Barry Bonds and A-Rod Complain to Each Other About Being Left Out of Baseball Hall of Fame: ‘We’ve Earned it’

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
“It means a lot to all of us, 100 percent,” Bonds added. “We’ve earned it.”

Rodriguez brought up the eligibility requirements that the Baseball Writers’ Association of America have for players to be considered.

“Maybe we come back for one more at bat and reset the clock,” Rodriguez joked. “Give us one A-B!”

They were dominant players of their era and should be in the Hall of Fame, along with Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa and maybe a couple of others. Pete Rose should be in, too.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

They are right, they "earned" their ban. What's the problem? There was no bigger Pete fan than I was growing up. But I'm fine with him not being in. He had YEARS to fess up and just wouldn't do it. I really think he thought he could just fight baseball and win. It's the same spirit he had as a player with limited abilities - he fought for everything he got. It's hard telling how long he bet on baseball before he was caught. He really felt he was bigger than the game itself. Today's generation truly sees it's individual players as bigger than their sports but it's not true, never will be.
Players are finite. They come and go. Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Judge, LeBron James will all be out of their sports in the due time, and there will be a new group of athletes who think they are better than the generation of the past.
Pete will get in once he's gone.

Mixed feelings…

Bonds earned being singled out…sort of. A juicer, no doubt in my mind. But Vizquel, one year, hit nearly 20 home runs. How about Jim Thome? Look at the video of his 1995 playoff HR. Maybe he just got 25-30 pounds bigger because he filled out, but why is his “cleanliness” assumed? I’m not accusing Thome of anything, but what you read is that the majority were using steroids in that era.

That's fine and can get on board with it. I personally thought the steroids made them look like cartoon characters. But if we don't allow them in, what about the pitchers who cheated with spitballs?

Mixed feelings…

Bonds earned being singled out…sort of. A juicer, no doubt in my mind. But Vizquel, one year, hit nearly 20 home runs. How about Jim Thome? Look at the video of his 1995 playoff HR. Maybe he just got 25-30 pounds bigger because he filled out, but why is his “cleanliness” assumed? I’m not accusing Thome of anything, but what you read is that the majority were using steroids in that era.

Everytime i see someone bring up Jim Thome filling out from his early years, i remember a quote from someone in the Cleveland media when Sosa, Bonds, Palmero etc. were called out for PEDs. It went something like this.....Anyone who thinks Jim took steroids obviously never met his father......his dad was a big guy and Jim was from same cookie cutter. All farm boy strong.

Last edited:
Everything i see someone bring up Jim Thome filling out from his early years, i remember a quote from someone in the Cleveland media when Sosa, Bonds, Palmero etc. were called out for PEDs. It went something like this.....Anyone who thinks Jim took steroids obviously never met his father......his dad was a big guy and Jim was from same cookie cutter. All farm boy strong.
Yeah, I get that. I didn’t say he cheated. I just think he is PRESUMED to have been clean, while others are judged by a far more skeptical standard.