Beto O'Rourke makes a Donkey out of himself

Recent Beto O’Rourke quote on a conceal and carry gun control question a few days BEFORE the attack on the grade school. Abbott had signed a law that said you no longer need a permit to conceal and carry. You know, like the one that becomes law in Ohio in June.

”You know when she talks, you know, about folks who have guns who shouldn’t have guns let me just make this clear, this permitless carry bill that police officers and sheriffs deputies begged Greg Abbot not to sign because it would make their job that much more dangerous. He turned his back on them and signed it anyhow. And he signed despite being told that over the last five years 35,000 of our fellow Texans who applied for a license to carry and went through the background check were rejected because they have a violent criminal past. Because they have beaten a spouse. Because they are going to harm themselves or someone else in their life. And law enforcement stepped in and said that person should not be carrying a loaded gun in public. Well now all 35,000 of them are free to do so, as are the tens of thousands who knew better than to ever apply for for a license to carry because they knew they wouldn’t have passed the background check. They are now free to carry a gun on our streets and they are carrying guns on our streets. More cops are gunned down in the state of Texas than any other state, bar none. We have seen a predictable spike in gun violence in this state. More women are shot by their intimate partner in this state than almost any other state. Because we make it so easy for those who are violent against those they live with and work with to have these guns right now. Listen, I’m as Texan as the next person, four generations in this state, grew up with firearms in the house. My uncle Raymond was a jail captain, sheriff’s deputy, Sharpshooter Award, taught my sisters and me how to use a gun, but he taught us the responsibility of owning that firearm. You know Rhonda Hart, who’s here, she proposed to me when I first met her a safe storage law. Listen, we are going to defend your second amendment right. You need to have that gun for self defense if that’s what you feel, or to hunt or collection or sport. None of my business. But if you have kiddos in the house, or if you have someone who may be a danger to themselves or somebody else, you’re going to keep that firearm locked up. Your going to store that thing in a way that it cannot be used against any of us. I’ve listened to plenty of gun owners and non gun owners, Republican and Democrat. They agree with Rhonda. People agree with universal background checks. You want to own a gun, and you’re going to buy it in this state, we need to make sure you are not going to hurt somebody with it. It would have prevented the mass shooting in Midland and Odessa. Guy went to a federally licensed firearms dealer, tried to buy an AR -15, wouldn’t sell it to him cause he couldn’t pass the background check. But because we don’t have a universal background check in Texas. He could buy that same gun from a private seller out of the trunk of his car and then go use it to kill people in his community. We can do better. We can defend the second amendment and protect the lives of our fellow Texans. And when we win this that is exactly what we are going to do.”

If you will read this objectively, and in it’s entirety, I think you would have to agree that he makes a lot of sense. You can support the second amendment and support gun control.
So...laws prevent people from selling things out the back of their car or on street corners? Damn, amazing we have a drug problem in the United States.

O'Rourke and Cruz are both low life politicians. Don't miss a good photo op to try and make it about themselves. They both do a lot of finger pointing but what is their solution to the problem? Interrupt a press conference for a national tragedy? Thoughts and prayers and throw in a little hug for the camera's? Yeah, that helps a lot.
Well, let's find that guy he was hugging and see what he thinks - because, when you wash everyone's BS biased perspectives away, that's all that matters in this one instance.

I saw the interview walk off. He was cranky and missed an opportunity to explain the problems with gun control to the leftist foreign reporter. But maybe he has history with this reporter and knew whatever he said it was going to be twisted. I don't know.

Im not defending it, just saying I might have done worse. You have a grieving community and there are politicians and media doing political stunts and trying to score cheap political points.

Almost forgot. You do realize that the FMN story has a slew of factual errors in it? It is a hit piece and nothing more. Don't post trashy links with the publishing standards of the National Enquirer.

Listen, if Cruz's opposition to gun control is the basis of your aversion to him, I don't share in that aversion on that basis.

Last edited:
Well, let's find that guy he was hugging and see what he thinks - because, when you wash everyone's BS biased perspectives away, that's all that matters in this one instance.

I saw the interview walk off. He was cranky and missed an opportunity to explain the problems with gun control to the leftist foreign reporter. But maybe he has history with this reporter and knew whatever he said it was going to be twisted. I don't know.

Im not defending it, just saying I might have done worse. You have a grieving community and there are politicians and media doing political stunts and trying to score cheap political points.

Almost forgot. You do realize that the FMN story has a slew of factual errors in it? It is a hit piece and nothing more. Don't post trashy links with the publishing standards of the National Enquirer.

Listen, if Cruz's opposition to gun control is the basis of your aversion to him, I don't share in that aversion on that basis.
I have never liked Cruz. 2016 when we were left with Trump, Cruz, Clinton and Sanders as candidates, Cruz was my absolute last choice. He is the epitome of a candidate who will do anything to win. What exactly was Cruz doing at the press conference? To stand in the second roll on the stage in perfect camera view? A free photo shoot. Do you think Biden's trip to Texas is totally for sympathy for the family losses? Would he even go if the media wasn't there to cover it? Cynical? Yes I am. With good reason? What is today's media like? How many times has the story of the Uvalde shooting changed? What links are accurate? Most of the links on Yappi are National Enquirer standard.

I have never liked Cruz. 2016 when we were left with Trump, Cruz, Clinton and Sanders as candidates, Cruz was my absolute last choice. He is the epitome of a candidate who will do anything to win. What exactly was Cruz doing at the press conference? To stand in the second roll on the stage in perfect camera view? A free photo shoot. Do you think Biden's trip to Texas is totally for sympathy for the family losses? Would he even go if the media wasn't there to cover it? Cynical? Yes I am. With good reason? What is today's media like? How many times has the story of the Uvalde shooting changed? What links are accurate? Most of the links on Yappi are National Enquirer standard.
yes not a big fan of the politicians standing behind the talking politician on the steps of the Capitol.... also seems like every time there is some politician talking about a black issue..... that strange little dude Al sharpton is somewhere in the picture....

Beto O'Rourke and Ted Cruz in a room together during a crisis. How proud the state of Texas must be with such great leadership.☹️
View attachment 30011
Beto and the old man pointing remind me of Marshall Henderson vs. Auburn lol

marshall_hendersonauburn__1_.0.gif

He was in the audience - it appeared.

The right to life is also guaranteed in the Constitution. It out ranks the right to buy a firearm.
No right outranks another. As I pointed out in another thread, my guns havent killed anyone. Me purchasing a gun does not deny anyone their life.