS right up there close to Breaking Bad in my book, among the top 2 or 3 shows ever. If Gilligan ever does another series, I absolutely will be a viewer. He is a genius.