Barberton Basketball 2020-21

Tron and Hazard are both very much qualified to coach at Barberton as are many other former players and coaches (too bad they are not connected with Sabol the way Kyle is ) . All of which would be very viable replacements for the current Coach who will lead Barberton even farther down from mediocre to really bad! Have you looked at the current state of the Freshmen and JV teams? Before middle school closed they weren't looking to hot either. Very rough times ahead.
No they are not qualified need to be good human beings.
blame sawyerwood and jr. They built this mound. Mcpride is not a miracle worker.

I cant figure out my favorite coaching move of the season so far. Maybe you could help me
a. not calling a timeout with 11 seconds left down by three, to I dont know maybe draw up a play against Highland. Then calling one with 0.3 seconds left
b. leaving Blackmon in after he missed practice and got a technical foul for taunting. Maybe a teachable moment but hey who am I to complain about the great coach.
c. last but not least completely burying his bench against Copley, after subbing everyone in multiple times the previous games. A great confidence boost for the juniors, should really help develop them.
So you think you are a coach? Let me guess you think Lee should play entire game. Also you think he should pass in football at least 50 times per game.

oh ok you sound like Hubie Brown with your in-depth analasis
Hey whats up baller just checking to see how my analysis was? Pretty good year right 10-7 with a pretty good roster no? JV team with the worst record in who knows how long( Ill check with Larry Hazard). Couple of seniors quit, couple of juniors quit then came back, right hand assistant comes and goes whenever he pleases. Sounds like the man in the big seat has everything under control especially with Fox and his 12 ppg average and Glenn Parker with his 8 ppg leading that stellar JV group into next season.

OK I have a little background. Just a little but I have to add my 2 cents. The problems at Barberton don't disappear overnight. You only have to take a look at GlenOak in Stark County to see how long the repair job takes. Today's teams do not carry tradition over from past generations. It is all ME, now. You can hire a ME guy and the players will reflect that but not be worth it as basketball players. You try and bring a TEAM guy in (as was the case at Barberton back generations ago) and you have to deal with Me players trying to fit a TEAM approach. Ask yourself "What is it you want?"

That ME stuff started when Jr. And Sawyerwood came back to Barberton. McPride has not changed that culture sadly. McPride was best candidate for job at time.

Hey whats up baller just checking to see how my analysis was? Pretty good year right 10-7 with a pretty good roster no? JV team with the worst record in who knows how long( Ill check with Larry Hazard). Couple of seniors quit, couple of juniors quit then came back, right hand assistant comes and goes whenever he pleases. Sounds like the man in the big seat has everything under control especially with Fox and his 12 ppg average and Glenn Parker with his 8 ppg leading that stellar JV group into next season.
Agree McPride assistants are weak except for Sims.

OK I have a little background. Just a little but I have to add my 2 cents. The problems at Barberton don't disappear overnight. You only have to take a look at GlenOak in Stark County to see how long the repair job takes. Today's teams do not carry tradition over from past generations. It is all ME, now. You can hire a ME guy and the players will reflect that but not be worth it as basketball players. You try and bring a TEAM guy in (as was the case at Barberton back generations ago) and you have to deal with Me players trying to fit a TEAM approach. Ask yourself "What is it you want?"
Did Jackie do a good job at Barberton? No, however he isn't the reason the program is trending downward. Never ever thought I would defend him but the current state of affairs has nothing to do with him.His failures were X and O related he underachieved in that respect. He had one kid quit on him in the three seasons he was there, the current coach had multiple kids quit this year! He has zero control and has no idea how to relate to or coach the kids at Barberton. This isn't Lake, Canton Central, or East Canton. Kids at Barberton will run through a wall for you when they respect and trust you (Gotto is a prime example of this). The current coach is nothing more than a yes man to administration and the kids absolutely dislike him as evident by them quitting, skipping practice and not being receptive to his coaching. Wrong guy for the job, going to be a rough couple of years..

Did Jackie do a good job at Barberton? No, however he isn't the reason the program is trending downward. Never ever thought I would defend him but the current state of affairs has nothing to do with him.His failures were X and O related he underachieved in that respect. He had one kid quit on him in the three seasons he was there, the current coach had multiple kids quit this year! He has zero control and has no idea how to relate to or coach the kids at Barberton. This isn't Lake, Canton Central, or East Canton. Kids at Barberton will run through a wall for you when they respect and trust you (Gotto is a prime example of this). The current coach is nothing more than a yes man to administration and the kids absolutely dislike him as evident by them quitting, skipping practice and not being receptive to his coaching. Wrong guy for the job, going to be a rough couple of years..
Ok, agree with some of your comments. Who should be coach then?

Ok, agree with some of your comments. Who should be coach then?
Not that it matters at all but here would be a list of five I think could do a much better job at Barberton
Former Players and assistants
Ricky Cardinal- put in his time, teaches in the building, wasn't even able to apply after Jackie quit the way the AD worded the job application Rector wasn't even eligible to apply for the job! Also kind of funny that AD called McBride personally (reported in the newspaper) telling him he should apply . the listing said three consecutive years of Varsity Head coaching experience (exact amount current coach had)
Chad- I know you hate him he is cocky, brash, and self absorbed, along with some issues in his past but he has proven himself as a head coach the past two seasons. Seems like where ever he goes he kids the best out of kids.
Sims- young, in the building I believe, however in the games he coached at varsity level he looked like a deer in the headlights. He didnt use the board at all instead the come and go coach did alot of the x and o's. Dont think he is ready.
Outsiders
Chad Bever- former coach at Rittman really had a successful run, young, grew up in Coventry and great with kids..
Dwight Carter- Old Central Hower coach with barberton coaching experience, kids all grown up , from what Ive heard he would love to come back home.

Interesting

next coach must drink beer after every game at Hunky Club according FreeCrisis. Build community relations.

Last edited:
Dwight Carter was a good coach. Where is he now? I use to work security for his games at central.

Out with my Norton friends got some bad news for the magics. Parker has transferred to Canton McKinley and Fox likely transferring back into his home school at Norton. Leaves two whole players in the program with Varsity experience. HISTORIC bad times facing the purple... wonder how long uncle sabol will stick with his savior coach....

Out with my Norton friends got some bad news for the magics. Parker has transferred to Canton McKinley and Fox likely transferring back into his home school at Norton. Leaves two whole players in the program with Varsity experience. HISTORIC bad times facing the purple... wonder how long uncle sabol will stick with his savior coach....
Oh Ok If Saboo and Pubertson do not tell ya dont belive the hipe!

I believe I heard he has transferred back. Is this true or not? Anybody know for sure?